Fandoms You Left and Why

Congrats on the upgrade :wink_britney_everytime_white:

I was an Ariana fan too during 2013-2015 until I knew about JoJo and accidentally replaced her. All Ariana was giving, JoJo just did it best. Especially the quality of the music itself. I tried to get into Ariana again but it wasn’t the same anymore. I admit Sweetener is probably her best effort, but yeah, too late.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

I was a Shawn Mendes fan, but then I stopped around 2018 after he started to flaunt his relationship with Camila like fish outta water, and his fan base always mentioned BTS (yeah, I don't like Kpop so don't at me) like mergers. I still listen to his new records occasionally but not as crazy during Illumination era. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Justin bieber. Huge fan since the beginning. But he lost his mojo. Changes was a huge let down, his excessive tattoos and melancholy “give me sympathy I became rich so young!” shtick is not the vibe and Justice didn’t redeem all that was lost. More love songs about hailey. Pass. 

selena Gomez - ever since she gave that interview whining about her music isn’t well received and she might retire cause of it? ***** what? 

beyonce - takes herself a bit too seriously. She, along with her family, is seen as an empire now and I miss Beyoncé the pop star and individual artist. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, MX3 said:

Beyonce - takes herself a bit too seriously. She, along with her family, is seen as an empire now and I miss Beyoncé the pop star and individual artist. 

This is so true. I mean, there's absolutely no issue if artists start using their music to advocate and spread out good message, but it's becoming a niche if they've been doing it continuously. Music is one thing to escape from reality. And sometimes, you just need a stupid pop song to sing-along and dance to be elated.

I personally think her hardcore fans and critics are the ones keeping Beyonce relevant. :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

• Love 1
  • Like 4

(Exclude Britney because she will forever be in my heart) Back in the days, I’m stanning Miley, Selena, Demi really hard. Since couple of years ago, their music are pretty much evolving but I’m still stuck at 2000s where I want visuals, dancing, uptempo songs and catchy music. I can’t survive listening to songs like drivers license etc. That’s why I’m into KPOP right now. BTS, NCT are my favourites.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

ooooo.. this is a fun topic! 

For me there's one that stands out more than ANY other........ DEMI LOVATO. 

Now, I'll preface this by saying I'm in my 30's, so the Britney's, Christina's, Beyonce's ruled my teens, and Lady Gaga, Katy Perry ... they kind of rounded out my 20's. That being said, I've always tried to appreciate the Disney slew that came out.... Selena, Miley, Demi.... and out of all of them, Demi is just the most frustrating. Miley has re-invented herself time and time again, and while it's not always my cup of tea, I  can respect the artistry. Selena just makes light dance music... I  can also respect. But DEMI.... ******* Demi. I've consistently liked a few tracks here and there off her albums. I  thought 'Cool For the Summer" and the whole 'Confident' album were so solid, and I LOVED her follow-up with 'Sorry Not Sorry'.... but her personal life and endless ****ty opinions have just made me consistently rocking back and forth with sour feelings about her... This year was really it. Between the use of her overdose / assault to launch a record, to this little yogurt shop debacle.... girl, it's done for me. 

Another one that's consistently frustrated me is Ariana Grande. I feel like her first few albums it was so hard to nail down a lane for her, and then when she finally picked the urban trip/pop thing she's doing, I  just instantly got bored with it. 'Dangerous Woman' was her peak for me. 'Thank U, Next' a close second. But 'Positions' for me was a complete snoozefest of b-sides, most of which not suitable to be released on 'Thank u, Next'. 

I'll still give Ariana's music a spin though because she's got the voice of an Angel..... Demi on the other hand, skip.

• Love 6
  • Like 2

I loved Ariana in 2013-2016 but after Sweetener, no just no. 

:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Not really interested in her anymore, her voice is incredible but she needs a manager to choose her songs honestly. 

I want more pop with a little bit rnb, not a borefest like Positions. 

Her first 3 albums made a lot of sense, they are different but after that... 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block