Ariana Grande body-shamed for looking "too thin"

• Content Curators

She posted the caption free photo on her Instagram.

Some people have commented things like "Underweight," "Eat a freakin' sandwich, girl. Damn," "Where are your curves? Any shape?," "No way that's your body. You look like a 10-year-old," "I never noticed that Ariana is this slim. A bit more weight would look good on her,"

Another person said Ariana might be sending the wrong message, "I hate that so many girls are commenting 'I wish I was this skinny.' You're perpetuating society's f—ked up beauty standards." 

"This shouldn't be everyone's go-to inspiration for weight when she's clearly underweight. Who knows what kind of lengths she goes to in order to maintain this unrealistic figure that young girls are supposed to look up to." 

Thoughts ?

AG.thumb.JPG.1140752a60d5dc497014a9bfa1c2699f.JPG

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Is it really body shaming if people are legitimately concerned about her health? I mean I know she's always been petite but still, that picture makes her look too thin; her head looks wider than her waistline. Considering how rampant anorexia is among female celebs, it just makes me wonder if she's going through something.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Is it really body shaming if people are legitimately concerned about her health? I mean I know she's always been petite but still, that picture makes her look too thin; her head looks wider than her waistline. Considering how rampant anorexia is among female celebs, it just makes me wonder if she's going through something.

It’s because of her pose. When you stretch your body upward and you’re thin you do look like that.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Pictures can be deceiving and/or edited. Ngl I did worry for her when she went vegan because she did get really skinny but I don't think she's bony or scary skinny, just thin.

I do hope she is ok and anyone talking about her body is trash:holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, Pbloem19 said:

It’s because of her pose. When you stretch your body upward and you’re thin you do look like that.

As a former skinny girl I can confirm.

Comments like these made me remember when I was a teen and I used to get tons of comments about my body, especially from my friends (who were not fat, just normal with a bit belly). If you're skinny, people tell you to eat; if you're fat, people tell you to eat less. As long as one isn't sick, no one should comment on anyone's bodies (unless you're asked or qualified). You can't even post a damn picture of yourself without anyone trying to speculate your intentions. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Midnight said:

by the way am I the only one noticing the Britney inspired 90s look?  :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

2 hours ago, Midnight said:

"This shouldn't be everyone's go-to inspiration for weight when she's clearly underweight. Who knows what kind of lengths she goes to in order to maintain this unrealistic figure that young girls are supposed to look up to." 

And go figure, the body-shaming that originates from the same ideals that lead to Britney being body shamed by the media and people in the '90s (that Britney, "had to be a role model".) is also present. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Love 3
  • Content Curators
14 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

And go figure, the body-shaming that originates from the same ideals that lead to Britney being body shamed by the media and people in the '90s (that Britney, "had to be a role model".) is also present. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

some things never change :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block