Red (Taylor's Version) Out Now! All Too Well: The Short Film - Out Now!

1 hour ago, Adriannn said:

Probably you are just familiarized with her singles... the album cuts are amazing. She's not the most gifted singer, and while she's decent, songwriting is her actual forte. 

Its just not my style of songwriting or singing or artistry - that's for sure, but i think that more gifted artists don't get as much credit as she is.

Okay so I haven't got round to listening to the new versions of the main album tracks yet, but I decided to start with the vault tracks and the 10 min version of All Too Well. Here are my thoughts:

Spoiler

Better Man - I'm not familiar with Little Big Town's version of this song, but this is a really nice, laidback country song and I feel like it could have potential as a single! The chorus is quite catchy.

Nothing New - It's giving me Folklore/Evermore vibes somehow. It's a dreamy track and Taylor and Phoebe both sound beautiful together, I'm so glad Phoebe got a verse and wasn't denoted to backing vocals like Taylor's featured female artists often are.

Babe - I already know about Sugarland's version, which Taylor is featured on, so it's great to hear her solo version finally!! The song sounds so much better with her on it but maybe I'm just a bit bias. The chorus is definitely a lot more punchier on this version too. I feel like the echo might not have been there originally (?) but it's a nice touch. 

Message In a Bottle - Well I wasn't expecting that production at all, are we sure this was originally recorded for Red? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: It's giving me 1989 vibes dd. Having said that, this is a BAWP!!! It's really catchy and has that dreamy, synthy pop sound that I usually like! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Could have made a good single back in 2012/2013 as the songs sounds very of that time period. 

I Bet You Think About Me - Oh wow this is very country, from the instrumentation to the harmonica to the vocals (which kinda reminds me of Taylor's pronunciation of some words on songs from the self-titled album, and also on Stay Stay Stay to an extent)... it's nice enough though and pretty catchy, I wouldn't say I hate this at all, it's funny how I don't like country that much but I like Taylor's country songs lol

Forever Winter - I'm not sure about the trumpets but this song is decent and has a very autumnal/wintery sound, maybe leaning more towards autumn though despite its title? Not really one of my faves though

Run - Has a lush acoustic sound perfect for autumn walks in the woods :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: dare I say I prefer this over Everything Has Changed, because I've never really liked that song that much dddd.

The Very First Night - Oooh another pop song! I live for bawps like this.... this is really catchy and I LOVE that chorus.

All Too Well (10 Minute Version) - Well first of all, I wasn't expecting this version to have such different production compared to the shorter version, it sounds more country/synthy in a way (unless this production is on the rerecorded short version too?) I had a feeling the f-word was the swear word in this version and I wasn't wrong lol, although the way it was used was kinda unexpected. I like it, it's really interesting to hear the verses that didn't make it into the shorter version and Taylor's vocals are INCREDIBLE. But I feel like the shorter version is a lot more impactful to me at least, this just feels like an 'extended' version of it. I'm not sure about the outro either, I think the shorter version sounded better on a cold ending rather than fading out. Besides I feel as if Taylor only gave fans the 10 min version because so many demanded it, and I read a theory the 10 min version is just compiled together from all the verses Taylor wrote (and didn't actually exist as a song), which does sound like it might be the case. 

Overall, these new vault tracks are so good! Sounds like most of them could have been on Red originally while some tracks remind me of 1989, Folklore and Evermore all the same. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Kim Petass said:

I was so surprised by this version ! Why didn't she made it like the original ?

I saw on Reddit people suggested she did this because most fans hated the original version of the song.... but that doesn't mean changing it completely lol that's not the point of these rerecordings. Also on Reddit most fans seem to prefer the new version.... 

3 minutes ago, Isla said:

I saw on Reddit people suggested she did this because most fans hated the original version of the song.... but that doesn't mean changing it completely lol that's not the point of these rerecordings. Also on Reddit most fans seem to prefer the new version.... 

WTF !!!! The original one is sooo good !!

The remix is okay, but she could have done both tho.. 'vause I feel guilty but i'm afraid the original one might still stay in my playlist :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Kim Petass said:

WTF !!!! The original one is sooo good !!

The remix is okay, but she could have done both tho.. 'vause I feel guilty but i'm afraid the original one might still stay in my playlist :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I just listened to it.... and wtf. That is all. This might have well as been on Reputation. I'd LOVE to hear from Taylor's mouth about why she thought this change was necessary.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block