SZA says Doja Cat is going to be Britney Spears

I don't even know who both of these girls are, but I just know that Britney became Britney with her very first song. Anyone that fails to replicate this with their very first single, they can't simply become the "next Britney" with their second, third, nth single/album, it's like, you tried but no.

However, they don't have to be Britney, they can be something else :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Also, to the OP, Shakira was never meant to be Britney, she came out waaaay before Britney, so she was already her own thing when Britney came out. That the US didn't know her, that's another thing. I love both though.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

That is professional work tho...we do not even know if they r friends..

That's why I said famous friends and fans :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't even know who both of these girls are, but I just know that Britney became Britney with her very first song. Anyone that fails to replicate this with their very first single, they can't simply become the "next Britney" with their second, third, nth single/album, it's like, you tried but no.

However, they don't have to be Britney, they can be something else :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Also, to the OP, Shakira was never meant to be Britney, she came out waaaay before Britney, so she was already her own thing when Britney came out. That the US didn't know her, that's another thing. I love both though.

I know that but I was talking about Shakira's "international" career, meaning when she started to sing in English too. Until she did whenever wherever, people didn't know her in the USA and Europe yet and bc both have worked with Francis Lawrence at the same time and Britney had some belly dancing in the slave video too, media compared Shakira to Britney. That seemed a wtf comparison to me at the time too, but it happened. My point is Shakira became a huge star ww as well, but ofc media were wrong about comparing both bc they were really different. I like Shakira too. 

18 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Still doesn't with the fact that she likes Britney :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

That was a joke hun bc Shawn shaded her and is a big JT stan, Lizzo was seen hanging out with him a couple of times and I always had an impression she doesn't like Britney and ofc I dont even need to talk about Timbaland who JT is friends with... 

Idk why u're making a fuss over just a silly joke but I digress :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

15 minutes ago, Bundy said:

That was a joke hun bc Shawn shaded her and is a big JT stan, Lizzo was seen hanging out with him a couple of times and I always had an impression she doesn't like Britney and ofc I dont even need to talk about Timbaland who JT is friends with... 

Idk why u're making a fuss over just a silly joke but I digress :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

I thought u were being serious, so sorry that i fumed up 

22 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I thought u were being serious, so sorry that i fumed up 

Oh, there's nothing to apologize for. But I guess that was a lame attempt of trying being ironic online then lol 

I don’t know if anyone can really ever do what Britney did again. And no shade to Doja Cat, but like how many singles/videos has she had that haven’t had any impact? Yeah, Say So was a hit, but it’s far from having any kind of impact like BOMT. So... I don’t think she’ll ever be on Britney’s level. Maybe I’m wrong... but she doesn’t seem like someone who will be a legend. She seems like the flavor of the moment. But we’ll see. 

22 hours ago, runpiggierun said:

No, it just proves that whoever that SZA is, he or she or whatever thinks Britney is just a C-list celebrity that can be compared to a one-hit-wonder Doja puzzy. 

why do people keep calling SZA “he” ...? I am confused. SZA is a female artist. 

8 minutes ago, runpiggierun said:

I said he or she or whatever, not just he, cause I don't even know him or her or whatever. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

fair. I’ve seen a couple people say he in reference to SZA in this thread. lolol. she’s actually got some really good music! neither of them are the next Britney tho. 

britney spears GIF

7 hours ago, Bundy said:

I know that but I was talking about Shakira's "international" career, meaning when she started to sing in English too. Until she did whenever wherever, people didn't know her in the USA and Europe yet and bc both have worked with Francis Lawrence at the same time and Britney had some belly dancing in the slave video too, media compared Shakira to Britney. That seemed a wtf comparison to me at the time too, but it happened. My point is Shakira became a huge star ww as well, but ofc media were wrong about comparing both bc they were really different. I like Shakira too. 

I :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: you but Im sorry boo you are wrong. You are generalizing. Spanish is the worlds second language and there A LOT of latinos in America. That said, the only people in America that didn’t know about Shakira in the 90’s were americans living in their english language bubble. Shak exploded in latin America which is why her English crossover album happened. 

It be the ones on here making fun of other artists & belittling them & know they hate when other fans bases mock Britney :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:. Britney impact isn’t just base on success, she also was really talented & had a charisma about her just like Doja cat has. Stop saying “they” haven’t made the impact that Britney has. No one ever will, but Britney hasn’t been Britney since 08/09 so to still get complimented was a nice gesture from sza. Who’s one of the biggest artist in the R&B realm & probably can write a few hits for Britney if I’m being real! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: you but Im sorry boo you are wrong. You are generalizing. Spanish is the worlds second language and there A LOT of latinos in America. That said, the only people in America that didn’t know about Shakira in the 90’s were americans living in their english language bubble. Shak exploded in latin America which is why her English crossover album happened. 

I'm from South America tho and Shakira only exploded in North America, Europe and Asia with laundry service in 2001, before that she was mostly known only in South America. I know that bc I already liked her and followed her career since her Pies Descalzos days. She was huge here, but outside here not many people knew about her and that's why when she dropped whenever wherever many people thought she was a new artist and compared her to Britney. Many latin artists are big here and their English crossover never really take off. Gloria Estefan saw potential in her and she pushed Shakira to learn English and she couldn't have been more right. Shakira's sound was refreshing, she's really talented, a performer and charismatic. Coming from South America and becoming one of the biggest stars in the world isn't smt very easy to achieve, even when u're already so big in South America. Sadly many times North America can't care less whos big in here if they aren't interested in the sound or what the artist is all about.