Gwen Stefani taps Saweetie for "Slow Clap" remix music video + solo music video out now

If you actually sit and read the lyrics and some comments on how the song started and developed it's definitely more interesting...

https://genius.com/Gwen-stefani-slow-clap-lyrics

[Verse 1]
I'll be David, you Goliath
Set the rule and I'll defy it
You'll be angry, I'll be quiet
You'll be purple, I'm the violet
Take a ride 'cause I'm the co-pilot
I'm the ice cream, you're just the diet
Be the captain, I'll be the pirate
You're Billy the Kid and I'll be the Wyatt

• Love 2
5 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Yes that album is amazing! Rare and You’re My Favorite are such hidden gems on that album! See that album felt like a natural progression for her, her new music seems so forced like she’s trying to be someone she’s not anymore! 

Omg Rare is my FAVORITE of the album! I also really love Obsessed and Rocket Ship! The album is soooo Gwen! Wish she would continue that way but the new songs are nothing like her

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Garrett said:

How do you go from writing Return of Saturn, Tragic Kingdom, Rock steady, etc.. to the last two songs she has put out...

Read her lyrics. There’s a lot of depth and meaning to them. Slow Clap is ridden with her insecurities still making music at her age. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

If you actually sit and read the lyrics and some comments on how the song started and developed it's definitely more interesting...

https://genius.com/Gwen-stefani-slow-clap-lyrics

This! People forget she is 51 with a 30 year career behind her. She is one of the very rare artists who has literally done every genre. She just had 2 back to back #1 country hits. It’s super hard for her to go in and work with new producers because she doesn’t really have a specific genre that they can run with. It takes a lot of balls to do what Gwen has with her career and very few artists can say they’ve achieved what she has. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Martian_M00d said:

Ironic, considering some thoughts in this thread, haha 

It really is gross that people think any woman over the age of 40 shouldn’t still be doing their thing however they please. Gwen has talked about how hard it has been  for her to get past that idea. She does serious romantic songs and people still want to crap on her for doing country.

LOL at everyone saying it’s “immature” and she needs to act her age. Her biggest solo spells out bananas! That’s part of Gwens thing as a solo artists she’s experimental and quirky. 

I’m trying to give it a chance, but I’m not feeling it so far. I’m not sure if she worked with Pharrell, but it seems like something she’d do with him. She’s probably using this song to try to appeal to the tik tok ppl, which is smart, but not the best artistry. Still looking forward to her album though. I don’t get why ppl don’t like let me reintroduce myself, I love that song. It combines that classic no doubt sound and solo Gwen quirkiness. I’m sure the album will have some “more mature” songs like you all want. Gwens albums usually have silly fun songs and quirky silly songs, her bigger solo hits have been more on the quirky side... 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
On 3/12/2021 at 8:37 PM, FraFromThe90's said:

Where is the badass woman of what u waiting for and Hollaback girl? Or even the romantic nostalgic of cool, early winter and wonderful life? 

In 2004/2005, where she belongs. Asking her to redo what she's done more than 15 years ago would be like asking Britney to give us songs like Oops or Slave.

She's just moving on and doing the music she likes. I'm sure in the album there will be songs that sound more mature, these are just two fun singles to catch the attention

3 minutes ago, Paolo94 said:

In 2004/2005, where she belongs. Asking her to redo what she's done more than 15 years ago would be like asking Britney to give us songs like Oops or Slave.

She's just moving on and doing the music she likes. I'm sure in the album there will be songs that sound more mature, these are just two fun singles to catch the attention

Yes but the problem is that they are not even that catchy.. For exemple everyone here hate pretty girls but that's an exemple of a stupid but really catchy song with huge potential for the charts, this seems a demo rejection of some k pop band. For exemple baby don't lie was way better, and even spark the fire, even if I like more her electro rockish somewhat 80s songs as what u waiting for and it's my life

40 minutes ago, FraFromThe90's said:

Yes but the problem is that they are not even that catchy.. For exemple everyone here hate pretty girls but that's an exemple of a stupid but really catchy song with huge potential for the charts, this seems a demo rejection of some k pop band. For exemple baby don't lie was way better, and even spark the fire, even if I like more her electro rockish somewhat 80s songs as what u waiting for and it's my life

I think it's a matter of personal taste.

It's not my favorite gwen song, reminds me a little of charli xcx, but I really prefer this one rather than spark the fire or half of her last pop album.

Both this and LMRM are growers imo, not pop masterpieces like What you waiting for or Cool. But wind it up wasn't a masterpiece either...

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block