This Day in Pop: 'The Circus Starring Britney Spears' tour kicks off in 2009 (March 03)

7 minutes ago, FeedTheStans said:

The setlist has always confused me, why did she not perform more songs from Circus?

She never did a Blackout tour so she wanted to give them some love too. Also let’s face it, Circus doesn’t have the best material to work with lol

I thought it was a good tour. Not her best. But I just can’t seem to enjoy anything after Circus like I enjoy her earlier work simply because I feel like she was just rushed way too fast to get back into work, and it looked like she wasn’t completely enjoying it and giving 100% on stage. Also moments like this didn’t help 

s4ykh0.gif

britfail_by_samfiss-d4tuzd6.gif&key=19d5

• Haha 1

Such a great tour. Loved the concept, the performances and the costumes were some of Britney's best. The intro performance was ICONIC. My only disappointment was the fact that there was barely any Circus songs on the setlist. I would have loved to have seen her perform Kill the Lights, Shattered Glass and Unusual You! Oh and I wish I went :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

2 hours ago, kleinbritney said:

Britney was "shopping" in Berlin at that time. Her "favorite piece" was a pink striped blouse, which was reduced to 9.95 euros. Britney left her blouse on right away. Other stars wouldn't buy anything for 10 euros

2j4yz9go.jpg

I've never seen this! They look like a normal group of people socializing 

• Love 1

This is her best tour production wise, along with DWAD. The concept, everything was pretty much on point. My favorite performance was 'Piece Of Me' with the cage. That's what I call creativity and originality, not the same old *Xtina's hating voice* (dancers in the back). :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

The only thing missing here was her dancing skills. :neydedance_purple:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Never forget that time her playback failed during Everytime and she was forced to sing live and basically said "**** it" the rest of the tour and sang it live at the rest of her shows lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxZEVB18pg8

I wonder how they would've handle a situation like this during POM vegas/tour?! 😆

Just skip the song? Pause the show to get the playback running? Questions questions questions 😄

So I saw the UK leg of this tour in Manchester. It was a great tour and my first time ever seeing a live tour in an arena setting, but It was my second time seeing Britney.

I first saw Britney at Disney’s MGM studios during the filming of the Disney Channel in Concert Special and that was right at the beginning of her career, BOMT era. So that was a big jump in time between that show and the Circus tour.

I had tears in my eyes when she was lowered from the ceiling at the beginning of the show. I really had thought after 2007 that she might have not even been around to tour/release another album ever again and so to see her look so well, healthy and back to performing again was a moment I’ll never forget.:kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

This tour will always hold a special place in my heart because of that.

• Love 2