Is Exhale The Biggest Pop Culture Forum?

Hello yall :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

So after doing some research and little comparing, I have noticed that BreatheHeavy always triumphs as the most popular pop culture forum compared to its peers.

Let me show you a few examples:

• The Popjustice Forum: 18,729 members
  • ATRL: 32,065 members
  • BreatheHeavy: 71,340 members

These are from all pop culture forums I know. I am not counting Reddit, Quora or Lipstick Alley as they aren't really pop culture forums (they are more fixated on an "everything" category) so this is what I have collected

Thoughts yall? :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:  Lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

I’m gonna go with ATRL (Please don’t hate me Jordan). Here’s my reasoning:

1) Exhale has been around for a long time too, but not all accounts are active (I guess the same could be said about ATRL too) 

2) If I remember correctly @Easy There told me last year that it’s actually harder to sign up for ATRL. I think they only accept a certain number of people in their forum at a specific time. This means less members are accepted at a time

3) ATRL imo, is also more broad (topic wise) by comparison to exhale from what I’ve heard, however I know that exhale now has Politics and Global News and have focused on artists beyond Britney over the years 

breatheheavy is a legacy in itself however. You have to remember this was a 16 year old’s vision and the website is still around and successful 17 years later. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Rik said:

1) Exhale has been around for a long time too, but not all accounts are active (I guess the same could be said about ATRL too) 

2) If I remember correctly @Easy There told me last year that it’s actually harder to sign up for ATRL. I think they only accept a certain number of people in their forum at a specific time. This means less members are accepted at a time

3) ATRL imo, is also more broad (topic wise) by comparison to exhale from what I’ve heard, however I know that exhale now has Politics and Global News and have focused on artists beyond Britney over the years 

breatheheavy is a legacy in itself however. You have to remember this was a 16 year old’s vision and the website is still around and successful 17 years later. 

U have a point honestly. But in all ATRL threads I go to, 98% of the posters are of the same online people :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I think it could have been bigger though had they made their registration more easy :jackk_alien:

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Rik said:

We should have a fight of different camps - Exhale vs. ATRL like in Camp Rock 2 :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses::queenie_falling_dying_dead:

• Haha 2
47 minutes ago, Rik said:

ATRL seem to have had registrations closed for ages ddd. I don't even think you can view the forum without having an account. I think they've also closed registration on PopJustice too. 

• Like 1

At the time it was only a Britney forum. It was on the top 3 (#1 or #3 i don't remember exactly) of most visited music forum. I remember being kinda surprised because it was only a Britney forum and was the only web site based on only 1 artist. Jordan got even himself interviewed by NYT :

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/fashion/scratching-the-celebrity-itch.html

Music / celebrity web site have really changed since social media (especially Twitter). 

I still think Exhale is one of the most popular, Jordan always tried to bring new features to keep the site alive. It works apparently.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

:wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Reveal hidden contents

love ATRL too tho

:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:  It is fantastic though that you’ve never lost your passion and have continued to see success with the website 🧿

i have had my fair share of adventures on this site but it really does make me feel good at the end of the day to connect with people on this kind of a forum. Thank you for everything Jordan! 

Pop justice banned me from their Facebook, I wasn't the only one. About all the Madonna stans was banned, this was during the rebel heart era, he literally had nothing nice to say about her. 

He said and I quote, the fall should have killed her, if she was diagnosed with a concussion like she said she was, Then God really let us down. 

Yeah, none of us was happy with that,  turns out it was a little monster who is the helm of that forum, and naturally we were all blocked for going at him literally by the neck. In a social media way, without her, u wouldn't have your favorite artist. 

12 hours ago, Isla said:

ATRL seem to have had registrations closed for ages ddd. I don't even think you can view the forum without having an account. I think they've also closed registration on PopJustice too. 

U can still see ATRL as a guest but there r some days you have to be registered which last for like 2 days dddd

12 hours ago, Isla said:

I'm quite surprised by this, I thought ATRL/PopJustice were much bigger. Also I feel like most of the users on those forums would still see Exhale as a Britney forum even though Jordan has tried to move away from that in more recent years. 

I too am honestly :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: I really never knew Exhale was that big 

12 hours ago, B-R-I-T-N-E-Y said:

At the time it was only a Britney forum. It was on the top 3 (#1 or #3 i don't remember exactly) of most visited music forum. I remember being kinda surprised because it was only a Britney forum and was the only web site based on only 1 artist. Jordan got even himself interviewed by NYT :

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/fashion/scratching-the-celebrity-itch.html

Music / celebrity web site have really changed since social media (especially Twitter). 

I still think Exhale is one of the most popular, Jordan always tried to bring new features to keep the site alive. It works apparently.

:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

7 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Pop justice banned me from their Facebook, I wasn't the only one. About all the Madonna stans was banned, this was during the rebel heart era, he literally had nothing nice to say about her. 

He said and I quote, the fall should have killed her, if she was diagnosed with a concussion like she said she was, Then God really let us down. 

Yeah, none of us was happy with that,  turns out it was a little monster who is the helm of that forum, and naturally we were all blocked for going at him literally by the neck. In a social media way, without her, u wouldn't have your favorite artist. 

Wtf? Did that really happen?

Wait we have 70,000 members? It feels like there's only around 50 regular posters though. :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

ATRL is arguably the biggest pop culture forum, although they're also among the worst since you can get banned for any little thing and registration is only open like once a month (and their staff can apparently detect most VPNs so making duplicate accounts is hard; I know from experience). :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Haha 3

Definitely one of the best out there in terms of variety and activity. Keep in mind that the conversation about music had shifted to social media mainly to Twitter about a decade ago... and forums in general have been losing steam ever since. But Exhale is here to stay SLAY.

Some forums or pop music websites allow public comments to be made on their posts using Twitter, FB or their google accounts which I think helps encourage others to join in. There’s an upvote system too so you get to see what comment is the most popular.

maybe these can be taken into consideration in Exhale / BH 3.0

Happy Friday Night Lights GIF

20 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

And I'm the most popular user for weeks here according to our ranking :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

Fame destroys me slowly as everyone here like know me and have opinion about me even If I've never heard of them before :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

It’s like they hear u but they’re really not listening omg

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block