Fandoms You Left and Why

i used to be dead obsessed with Lana Del Rey in 2011-2014, she's probably the artist that i stanned the most in my life after Britney, but since the Honeymoon album i kinda lost interest and my music taste also changed a lot since then, i still look up her news from time to time out of curiosity and she will always have a special place in my heart, i think she is an amazing artist and songwriter but her albums kinda started to feel like "fillers" after Ultraviolence, her music after UV doesn't seem as memorable or interesting except for some rare gems like Venice Beach or White Dress. I may be biased i think she will hardly ever top Ultraviolence which is my fav album of her.

6 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

Congrats on the upgrade :wink_britney_everytime_white:

I was an Ariana fan too during 2013-2015 until I knew about JoJo and accidentally replaced her. All Ariana was giving, JoJo just did it best. Especially the quality of the music itself. I tried to get into Ariana again but it wasn’t the same anymore. I admit Sweetener is probably her best effort, but yeah, too late.

Yesss, JoJo, love the taste! She's really like an upgraded version. I feel like she doesn't get enough recognition, she has the voice and she has the hits. Do you happen to like Victoria Monet too? I discovered her this summer when her latest album came out (I heard her in Monopoly with Ariana, but I wasn't impressed) and she became my fav too. Hers and JoJo's album were the summer albums of 2020red carpet gaby wilson GIF by 2017 MTV Video Music Awards

• Love 2

Justin Bieber once his album for purpose ran its course he lost me. 

Gwen Stefani After The Sweet Escape

Katy Perry after Teenage Dream era. Such an epic era for pop music. 

Maroon 5 once they became too pop for me. 

Shawn Mendes once he started dating Camila. Enough said. 

7 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

BN-TO916_FANS05_P_20170524102341.jpg

I was an Ariana Grande fan 2015-2020. I just lost interest in her after Positions album. I think her new songs, music videos etc. suck and most of it is just not for me anymore. It sounds kinda bad but discovering Britney's songs, music videos, iconic moments, performances, career just made me realize how Ariana is far from perfect. 

fans-bye.jpg.b8e18848a0269c171b8db3120d4f593e.jpg

What about you? :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Honesty! Her last three albums sound the same to me. That and her performances....are just....sonically great! But only sonically. Britney Spears GIF

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

Yesss, JoJo, love the taste! She's really like an upgraded version. I feel like she doesn't get enough recognition, she has the voice and she has the hits. Do you happen to like Victoria Monet too? I discovered her this summer when her latest album came out (I heard her in Monopoly with Ariana, but I wasn't impressed) and she became my fav too. Hers and JoJo's album were the summer albums of 2020red carpet gaby wilson GIF by 2017 MTV Video Music Awards

Yayyy, so glad to see someone who likes JoJo here too! Her albums and mixtapes/unreleased stuff are so good. I’ve been obsessed for 6 years :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward: I’m basically a stan because I love her as a person, like... She’s just the absolute best.

Ooh Victoria. I LOOOOVED New Love and the Janet vibes. But then I heard Monopoly and saw she kept writing for a lot of artists that I don’t really listen and that made me lose interest. Probably I have a wrong perception of her music because I heard her 2020 album was great. I really should give it a try, thanks for reminding me :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer: Love your taste too!

• Love 1

I used to Stan GaGa but now more so just like. I felt like during Joanne, instead of making a big political statement (I.e. in Americano how she said “I will fight for I will die for how I care”,) she proved those were just words during Trump’s election. She was upset about Hilary loosing but not really for the societal aspect. She didn’t even say anything political at the halftime show and you’d assume she of all pop stars would be the exact one to do so. Such a let down. You can say born this way the song is political but not enough. And then during all of covid, where people who work 9-5 / minimum wage are struggling to get by, all she says is “Be Kind” which is really ****ed up because there was/is a lot to be angry about. So basically all her half assed “caring” hurt me deeply because she built her fan base on how she was a ride or die with all of us - but to me she proved with her actions that those were just words to win us over

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TedTwice said:

Britney. Why? Cuz she got woke and her music's been boring for the last 14 years. 

So you are saying hits like Gimme More, Break The Ice, Piece of Me, Womanizer, Circus, If U Seek Amy, Radar, Hold It Against Me, Till The World Ends, I Wanna Go, Criminal, Work ***** and whole Blackout, Circus, Femme Fatale, Glory albums are boring? Girl I- Did you even listen to it? 

12 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

Yayyy, so glad to see someone who likes JoJo here too! Her albums and mixtapes/unreleased stuff are so good. I’ve been obsessed for 6 years :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward: I’m basically a stan because I love her as a person, like... She’s just the absolute best.

Ooh Victoria. I LOOOOVED New Love and the Janet vibes. But then I heard Monopoly and saw she kept writing for a lot of artists that I don’t really listen and that made me lose interest. Probably I have a wrong perception of her music because I heard her 2020 album was great. I really should give it a try, thanks for reminding me :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer: Love your taste too!

Ooh and I'm going to listen to Jojo's unreleased material, because I haven't yet! I'm excited. I only really started to discover her a year ago, I love her as a person too. I never seen/met any JoJo stans, I don't know if there's a platform for them (probably twitter) 

I think some of Victoria's new songs have similar vibes to New Love, I love that one too:)

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

So you are saying hits like Gimme More, Break The Ice, Piece of Me, Womanizer, Circus, If U Seek Amy, Radar, Hold It Against Me, Till The World Ends, I Wanna Go, Criminal, Work ***** and whole Blackout, Circus, Femme Fatale, Glory albums are boring? Girl I- Did you even listen to it? 

Angel, :bigkiss_britney_kissing: aside from Gimme More nothing in the list above impresses me anymore :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:. There's no need to debate. You won't convince me otherwise, we're talking taste here.:chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm: Still love though. :*

Lol. :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand: Whatever was left of the Michelle branch fandom by 2016!!! Right before I started lurking Exhale despite Britney always being essential to my childhood (but I didn’t think to seek out stanning her cuz I was also so used to her being pop culture that I didn’t need to dig any deeper at the time). @CrazyButItFeelsAllright and @SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN, or anyone who saw me shot post about Michelle may have to back me up for this one. I was sort of part of Michelle’s official Warner brothers site (long after Maverick shutdown, but sometimes before rudolph and co. acquired at a smaller scale of that recently, if I understand correctly). I guess for some reason in 2011 the site was still being updated for what was expected to be her return to pop rock roots, with West Coast Time. She went to the UK to record this album after being super stressed out about her country projects not being released  for years on end 

I was way too young to remember Everywhere debuting but I remember the song following me in the background of my childhood. She was however pretty massive in 2001-2002 from my understanding. Her follow up 2003 record did well too. 

By 8th grade (this would’ve about ten years ago now acrually) I got super into her. I joined her site and saw she had experienced some label issues following her country success with the wreckers. She recorded scrapped solo country albums (which tbh I didn’t care much for based on leaks, however it allowed her to grow more as an artist).  When she started making pop music again the label kept shelving her series of songs she recorded. Some even got leaked. Her album west coast time had completed with recording and photo shoots around 2012. She thought her label certainly wouldn’t shelve her pop album. It wasn’t country after all, however they still didn’t care to release it. They kept promising dates but no follow ups.  

Around 2013, I was still in high school and enjoyed what was being leaked. I was kind of like being into an indie artist since she gradually lost fans over the span of a decade without solo material (although I guess she gained a whole new fanbase and lifelong fans from those invested in her country duo project (they broke up after 2 years), which fared super well commercially and even won a Grammy. but there was no music to show for this. She stated that she was recording yet another pop album because west coast time kept being delayed (she did however promise a 2013 spring release). 

she finally left the label when a president (who was later fired) told her they’d realistically never let her own her voice AGAJN unless she was dropped . She was married to a guy who was her bass player (I think he was 20 years her senior and they has a kid when she was 21 or 22 so.......), she divorced him at this time. Without a label she met Patrick carney from the black keys. They got her signed to another label and she basically releases interesting alternative rock music now which is way different. In 2017, she released Hopeless Romantic 14 years after the release of her last solo album, Hotel Paper. Her album is about love and heartache in your 30s. 

I recently talked to her sister on Instagram who is super kind. Michelle is still making music but since 2015, her official website from Warner brothers shut down (subsurwrntly shutting down the forum which she so famously left around 2005 when she screamed at fans for saying they didn’t like her country music or something LOL). Have no idea where all those fans are anymore! don’t keep up much w her anymore  

• Love 1
On 4/19/2021 at 10:46 AM, Look But Don't Touch said:

BN-TO916_FANS05_P_20170524102341.jpg

I was an Ariana Grande fan 2015-2020. I just lost interest in her after Positions album. I think her new songs, music videos etc. suck and most of it is just not for me anymore. It sounds kinda bad but discovering Britney's songs, music videos, iconic moments, performances, career just made me realize how Ariana is far from perfect. 

fans-bye.jpg.b8e18848a0269c171b8db3120d4f593e.jpg

What about you? :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

So which one is you with Ariana in the picture?! :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

I love Ariana but I have to say that she is one note. I love her singles, but the albums usually add nothing new (aside Dangerous Woman). 

I used to be a huge MJ fans but after discovering his peers like Prince and George Michael and tried to focused on their musicianship even though it cost their career but it still a respectable move unlike MJ who kept focusing on his celebrity status and never evolved.

• Content Curators
23 hours ago, Sea flower said:

That is a very good topic. When I was a child i used to be a big fan of Shakira, all her songs had a lot of meaning but since 2006 i became even more disappointed with each new album.

When in 2010 she moved to Barcelona and released the song "Loca" dedicated to her boyfriend's girl (yes, her boyfriend and her were cheating on their partners at the same time). Then she drove a motorbike without wearing a helmet and made chaos on the city while recording her music video, without asking for permits to the city. After that it was a nightmare having her in the city, she even stopped her car once, went out and turned the music so loud and said she loved Skrillex. (WTH?) Usually really big celebrities keep a very low profile.

Anyway, years after she was accused of not paying taxes by the government affirming that she was living in the Bahammas and not Barcelona (yeah sure!). After the investigation in was concluded that she commited fraud because she was indeed living in Barcelona. Also she is an helicopter mom and had to text constantly 24/7 her child's kindergarten teacher telling her how to do her job.

That it was why I left the fandom, i listen to some of her old songs from time to time but well, i think she is very talented but just find her too annoying. I became exhausted about her and cannot forgive she commited tax fraud while she knows very well how it is the situation in spain for most of people.

Are u the Barcelona police? 3/4 of ur essay is about Shakira who basically rode around Barcelona filmed a music video had fun with the locals and got a minor fine cause she didn’t have permission to do it.... and ur mad over that? Please.... also that video of her blasting skrillex happened one time and even Britney and so many other celebs have blasted music out of their cars? Bye.... Shakira is the best thing that happened to that Spaniard country. Nextttttt

Also she was living in the Bahamas here’s a quote for u “ 

It said the singer had always met her tax obligations in every country where she had worked and did not own taxes to the Spanish state.

“As soon as she learned how much she owed the Spanish tax authorities – and before a complaint was filed – Shakira paid the full amount”.

“As well as providing the tax office with exhaustive information. For this reason, there is currently no debt whatsoever.”

Edited by Britneyarmy8
10 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Are u the Barcelona police? 3/4 of ur essay is about Shakira who basically rode around Barcelona filmed a music video had fun with the locals and got a minor fine cause she didn’t have permission to do it.... and ur mad over that? Please.... also that video of her blasting skrillex happened one time and even Britney and so many other celebs have blasted music out of their cars? Bye.... Shakira is the best thing that happened to that Spaniard country. Nextttttt

Also she was living in the Bahamas here’s a quote for u “ 

It said the singer had always met her tax obligations in every country where she had worked and did not own taxes to the Spanish state.

“As soon as she learned how much she owed the Spanish tax authorities – and before a complaint was filed – Shakira paid the full amount”.

“As well as providing the tax office with exhaustive information. For this reason, there is currently no debt whatsoever.”

:teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block