Katy Perry Delivers Spectacular Performances At Her ᑭᒪᗩY Las Vegas Residency’s Opening Night

ALBAVEASP

who would go see her? not saying she doesn't have fans but I just mean to be able to support a residency on the strip. Britney was / is a party. Do they really think she has the same cache? 

I guess she's family friendly so maybe parents would go with their kids as something to do. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

It’s too early for her honestly.

Even acts like the Backstreet Boys who aren’t as famous today can still rely on their 90s and early 2000s success. 

Same with Shania Twain!

Katy Perry has on decade with her and she flopped for 4 years of that so I don’t really know about a show for her.

Even Mariah Carey struggled to sell ..i bet she will just have one or 2legs..not everyone can be Britney 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Oxic said:

168 million for just 4 months? must be fake because that's way too short wtf

I just saw that and it's incredibly unrealistic to expect that she could draw a big enough crowd to make a residency of that magnitude financially viable. The source even says that she'd only perform 2 nights a week; I'm not understanding their math.

• Like 2

Circus theme is already done by at least 2 singers. Maybe come up with smth fresh. I also think she is kind of hopped on a last train cause a lot if singers already did those residencies be4 pandemia. And i am not sure if in 2022 it is going to be the same as be4 pandemia in terms of ppl traveling and etc. Will they sell enough tickets to pay her that huge paycheck

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ChristianDO said:

Funny how Katherine used to diss Britney and now she basically wants to be her. :) 

So true!! Vegas residency and a circus theme... hmm sounds familiar. Nothing personal Katy, but I find it hard to believe she is going to get more money than Britney and Celine... really?? Especially with her recent album sales and the general public’s interest in her continuing to decline. I wish her the best of luck though and hope it’s a success! Get that coin and slay queen. 

• Love 2
  • Like 6

Lol, is the source just some Katy Perry Twitter stan account? It seems so fake. Katy’s last 2 albums flopped and she’s just becoming less and less popular. I don’t think she’s the type of artist who had tons of fans who will go to Vegas just to see her show like Britney, Gaga, J.Lo, Mariah, etc. she’s not a legend like them, there’s no way she’s getting paid more than them, or Celine, Elton, etc. this is just some stan fantasy. 

• Like 2

She might actually get a decent crowd. After this covid mess people are hungry for normal things again, going to concerts being one of those things. Katy might not have had huge hits lately, but her name is still known so I think she will do just fine. She also has a lot of hits to fill a setlist. 

Spoiler

And if all else fails, she can be promoted as a nostalgia act. It worked for B:demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block