Marina's new album "Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land" OUT NOW

I wonder if girl is wearing wigs or if she actually dyed her hair for once because she's been rocking her gray roots for a year or so now. You could totally see it in the Man's World MV, so it's kinda weird that it's nowhere to be found in Purge the Poison. Not only do I find her gray hair absolutely gorgeous, I think it sends such an amazing and important message. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

1 minute ago, mr_gorgeous said:

Yeah, she teased the song almost a year ago, and the snippet featured these exact lyrics. The lyrics seem to be getting rather mixed reviews. Some people think she's doing it for attention. Some don't get the message at all. Some appreciate the message, but think people should stop referencing the head shave. Personally, I think these are some of the best lines in the song, and even if I see what other people mean, I don't think there's any harm done. As much as we'd all love to forget the head shave, it's such an iconic pop culture moment that it's not going anywhere. Also, I love the use of 'all we did was call her crazed', so as to acknowledge that most of us were guilty, Marina herself included.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, mr_gorgeous said:

Sis I have an entire thread about this on the homepage from last year :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 1

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

• 5 weeks later...
  • Super Mods
9 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I think I'm gonna skip this one because the album is so short already. I don't wanna listen to like half the album before it's even out (apparently, we're getting 2 more songs before the album including this one). :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: The artwork is once again really cool, though, and bestie is rocking her grey hair again. I love her so much! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I’m still not over PTP so imma follow your lead! Patiently waiting for the vinyl to drop. Was stoked I was able to order PTP vinyls even though I’m not a fan of the shrieking version with 🐱 riot :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I’m still not over PTP so imma follow your lead! Patiently waiting for the vinyl to drop. Was stoked I was able to order PTP vinyls even though I’m not a fan of the shrieking version with 🐱 riot :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

Omg, don't remind me of that mess. Based on people's comments, I was lowkey excited for that remix, but it legit sounds like some sort of banshee summoning ritual. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

16 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I think I'm gonna skip this one because the album is so short already. I don't wanna listen to like half the album before it's even out (apparently, we're getting 2 more songs before the album including this one). :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: The artwork is once again really cool, though, and bestie is rocking her grey hair again. I love her so much! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Based on the snippet she posted of this track, it’s the only one I like so far! Wasn’t feeling the first two singles! 

• Like 2

I said I would wait for the album, but I just couldn't resist... :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: The MV is giving me Scooby-Doo and The Jetsons vibes. FROOT had an incredible aesthetic direction too, but Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land might have already topped it in that regard. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: The song is pretty wild (in a good way), but it might take even more time to grow on me than Man's World and Purge the Poison did. The production and lyrics are sick, but the melodies aren't as convincing this time around. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Haha 1

Ah, I missed most of the live Q&A... Sad, but I did catch her replies to 3 questions:

• She's a big fan of Taylor and loved folklore.
  • Says she doesn't know enough to criticize capitalism, but says that its effects have been detrimental. Then, says that capitalism made us "spiritually poor" (i.e., we are obsessed with things and so on), not literally poor in response to some people calling her privileged for the lyrics of Purge the Poison
  • Is more than satisfied with the size of her fanbase, her creative freedom, and the amount of recognition she has (says she "couldn't wish for more").

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I said I would wait for the album, but I just couldn't resist... :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: The MV is giving me Scooby-Doo and The Jetsons vibes. FROOT had an incredible aesthetic direction too, but Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land might have already topped it in that regard. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: The song is pretty wild (in a good way), but it might take even more time to grow on me than Man's World and Purge the Poison did. The production and lyrics are sick, but the melodies aren't as convincing this time around. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

:rupaulslap_hit_mad: meanwhile I deleted the iTunes email telling me my preorder song was downloaded and available for listening :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 1

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Ah, I missed most of the live Q&A... Sad, but I did catch her replies to 3 questions:

• She's a big fan of Taylor and loved folklore.
  • Says she doesn't know enough to criticize capitalism, but says that its effects have been detrimental. Then, says that capitalism made us "spiritually poor" (i.e., we are obsessed with things and so on), not literally poor in response to some people calling her privileged for the lyrics of Purge the Poison
  • Is more than satisfied with the size of her fanbase, her creative freedom, and the amount of recognition she has (says she "couldn't wish for more").

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Let’s just ignore the first one, but one thing my BIL told my sister when we went to her concert back in 2019 was “wow she became so political” and we were like “***** she’s always been like this 💅🏼

13 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Let’s just ignore the first one, but one thing my BIL told my sister when we went to her concert back in 2019 was “wow she became so political” and we were like “***** she’s always been like this 💅🏼

Yeah, the whole Q&A is up on YouTube, and she said it herself - she's always been political, but her older angsty songs were wrapped in a little bow, whereas this new album is a lot more in-your-face about it. Though, she also mentioned that half the album is about love and relationships. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading: Also, some fans noticed that a bunch of the demo songs she had teased on IG were missing from the final tracklist, and she said something along the lines of, "Omg, you guys are always so obsessed with demos, and I love it. If I were a fan, I'd be the same." Then, she said that the songs didn't feel right for Ancient Dreams but already have another home implying that they will get released soon. Our mom is so generous. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Love 3

@CrazyButItFeelsAllright

Also, she said we're getting a really huge (I don't remember what adjective she used) music video in two weeks that will totally freak us out. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: And if I understood correctly, she implied that Atlantic wanted to make an MV for Bubblegum Bish because of its success on TikTok, but she refused because you can't go back in time. :eyes_britney_laugh:

Atlantic Records, I see you. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
8 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Yeah, the whole Q&A is up on YouTube, and she said it herself - she's always been political, but her older angsty songs were wrapped in a little bow, whereas this new album is a lot more in-your-face about it. Though, she also mentioned that half the album is about love and relationships. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading: Also, some fans noticed that a bunch of the demo songs she had teased on IG were missing from the final tracklist, and she said something along the lines of, "Omg, you guys are always so obsessed with demos, and I love it. If I were a fan, I'd be the same." Then, she said that the songs didn't feel right for Ancient Dreams but already have another home implying that they will get released soon. Our mom is so generous. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

But we are obsessed with the demos/outtakes. I lost my **** when she performed I’m Not Hungry Anymore. I’ll have to check it out after work, but did she mention a vinyl? A ***** needs one. I carried FN era with 13+ records bought and I have 5 so far with ADIAML :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

• Love 1

• Super Mods
5 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

@CrazyButItFeelsAllright

Also, she said we're getting a really huge (I don't remember what adjective she used) music video in two weeks that will totally freak us out. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: And if I understood correctly, she implied that Atlantic wanted to make an MV for Bubblegum Bish because of its success on TikTok, but she refused because you can't go back in time. :eyes_britney_laugh:

Atlantic Records, I see you. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

WHAT?!!!!! I always said that was a truly missed opportunity. I’m glad she’s not doing it though, because it represents a different era and persona. I’m excited though! Still living in PTP territory 

• Love 1