do you think Britney will keep her baby voice if she returns to music?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes sadly

it has become a vocal habit, she is so used to singing in that way , she'd probably need coaching lessons to get rid of that habit

but her voice isn't that damaged considering she rarely sings live, her vocal cords are still intact , her range is probably deeper than it used to be, if she sang in a deep low voice it would sound so good

31 minutes ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

yes sadly

it has become a vocal habit, she is so used to singing in that way , she'd probably need coaching lessons to get rid of that habit

but her voice isn't that damaged considering she rarely sings live, her vocal cords are still intact , her range is probably deeper than it used to be, if she sang in a deep low voice it would sound so good

After hearing her in 2017 singing live her voice is very much there. Her deeper register is still her most powerful. 

3 minutes ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

Yes absolutely. Her deeper voice is intact and sounds the same as in 1998

It's when she does the baby voice that it sounds a bit raspier and huskier but the deep voice seems the same

i have noticed that. the deep voice is still there when she does the baby voice. to be honest i like both voices. i sometimes wish she could mix them up. like she did on perfume

3 minutes ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

i have noticed that. the deep voice is still there when she does the baby voice. to be honest i like both voices. i sometimes wish she could mix them up. like she did on perfume

I love the parts in in Mood Ring and What You Need when she uses her low register, it honestly sounds so satisfying lol , and the GP wants more of that voice i'm sure! They love Baby One More Time and her voice is way deeper on BOTM than it is on Oops, Toxic etc

Baby voice was already present in the Baby One More Time era, the difference is that her vocals werent so overly produced back then and in her early albums she had to prove she was a singer (we saw a little glimpse when she sang Something to Talk About, she went for it but baby voice was still present). I much prefer her In The Zone vocals, they sound way more comfortable to her than having to hit unecessary notes every single line. Glory vocals are also a gem, excluding Private Show and What You Need of course.

If she keeps the way it was on Glory, and make some songs she would feel comfortable to singe live if she decides to, it would be a better fit. Going for Star Searchney would be kinda... strange. Britney's voice is unique and instantly recognizable, its her style and I love it. 

6 hours ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

yes sadly

Even if her mic isn't turned on, she's usually singing along to the song. We've heard this on many occasions, such as the ABC special 2003 where her real voice is echoing in the room during Every Time, the leaked HBO special 2001 mic feed, etc. That's why she tries to say she's "always singing [my] *** off." She is... her mic is just off. I don't know how much that spared her voice given how bad the baby style is her for vocals.

13 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

Even if her mic isn't turned on, she's usually singing along to the song. We've heard this on many occasions, such as the ABC special 2003 where her real voice is echoing in the room during Every Time, the leaked HBO special 2001 mic feed, etc. That's why she tries to say she's "always singing [my] *** off." She is... her mic is just off. I don't know how much that spared her voice given how bad the baby style is her for vocals.

The HBO Mic Feed was not her natural voice

I would like her deep voice when it calls for it. Her baby voice is a part of the song's catchiness. Uptempo songs sound better with a higher pitch (not all do, but Britney's type uptempo songs). Her BOMT album was the perfect mixing of styles. It is so ingrained in her to sing higher, so she naturally just reverts back to that. She needs vocal lessons badly to have more control and sing natural and not be tight in her jaw and throat.

1 hour ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

The HBO Mic Feed was not her natural voice

The baby style isn’t her natural voice.

Are you trying to say the HBO mic feed is not real? If so, it is - you can hear identical bits of it in the live show, like during the music box scene. (Apologies if that’s not what you mean.)

Regardless, she’s definitely not singing with proper technique in that HBO mic feed or the many other mic feeds on YouTube that we know are her. Yes, I know, I know - she’s dancing her *** off. I only mean to articulate that not singing with her mic on didn’t necessarily give her a break vocally. She just wasn’t trained to develop a healthy technique after signing with Jive and it’s not good for her vocals. I doubt they’ve been spared that much. The studio isn’t the only time she’s using a bad technique.

Her manipulated speaking voice in many of her Insta videos is also interesting, but another story.

Archived