Reasons why Britney's team is the WORST

bitbitboi

Not to be negative or pessimistic but seriously, her team has a history of making unnecessary stupid mistakes all throughout her career. Many of these might seems silly or small, but FOR THE MAGNITUDE OF HER STAR QUALITY, they become bigger stains in her legacy.

I'll start with one: WHY IS THIS CALLED "ALBUM VERSION" when in fact it is the remix? (I checked so many times before, is this her actual official YouTube channel? Please tell me I'm wrong).

And they don't even mention Pharrell in the title, who not only produced both the original and the remix but also features in the latter. The disrespect. To me, this is a gross error.

I know we Britney fans are petty AF, I wouldn't want to open a box of worms hah, but we also need to EXPOSE THESE B/TCHES.

PS: Before posting this I already remember another one... Look in the lower left corner... I... :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

britney_spears_glory_vinyl_back_cover_10

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

WHY IS THIS CALLED "ALBUM VERSION" when in fact it is the remix? (I checked so many times before, is this her actual official YouTube channel? Please tell me I'm wrong).

And they don't even mention Pharrell in the title, who not only produced both the original and the remix but also features in the latter. The disrespect. To me, this is a gross error.

wouldn't that be a mistake from the record label that handles distribution of her music? There are two separate teams between her close social circle and the people who work at RCA records

10 minutes ago, Dreams said:

wouldn't that be a mistake from the record label that handles distribution of her music? There are two separate teams between her close social circle and the people who work at RCA records

That must be indeed the major label (SME) which is the holder of copyrights and probably owns her videography (as SME, Sony Music Entertainment, owns JIVE and RCA).

There are indeed many issues, especially on her official YT channel. The Overprotected Darkchild Remix video missing, wrong titles on some videos, the bad remasters from Sony which look, sometimes, worse than the original 480p...

And actually, they didn’t uploaded Overprotected DC Remix on YouTube but added a vertical video of it on Spotify, on Overprotected (Album Version)... :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare: I- :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

1 hour ago, Style. said:

These are minor aspects even though I agree with you. To me what’s shocking is why a pop star like Britney had to be associated with fashion brands like Candies/Kenzo? Britney being the face of those brands is brand damaging at its finest. :selena_red_carpet_gomez_um_stare:

I honestly don’t think the fashion world wants to work with Britney. She’s always had her own distinct style but never high fashion. Her dog also **** on a borrowed couture dress. I think unfortunately many corporations still aren’t willing to work with her even with the insurance of the cship. That might be one of the reasons it’s still in place. Word travels fast in Hollywood and where I think it’s been long enough, brands are still weary to work with her till this day. Hence the low end brands, ect. I think even artists hesitate. Iggy ironically had a hard time because of the cship, and Riri had to defend her vocals on S&M. I’m just saying her brand has been demolished since the breakdown. I think if she can lock down a few deals when she’s free and prove that she’s committed and really wants certain things like embracing the fashion world, she’ll have to really work on showing them. Btw, totally not fair for someone of her magnitude however it’s all a business at the end of the day. 

31 minutes ago, Dreams said:

Then I guess that's what I mean, her record label. I don't want this to be about the conservatorship, I mean the mismanagement in her career.

1 hour ago, Style. said:

These are minor aspects even though I agree with you. To me what’s shocking is why a pop star like Britney had to be associated with fashion brands like Candies/Kenzo? Britney being the face of those brands is brand damaging at its finest. :selena_red_carpet_gomez_um_stare:

I've NEVER seen Britney as high fashion, at all. In that sense, I think Candie's suited her, and I'm surprised Kenzo chose her. Also, her "gas station bathrooms tour" hurt her image till this day for high fashion brands to pick her as ambassor.

Besides, she's a southern girl! It's another story.

i know there's a cship in place, but if there wasn't one, wouldn't it be her responsibility too to check for those errors? like call out her team and be like "write the name correctly on the ******* album you fat ****". i wonder if she doesn't care because resents the work she has to do because of the cship... because she seemed so into her craft before the cship.

i guess time will tell.

2 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I've NEVER seen Britney as high fashion, at all. In that sense, I think Candie's suited her, and I'm surprised Kenzo chose her. Also, her "gas station bathrooms tour" hurt her image till this day for high fashion brands to pick her as ambassor.

kenzo is indeed high end and part of the LVMH group - it doesn't get any bigger than that.

1 minute ago, bitbitboi said:

Didn't Anna Wintour say at one point that Britney isn't a vogue girl or something which is why she never got another US vogue cover?

Tbh people in fashion are so cruel and shallow i think Britney is too pure for that world

3 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

It’s not about how we see her and how we don’t. We live in an era where FASHION plays an important aspect in an artist’s career. Literally every big pop star had a major brand deal except for Britney. 

2 minutes ago, Dreams said:

Didn't Anna Wintour say at one point that Britney isn't a vogue girl or something which is why she never got another US vogue cover?

Tbh people in fashion are so cruel and shallow i think Britney is too pure for that world

Britney did beauty pageants as a kid and even though she lost in the, "beauty", categories. She always came at #1 for the, "talent", category sections of them. She probs knew how shallow it was just from that. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

16 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

i know there's a cship in place, but if there wasn't one, wouldn't it be her responsibility too to check for those errors? like call out her team and be like "write the name correctly on the ******* album you fat ****". i wonder if she doesn't care because resents the work she has to do because of the cship... because she seemed so into her craft before the cship.

i guess time will tell.

I just don't think she cares about details like these. Actually, in general I don't think she's detail oriented at all, but the opposite: she cares about the overall vibe of the stuff she gets involved with, and let's peasants take care of the rest :p

Just now, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Britney did beauty pageants as a kid and even though she lost in the, "beauty", categories. She always came at #1 for the, "talent", category sections of them. She probs knew how shallow it was. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

I think Britney was way too ardent and lively for the fashion world, most of these models look like lifeless blank sticks anyway, Britney was way too bubbly and cute to be high fashion

5 minutes ago, Dreams said:

Unfortunately, I agree with Anna...

9 minutes ago, Style. said:

It’s not about how we see her and how we don’t. We live in an era where FASHION plays an important aspect in an artist’s career. Literally every big pop star had a major brand deal except for Britney. 

I think it's exactly about how we see artists, or at least how they want to be seen. Cardi, for example: she just could NOT be more ghetto, but she's marketed as high end in all aspects when it comes to her public image. I guess people end up believing it? At least enough for high fashion to make sense with her.

Archived