Ava Max struggles to name an Elton John song (video)

I honestly hate stuff like this. If you’re gonna be a singer, a musician and then not know classics or know anything about other icons in ur own industry??!!? 

come on - the lion kings “can u feel the love tonight”, your song, tiny dancer, rocket man?!? Get it together. 

this reminds me of when Avril mispronounced David Bowie’s last name at an awards show. So cringe!!!  

Or when bieber said he didn’t know who Bette midler was. 

I remember these things lol! And to me they’re unforgivable. Random young kids? Sure. People who claim that music is their passion and are in the industry? No. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, MX3 said:

I honestly hate stuff like this. If you’re gonna be a singer, a musician and then not know classics or know anything about other icons in ur own industry??!!? 

come on - the lion kings “can u feel the love tonight”, your song, tiny dancer, rocket man?!? Get it together. 

this reminds me of when Avril mispronounced David Bowie’s last name at an awards show. So cringe!!!  

I remember these things lol! And to me they’re unforgivable. Random young kids? Sure. People who claim that music is their passion and are in the industry? No. 

though I agree with you that if this is what they do for a living, the least they could do is study a little bit and cultivate their music knowledge, I also think one couldn't simply know everything and everyone in the music industry, especially when there's a generational gap. Maybe they do know a lot of artists, but from another genre, or a different age. I wouldn't know who Bette Midler is by name either, it wasn't until very recently that I started to see more articles about her online and I finally put a name on her face (still have no idea about her music career though, but hey, I'm not a musician).

Heck, even if you ask me stuff about my work field which is Computer Sciences, programming, etc, there's gonna be lots of stuff that I don't know or have never heard about. 

What IS cringy is to lie and say something like "I'm a huge fan of X or Y artist" and then get caught in the lie when you can't name a single song or thing they've done in their careers. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I can name a few because of other media! come on study on those who came before you! 

• sine from above - just did that song with lady Gaga… the person she’s copying! 
  • your song - Ellie goulding covered it
  • the ***** is back - the Simpsons referenced it when he was on the episode and drag race! 
  • Can you feel the love tonight - the lion DAMN king
  • Rocket man - Family guy covered it
  • Candle in the wind - parks and recreations made a parody called 5000 candles in the wind
  • stan (live) - performed with Eminem after he called him out for homophobic lyrics.

HIS BIOPIC WAS CALLED ROCKETMAN!!!

TalkativeWarlikeArabianoryx-small.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

She doesn’t have to know everyone but if you’re goin to an event & someone is being honored like that...maybe it would be smart to look up a song or two cause of course you’re going to be asked. 

OR don’t say you’re a huge fan of someone if you can’t name a song.  Simple.  

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, MX3 said:

Well Britney mispronounced Kesha's name once on the X-factor and she repeatedly called Tinashe 'TinashA', even right when they performed together. And that was after they had shot the music video together...

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Turogue said:

Well Britney mispronounced Kesha's name once on the X-factor and she repeatedly called Tinashe 'TinashA', even right when they performed together. And that was after they had shot the music video together...

Somewhat diff tho cause SHE is the legend and Kesha and Tinashe are new / lesser known. 

i wouldn’t expect Elton John to know who Ava Max is either 🤣 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, MX3 said:

Somewhat diff tho cause SHE is the legend and Kesha and Tinashe are new / lesser known. 

i wouldn’t expect Elton John to know who Ava Max is either 🤣 

Yeah but she worked with Tinashe and couldn't get her name right, that is quite embarrassing.

3 hours ago, Z_Phoenix20 said:

How can you not name  an Elton John song.   Come on Ava max

I couldn't when I read the article headline lol. 

His music does absolutely nothing for me. 

Anyway, I wonder if she just gets flustered and her mind goes blank when put on the spot. 

Tbh...I couldn't name one either...I only know about the movie Rocket Man. Unless he has a song with the same name, I don't know one and I wouldn't recognize if it was on the radio.

Does Sine From Above (Gaga ft Elton) count?

I just never liked him. Seen him on shows such as The Nanny and saw him perform with Years and Years on the BRITs...but...I just dislike him. He is sooooooo trying to be shady. His feud with Madonna made me dislike him too. IDK, he comes over as a bigger btch than Madonna does and sis that ain't a good look.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.