Demi Lovato: "I started realizing how queer I really am"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Demi Lovato opens up about her experience being part of the LGBTQ community. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

"When I started getting older, I started realizing how queer I really am," the singer explained. "This past year I was engaged to a man, and when it didn’t work, I was like, this is a huge sign. I thought I was going to spend my life with someone. Now that I wasn’t going to, I felt this sense of relief that I could live my truth." I hooked up with a girl and was like, ‘I like this a lot more.’ It felt better. It felt right," she told the outlet. "Some of the guys I was hanging out with—when it would come time to be ***ual or intimate, I would have this kind of visceral reaction. Like, ‘I just don’t want to put my mouth there.’ It wasn’t even based on the person it was with. I just found myself really appreciating the friendships of those people more than the romance, and I didn’t want the romance from anybody of the opposite s**."

"I know who I am and what I am, but I’m just waiting until a specific timeline to come out to the world as what I am," Lovato explained. "I’m following my healers’ timeline, and I’m using this time to really study and educate myself on my journey and what I’m preparing to do."

Happy for her that she's becoming more comfortable with herself. Thoughts, Exhale? 

Please don't use this as an opportunity to drag her! Thanks. 🙏 

Related:

demi-lgbtq.jpg.a2afaba86995f6c50c361571756febea.jpg

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block