Candace Owens on Framing Britney Spears: “I was appalled, and I was shocked”

The people here saying that Candace is amazing yet want Chrissy Teigen dragged to the pits of hell really have NO idea what they are talking about. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. They are both bullies just from different sides of the political extremes. Both have said despicable and horrendous stuff and neither should have any plattform.

And sorry but black hardcore conservative Americans like Candance look kinda eerie to me, they often appear to be dead behind the eyes. As if they jumped straight out of the movie 'Get out'

Get Out Reaction GIF by Get Out Movie

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3

The irony of framing Britney Spears is that Team Britney wanted all those things to happen, it caused controversy and allowed every aspect of her to be debated. If it wasn’t for how the media and all that treated her she wouldn’t have been a household name. The marketing team behind Britney wanted all that to happen and for her to be probed and discussed .. so she can play the role of the innocent girl while doing things that were not that innocent. It was all a media game. If Britney would’ve been like Christina and said yeah I did it , so what ... they would’ve left her alone. Britney marketing plan fed into it . So everyone played a part ... it wasn’t until Kevin where it got to no longer be fun for her . And they should’ve let her take a break 

• Like 2

I LOVE THIS SITE! Holy ****, I had an essay typed up and my stupid computer froze up and I was afraid I'd lost what I'd written. Thankfully I didn't lose it. :)

I'm hesitant to say this because I realize it's going against the tide. I have my own thoughts and opinions. I don't go with the thoughts and opinions of the celebrities I like or the stuff they do. Roseanne (actress) got cancelled. I'm more of a fan of the tv show than I am Roseanne the actress. I still enjoy reruns of the old "Roseanne" tv series. I'm not gonna drop the show because Roseanne (actress) is a du*****. From what I've read, it sounds like she was warned multiple times to watch her mouth on social media. She blew it. Either she's that stupid to think her jokes are funny or she just doesn't realize time has moved on and people are gonna believe what she's saying is offensive more than anything.

I see the hatred Sara Gilbert (Darlene) gets for not supporting Roseanne or "throwing Roseanne under the bus". That's where I can see coming out ahead and saying you disagree with a person's viewpoint. Sara Gilbert wasn't forcing her to write those tweets. Sara's got enough sense to realize silence is on par with saying "I agree with her view point or I thought the jokes were funny." Ditto with any other cast member that came out and said they didn't agree with Roseanne's jokes.

Sometimes it does get to be a point of turning against somebody. This is a personal beef of mine more than being in the movement of being cancelled. I adored William Shatner for many, many years. I knew when to divide stuff up. I wasn't putting him on a pedestal and thinking he was perfect. I know the ******* reputation he had but I could still enjoy his work. It all changed when Leonard Nimoy died. The two had a falling out and the man's body is barely cold and Shatner's up there talking about writing a book about their friendship. It left such a bad taste in my mouth and I honestly couldn't picture Nimoy doing the same if Shatner had dropped dead first. I used to be pleased if I was watching something randomly and Shatner showed up. Now it's a case of seeing him and going "ugh". He had a guest appearance on a Mannix rerun not that long ago and it was just a case of lousy writing than actually being able to blame Shatner. Don't redo an episode from early on the series and you don't bother fixing the stupid plotline. He was also on a rerun of "The Fugitive" and the storyline was pretty good. Shatner didn't take anything away from it.

I guess what I'm trying to say: I think it should be up to an individual if somebody does something that pisses you off enough that you never want to support the person ever again. I don't think it should be some grand movement where everybody is vocal about cancelling this person. 

• Like 1

I never liked Chrissy, she always gave me nasty mean vibes. She was shady with Britney a couple times. Her husband as well. I don't feel sorry for anything that happened to her for the last couple of years, since she showed no sympathy towards women that were already hurt. All I think about is karma ZIgTzzb.gif

• Like 4
12 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

One thing I love most about the #freebritney moment is the fact that America is so divided yet this is the only topic (I know of) that is bi-partisan. Not that I’m trying to politicize the movement but blinking too fast has turned political as these are very polarizing times. 
I do have to say I’m not a big fan of Candace. With that being said, I felt her words were sincere. I personally believe the only reason conservatives (not to be mixed with conservatees :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:) are supporting Britney is because she’s from a very conservative area and those people support their native. It’s a big story and they won’t go against her people as they rely on them for ratings.

If that’s true or not, she still has support from all sides of America during our most modern polarizing times and that’s called POWER! 💥💥💥

Conservatives are big on individual rights so people can live their life the way they want... I guess minus ******** lol but I'm not sure if it's because of religion or if it's even a common opinion. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

You don’t have to agree with someone on literally every single issue. This is a problem we have today: “if I don’t agree with all your ideas I hate you and you’re an awful person.”. What nonsense and what an immature childish attitude to take towards people & life. I don’t agree with most of Candace Owens’ talking points most of the time. That doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate when she has valid points to state. And I applaud her when she does make strong valid points. 

See, she’s good at starting a dialogue. We shouldn’t just accept “popularly held beliefs of the day” that’s spewed to us from certain factions of the political spectrum via mainstream media. 

Couldn’t have said it better!

• Love 3