This Day in Pop: 'The Circus Starring Britney Spears' tour kicks off in 2009 (March 03)

31 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

especially Ooh Ooh Baby and Hot As Ice

I still have no idea how she did that first trick. The other two are relatively easy to figure out, but the first one is mind-numbing.

Yes you can see her hand before the magician places the curtain over, but where is she hiding?

12 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I still have no idea how she did that first trick. The other two are relatively easy to figure out, but the first one is mind-numbing.

Yes you can see her hand before the magician places the curtain over, but where is she hiding?

In the bottom. It's built to look smaller then it actually is. She is laying super flat in it and needs to get out within seconds. The timing is actually more difficult then the optical illusion/hiding of the body

5 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

I thought it was a good tour. Not her best. But I just can’t seem to enjoy anything after Circus like I enjoy her earlier work simply because I feel like she was just rushed way too fast to get back into work, and it looked like she wasn’t completely enjoying it and giving 100% on stage. Also moments like this didn’t help 

s4ykh0.gif

britfail_by_samfiss-d4tuzd6.gif&key=19d5

In all fairness, the tour got better with time, by the second leg in the US, she was more into it. She killed the Aus dates too

For those who have 4 minutes to kill, this is a somewhat sarcastic "rant" I posted on Facebook back in 2009 when I was 19 after I got back from the Circus show. 

I may regret posting this, but I figured since it's the anniversary, why not? I also have met other Britney fans in person since then 😭

I remember the comparisons even then how she wasn't performing up to her previous tours, but I have nothing but nostalgia for this time now. The stage in the center was a unique concept and Britney did seem to enjoy herself performing, especially IYSA and Get Naked. It was a true comeback show

• Love 1

This NOLA show was my first ever Britney concert, I was 19. It was so amazing to be a part of that opening night, especially being a Louisiana native. You could just feel the love and electricity. I bet it was one of the loudest crowds she’s ever had! It’s a memory I’ll never ever forget!

• Love 3

I wonder why they never released a DVD version of this tour. Britney seemed so happy to be back on stage with that fire in her eyes. Whatever medications or treatment she was receiving seemed like it kept her pretty stable without turning her into a zombie, and I can only imagine if the people around her truly cared about her enough to gradually ease her restrictions where she would be right now. 

• 11 months later...

We know the context of this tour, and I know it may hurt the susceptibility of some users in here, but at the end this was the first of many proofs of Britney not deserving to be under the conservatorship. It's also the first tour a lot of fans got to attend, not to mention that many current fans got to know Britney through the Circus era.

I wish the circumstances were different, but she still delivered, even during the darkest times.