Candace Owens on Framing Britney Spears: “I was appalled, and I was shocked”

7 minutes ago, Marcanthony said:

Here we go...

There's nothing wrong with a guy wearing traditional clothes as much as a guy wearing a dress. It's as simple as that.

Why do people have a problem with a guy wearing a dress? Oh, so all of a sudden straight men might start wearing dresses because a guy wore one in one of the 10000000 Vogue magazine covers?

That cover was done especially to be more inclusive of people who are into that stuff and to show that there's nothing wrong with it.

Candace Owens wear suits(manly dresses) all the time yet she has a problem when roles are reversed?

She's a hypocrite who needs attention.

I don’t think people would necessarily care all that much about a man wearing a dress if that wasn’t in the perpetual context of: masculinity is toxic. Heteronormativity is toxic. Being “manly” is toxic. It’s fine and dandy to dress up however your heart desires, regardless of how *objectively* ridiculous it looks if that message didn’t come with an implicit attack on social norms.
:unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, MmmBop said:

I don’t think people would necessarily care all that much about a man wearing a dress if that wasn’t in the perpetual context of: masculinity is toxic. Heteronormativity is toxic. Being “manly” is toxic. It’s fine and dandy to dress up however your heart desires, regardless of how *objectively* ridiculous it looks if that message didn’t come with an implicit attack on social norms.
:unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Context?

See isn't that the problem? Did you read the article? Did harry styles ever implied that Heteronormativity is toxic?

No.

Imagine thinking the context is that wearing a dress is implying that hetero***ual lifestyle is toxic. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Korb said:

Sis....that's literally the point of my anecdote. :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

I was making the point that the other user was not a moderate though he called himself one but yet he clearly follows right wing talking heads like Candance. I thought myself a moderate too but also went around spreading popular right wing talking points. I was drawing a parallel between him and I to say that I relate to him being confused (and wrong).

I’ve literally said the exact same thing this user has in this thread; that Candace Owens does make some valid articulations on issues. That doesn’t make me a consumer of right-wing propaganda. A valid point is a valid point regardless of political affiliation. We can disagree fundamentally on many if not most issues, but I won’t discount a valid point when I see one. If I’m not mistaken, that’s exactly the same perspective of this Exhale user? Unless I’ve missed something? 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

I’ve literally said the exact same thing this user has in this thread; that Candace Owens does make some valid articulations on issues. That doesn’t make me a consumer of right-wing propaganda. A valid point is a valid point regardless of political affiliation. We can disagree fundamentally on many if not most issues, but I won’t discount a valid point when I see one. If I’m not mistaken, that’s exactly the same perspective of this Exhale user? Unless I’ve missed something? 

No, some other user I suspect of being a right wing propogandist. 

Anyway, my point I guess was to say why bother with Candance's take on this or her take on anything when she is someone who simply cannot be trusted. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Marcanthony said:

Context?

See isn't that the problem? Did you read the article? Did harry styles ever implied that Heteronormativity is toxic?

No.

Imagine thinking the context is that wearing a dress is implying that hetero***ual lifestyle is toxic. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

You’re not a very critical thinker are you? Do you know the difference between explicit and implicit? At least as it pertains to the issue of gender or “masculine” vs “feminine” there has demonstratively been a chronic attack from radical feminists (if you have to categorize) on masculinity being consistently associated with toxic behaviours. In some factions on the issue, there’s a push to directly feminize young boys and men in the pursuit of being more “inclusive”. That’s the issue. *In the broader context of this issue* lies an attack on social norms of boys and men. That’s the issue. 

You may not see that as an issue, but some do. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Korb said:

No, some other user I suspect of being a right wing propogandist. 

Anyway, my point I guess was to say why bother with Candance's take on this or her take on anything when she is someone who simply cannot be trusted. 

That’s fair. I get where you’re coming from. No disrespect. I did appreciate her words on Britney. I mean, if you think of it this way: she’s promoting Britney’s case and the Free Britney movement to her millions of followers which is admirable, regardless if you like her or her followers. The more attention Britney’s case gets from all sides of the political spectrum, the greater the impact and potential for change. Imo.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

You’re not a very critical thinker are you? Do you know the difference between explicit and implicit? At least as it pertains to the issue of gender or “masculine” vs “feminine” there has demonstratively been a chronic attack from radical feminists (if you have to categorize) on masculinity being consistently associated with toxic behaviours. In some factions on the issue, there’s a push to directly feminize young boys and men in the pursuit of being more “inclusive”. That’s the issue. *In the broader context of this issue* lies an attack on social norms of boys and men. That’s the issue. 

You may not see that as an issue, but some do. 

:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Sweetheart this is not about radical left or right. it's about me and you.

I don't have a problem with him wearing a dress. Do you?

If you see a guy in your personal life wearing a dress, would you live and let live or would you rather criticize him?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, MmmBop said:

That’s fair. I get where you’re coming from. No disrespect. I did appreciate her words on Britney. I mean, if you think of it this way: she’s promoting Britney’s case and the Free Britney movement to her millions of followers which is admirable, regardless if you like her or her followers. The more attention Britney’s case gets from all sides of the political spectrum, the greater the impact and potential for change. Imo.

oh i totally think it's great that she's shedding light on the issue, i guess. 

I just really don't respect her and think that some of her beliefs are really dangerous, esp the one about the election because of how destructive it can be. 
Anyway, peace:gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Marcanthony said:

:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Sweetheart this is not about radical left or right. it's about me and you.

I don't have a problem with him wearing a dress. Do you?

If you see a guy in your personal life wearing a dress, would you live and let live or would you rather criticize him?

I wasn’t speaking about my opinion dearest, I was speaking to Candace’s point. 

Personally I could care less about however ridiculous someone wants to present themselves as. 

Are we done?

4 hours ago, MmmBop said:

Candace Owens speaks from seeing issues through a different lens. Politically that doesn’t sit well with you so you don’t like her. The interesting thing about Candace Owens is that when she makes an argument, she is typically very exceptionally well spoken around that issue. And when holders of a particular political narrative feel threatened by those who see things differently, they resort to attempting to discredit those people by labelling them “racist” “transphobic” “bigot” etc. Etc. Etc. And it’s quite effective. Rather than actually come up with a well reasoned articulated rebuttal of the individual’s talking points, they’re just shut down. And that is dangerous in a democracy.

The only thing I’ve ever heard from Candace about Black people is this: we do not have to live by the liberal narrative of our people always being perpetual victims. We can be stronger, we can choose to be associated with gangs, we can choose to be associated with father-absence, or we can actually as a community start working on these issues and choose differently. From her lens: she believes firmly in “choice” playing a crucial role in the success of people or demise.

Another opinion from Candace: No one, in good conscience can say America is more racist than it was 50 years ago. 100 years ago. Asserting so, is purely political and to attempt to fuel the left narrative of perpetual victimhood and perpetual oppression that only a certain political party can address. 

On that latter note, she makes some sound sense: Why are there people trying desperately to assert America has become more racist, more homophobic more misogynistic??? It seems to me, America has never been more embracing of multiculturalism, more embracing of gay rights and more embracing of women. Are there outliers? Yes of course there always is. But it makes you wonder whose agenda it’s serving to attempt to make the populace feel one way.

On many issues, she’s dead wrong. But on others, she makes some good articulations about her ideas that shouldn’t be so swiftly brushed under the rug because she’s what, a conservative? Because she was a Trump fan? So let me get this straight, you cannot be capable of critical thought nor intellectual intelligence if you liked Trump? That’s nonsense. And take it from someone who strongly opposes Trump, that doesn’t mean I circle jerk with Trump haters and liberals and reject any possible critical arguments that don’t fit my political stances. How enlightened could one be if we did that? Come on.

Candace Owens is nothing but a grifter, and not a particular good one at that seeing as to how many people are aware of this.  She supported one of the most racist Presidents in recent history, complete with her Maga hat in hand.

The reason people call her out as a transphobe, hateful bigot is because that's exactly what she is.  She spreads hate and division to both the black and LGBT communities, and for that reason she shouldn't be respected.

Just take a look at her tweets, nothing but hate that she herself stirs up to get people talking because she has nothing to contribute otherwise.

Additionally, she is not an ally to the black community, neither.  She refused to take a stand against police brutality, instead choosing to victim blame and even suggested that blacks in general are hostile and violent people.

This is who you want representing you?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, MmmBop said:

I wasn’t speaking about my opinion dearest, I was speaking to Candace’s point. 

Personally I could care less about however ridiculous someone wants to present themselves as. 

Are we done?

Well regards to her, i already said that a girl wearing a suit herself shouldn't have a judgemental opinion on a guy wearing a dress.

ESPECIALLY when women had to fight for their right to start wearing pants and suits too.

5 hours ago, IRunAway said:

And why can we not unite on being able to talk about differing opinions?  Is it that whoever disagrees with me does not deserve to thrive? Or is it because the people who agree with me have the unpopular opinion rn?

I can love you as my exhale brother and still not call you names or belittle your intelligence.

I think there’s a disconnect here. When someone says such abhorrent things about a group of people, and the response is “can we just agree to disagree” or “let’s come together and discuss rationally”... thats like telling the abused to consider the fact that their abuser thinks that hitting is okay, and that’s their opinion. I can’t speak for trans people, but I can only imagine that may be how it comes off. 

I know you’re coming from a good place. What I’ve learned in my long, sorted life is that you have to stand-up without compromise against hate, oppression, abuse/abusive language, and dangerous rhetoric. There are just times where it goes from “oh I can see where they’re coming from” to “no, unacceptable and I won’t tolerate that.” I’ve spent too much of my own life playing the moderator/“consider both sides” guy and, although that’s usually the way it should go, I’ve failed to be a strong ally to marginalized friends and family in the process (without even realizing it).

Again - I know your intentions are good. I hope this adds some clarity/understanding as to why it’s just a non-starter for so many. Your own opinions on a person are valid, but get comfortable being uncomfortable with strong and not-so-pretty opinions on the other end.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, MmmBop said:

Also to the poster who snap shot her tweet about the feminization of boys in the West. She raises a valid point. What exactly is wrong with masculinity and biologically induced predispositions for masculine/male behaviour?

Except... no one said that conforming to conventional gender norms is wrong. Folks are just starting to finally see a slightly broader spectrum of gender expression and realize that a piece of fabric has nothing to do with being a man or woman.

See, she’s good at starting a dialogue.

The common term is actually "troll." She is a professional troll and has profited well from it. She started as a left-wing pro-Bernie troll and when that didn't get her any attention she switched to a right-wing anti-BLM troll.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2