SZA says Doja Cat is going to be Britney Spears

Do any Britney fans remember when everyone said Britney was the next Madonna 24/7Β :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking:Β The comparisons are flattering but they make me realize how times fliesΒ :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:Β I enjoy Doja’s music and performances but IDK much about her as a person and she’s been around for how long? When Britney came out she exploded and everyone was obsessed (merchandise, books, dolls, specials) I haven’t seen any of this as far as Doja goesΒ :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Again, its a flattering comparison and I respectively think Doja will do just fine, but I don’t see her having the kind of impact Britney has hadΒ :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Like 1

Remember when Hillary was the new britney back when ciara was the new janet jackson.

Β 

Remember that chic who collabed with brit in slumber party was also the new janet.Β 

Or MGK was the new EminemΒ 

Or Leona Whois was the new MariahΒ 

We don't know her.Β 

Comparisons are like the kids of death!Β 

Β 

Though this was just an artist saying you're going to be a superstar.Β 

Β 

Still there's only one *****Β 

It's entirely possible she could be something like britney but an entirely different package at the same time.Β 

These girls are fueled by the tween energy that made britney a huge star. I remember being told by my parents and cousins that she would never be the new Janet or Madonna orΒ  x y z .Β 

Β 

The britney of our time and the " britney of this generation" really are nostalgic acts. A reminder of that Era pushing boundaries and growing with their audience. I don't think doja has that star power yet though, personally. She has to work harder imo.Β 

• Like 1

Doja is such her own thing. She's not really the "next" anybody. She's the next her and that's on period:ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:
Obviously my girl SZA was trying to gass her up and encourage her and meant no harm. She's literally paying respect to Britney's legacy by acknowledging her unique global impact, so how yall pressed about that? Oh right. This is exact type of catty behavior I've seen on this site for literally a decade + um chile anyway so:juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

She just said she's gonna be a global superstar. I don't think she said like she was gonna be a Britney type of popstar. Frankly, Doja is similar to Azealia Banks in a creativity level BUT Doja is not a problematic person (so far), so she definitely can get big. Times are different now and each artist has a different story, for those who say Britney got huge since her debut, yes, she did, so what? Madonna didn't get that big until 'Like A Virgin' and she eventually got the tittle: queen of pop.Β :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

• Love 2