Marina's new album "Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land" OUT NOW

15 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Oh God, I cannot get over Highly Emotional People and New America... :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Sometimes, her lyrics are awkward, but her ideas, concepts, melodies, and vocals have always been her strong suit anyway, and this album is no exception. I'm especially in love with the melodies on this album. She truly outdid herself. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

I am currently obsessed with Venus Fly Trap. I can’t believe I waited to stream but I’m glad I did. The rest of the album is perfection, but this song is just so damn captivating 

Ancient Dreams in a Modern Flop tbh :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Her aesthetic is all over the place :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: and all her songs sound the same since FROOT :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

also - I love how she points out white privilege and American Imperialism while not knowing that the British were (and still are) a tyrannical empire that has blood on its hands as well:firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

she’s just so faux-woke and pretends like she doesn’t have an eating disorder when she’s clearly in the middle of one.:barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

I just can’t stand her personality at this moment in time and I guess you can call me a hater :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

19 hours ago, slave4you said:

I also take issue with New America. Racism is alive, well, and RAMPANT in Europe. Americans are clearly speaking up ourselves about police brutality and systemic racism. This song comes off very pretentious like "look at you idiots across the pond." Spare us, please. 

New America is outrageous :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish: A descended of the British Empire criticizing the act of stealing land :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: And the cherry on top: 3vcked with the farming too and now our food don't taste like it's meant to do :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: Our??? I've always known she wanted to be American but dammmn :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts::madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts::madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

I'm not really sure about this album. I think I like most of the songs but there's nothing that I'm really crazy about. For now my favourites are the title track, Purge the poison and Flowers. 

I wasn't that impressed with Love and fear either but there were some songs I was playing over and over again.

I got familiar with the album today finally. Marina has been one of my favs since 2012, L+F being one of my fav albums of all time.

This album is overall GOOD, but a bit disappointing for me. 

'Goodbye' is the best track of the album. I love this part: "I've been a mother to everyone else/ To every mother****er except myself/ And I don't even have any kids/ Goodbye to the girl that I'd been".

"ILYBILMM" is another fav. Flows very well and can be very relatable.

I dont mind her preaching on "New America" and "PTP" -I love her messaging in this track and I enjoy anytime an artists can express problems with income inequality/ mass wars/ environment/ capitalism and more. I like both of these songs, neither are favs but i feel they represent a core theme to the album.

"VFT", "Man's World"  and the title track are strong standouts on the album. I love her retro/cultural vibe and Marina's lane has always been worldly-feminism, and she expresses that better than anyone.

The other 3 songs are GOOD, but aren't very interesting and get lost in her already incredible discography.

On 6/13/2021 at 6:01 PM, corpsetranger said:

New America is outrageous :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish: A descended of the British Empire criticizing the act of stealing land :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: And the cherry on top: 3vcked with the farming too and now our food don't taste like it's meant to do :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: Our??? I've always known she wanted to be American but dammmn :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts::madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts::madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

Criticizing the US doesn't mean she's wearing rose colored glasses when it comes to the UK. Not only has she been living in the US a lot, it's not like New America came out of nowhere - she said she started writing it a day after George Floyd's ******. I think she's been quarantining in LA, so she's understandably frustrated with American politics like everyone else.

I do agree that the farming line is weird. Unfortunately, she's been dabbling in some pseudoscientific bullcrap when it comes to crops and GMOs, but I just choose to ignore that line. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

On 6/16/2021 at 10:39 AM, JSDSandiego said:

I got familiar with the album today finally. Marina has been one of my favs since 2012, L+F being one of my fav albums of all time.

This album is overall GOOD, but a bit disappointing for me. 

'Goodbye' is the best track of the album. I love this part: "I've been a mother to everyone else/ To every mother****er except myself/ And I don't even have any kids/ Goodbye to the girl that I'd been".

"ILYBILMM" is another fav. Flows very well and can be very relatable.

I dont mind her preaching on "New America" and "PTP" -I love her messaging in this track and I enjoy anytime an artists can express problems with income inequality/ mass wars/ environment/ capitalism and more. I like both of these songs, neither are favs but i feel they represent a core theme to the album.

"VFT", "Man's World"  and the title track are strong standouts on the album. I love her retro/cultural vibe and Marina's lane has always been worldly-feminism, and she expresses that better than anyone.

The other 3 songs are GOOD, but aren't very interesting and get lost in her already incredible discography.

We have the same taste! Down to every single detail you mentioned. I also think Goodbye is the best track on the album and my favourite quote is the one you qouted, it's so eargasmic. I would switch ILYBILMM with Pandora's Box though, I found that catchier. I also agree about the standouts being Venus Fly Trap (the mv is the most amazing too!!!), Man's World and ADIAML. And Flowers and HEP a little underwhelming, not unusual, but cute ballads. I love the album, but I would have been a little happier with at least 2 more tracks, preferably uptempo. I love this era and need moresweet marina and the diamonds GIF

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block