Xfactor: Why did Britney have to sing HBD to L.A Reid and more odd moments ?

29 minutes ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

She looked and and sounded beautiful singing happy birthday, yall wanna ruin everything. Go clean some dishes, yall have too much free time.

Agreed. That britman user is unbearable and overanalyzes everything. Like it’s never that deep.... Some of the people on here really need to go touch some grass or something. Can’t believe I came

out of my hiatus era just to say this. :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Britman512 said:

The thing was Britney was still a top seller at the point the xfactor route was better for flopping Christina not her Britney who just came off the success femme fatale era

Joining X Factor as a judge doesn’t necessarily indicate that someone is flopping. It’s a huge opportunity so I don’t discredit that. She was qualified to judge talent given all she has achieved. I just think it could have been done at a better time in her life. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Easy There said:

I can't believe they let her go on national TV looking the way she did. I genuinely think seeing herself on screen looking rather rough damaged her self confidence. Because plastic surgery obsession started with the end of XF.

Back to topic. Some of the things in OP are a reach.

But hearing stories from contestants and fellow judges her team was too controlling and she was not able to make any relationships with anyone.

6 hours ago, femmepop said:

or why did Britney do X Factor at all may be a better question

:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek::jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek::jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I honestly believe that now that Britney's fans are adults, they will see that Britney's contracts were/are her downfall more than anything.

Britney's first 4 contractually-obligated albums fulfilled what she wanted as a pop star and as an artist, with the self-composed single 'Everytime'. (Remember the burden of proof is on Annet Artani, not Britney Spears)

Yes, Federline was probably not a good choice of husband at all, but Britney blatantly wanted to be a normal person more than anything.

As much as I respect her resiliency, she just shouldn't have been in the spotlight all the time because her mental health was brutalized.

On the other hand, if she gets more music royalties because of staying in the industry then I guess that's good for her.  But she's been scrutinized way too much. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 1:27 PM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Agreed. That britman user is unbearable and overanalyzes everything. Like it’s never that deep.... Some of the people on here really need to go touch some grass or something. Can’t believe I came

out of my hiatus era just to say this. :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Hmm this did age well

seems like I shall continue to over analyze, I’m also a journalist baby and don’t forget it :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

On 6/1/2021 at 2:17 AM, Stefani said:

I dunno, but L.A. Reid is a creep. I still remember when he said that 14-year-old JB was "beautiful, like a woman can be beautiful and men rarely are, and he turned it on as soon as he stepped into the room." :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

Ewwww. I’ve heard rumour he was ******** when he came into the business and was passed around between Usher and certain producers... Disgusting.

On 6/1/2021 at 2:22 AM, RedBloodedWoman said:

Not defending him, but  as someone in the business I can guarantee you almost every established producer is a perverted creep. The stories I could tell.. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Yup, I know someone closely who is also in the industry behind the scenes and he has mentioned stories about Justin being **** at 14/15. It’s so sad.

• Like 1

Lets be honest here! 

The X-Factor is a singing competition for the general public, and when it comes to singing, we as fans know that gorgeousness that is Britney's voice, and the praise producers and writers have for it, as well as those of us who have heard it live. However, when it comes to 'Singing', 'The General Public' and Britney Spears, singing live isn't necessarily something she's known for, and a lot of people will unfairly use the fact that she lipsyncs as grounds to say she lips syncs because she cannot sing. When it comes to the ability to judge singers, Simon isn't known for being a singer, he's a business man, as is LA Reid, so people would assume they known what they are looking for when they're looking for 'the x-factor'. Demi, as unsufferable as they are, is known for their singing ability, so it could be assumed that they know what kind of singer they are looking for....

with that said, for a performer like Britney, who balances vocals, with heavy choreography and spectacle, singing isn't necessarily what she is known for, and people were more critical of her for that; 'How can she judge a singing contest. she doesn't sing live?!''

I feel like this clip was used to show Britney's voice off a bit, in an effortless (and albeit somewhat lazy on the production side) way, without putting her under the pressure of singing in front of hundreds of people live or it being recorded in front of an audience....

Personally speaking, I never really understood the whole hate for Britney on X-Factor. Clearly, she wasn't there for the dramatics of that make the show, and maybe she took herself a bit too seriously on it, outside of her situation legally, but I feel her critiques were honest as were her reactions. She very much did her job on it, without any frills. I knew a lot of people who liked her on it because she was to the point.

Also, I never noticed the filthy look the assistant gives either jason or the security guard as Britney enters and starts singing is hilarious and means that even the staff noticed something was off about the situation.

Was this era in general (FF and X) off? Absolutely. BUT.. 

I loved Britney on X Factor. I enjoyed watching her interact with guests and the hosts. Britney has always pulled weird expressions and had a tendency toward social anxiety, so nothing weird there to me.

I loved her outfits. Idk why people are dragging her. She had the most gorgeous dresses during X Factor. 

And every reality competition show is scripted. A close friend of mine has done The Voice and American Idol. Her whole persona and storyline were scripted for her by producers. The contestants are all called ahead of time to audition - good or bad. So the whole Britney ear piece wearing, scripted judging, can't think for herself narrative is irrelevant here. Everyone on those shows is told what to do or say (at least vaguely). 

• Like 2

Everything seemed fake af, there were moments when she was herself but I mean moments. She clearly didn’t want to do it it was so evident, even the Don Philip audition they are sick form  doing that to her you know damn well they knew and she didn’t by her reaction it was genuine.