Britney perfume sales soar following the #FreeBritney documentary

SamanthaJadeFanGroup

Britney Spears perfume sales soar following the #FreeBritney documentary
Following the release of the controversial documentary Framing Britney Spears, sales of the pop icon’s perfumes have jumped by 155 percent

Considered the original pop star celebrity fragrances, sales of Britney Spears’ perfumes have sky-rocketed in the past month, as a result of a new wave of support following the New York Times documentary Framing Britney Spears. 

Since the US premier of the show on February 5th, online retailer Fragrance Direct has seen a notable increase of sales from the Britney line with an average year on year uplift of 155 percent for the five best selling Britney fragrances.

Created in partnership with Revlon-owned Elizabeth Arden, the perfumes have always proved popular. Fantasy, Curious and Believe are among consistent best-sellers for celebrity perfumes - especially as most of them sit under the £20 price bracket - but the sales have been unexpectedly high so far this year. 

“We’ve definitely had a surge of interest in Britney Spears fragrances this month, with five of her most iconic scents peaking in sales,” says Mia Gardner from Fragrance Direct. “Scents from the Fantasy collection have been amongst our best sellers, seeing an uplift of up to 335 percent in comparison to February 2019.

“We have also seen a 48 percent sales increase for the fragrance, Believe, which could be a sign that fans are showing their support to Britney, after watching the new documentary.”

The documentary offers insight into the star’s troubling rise to fame, and the controversy surrounding being placed under her father’s conservatorship in 2008. Within a month, it has become the most watched Sky documentary in history. Kickstarted by fans on social media in 2019, the #FreeBritney movement is calling for the pop star to be released from her father’s conservatorship.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/beauty/news/britney-spears-perfume-sales-soar-following-freebritney-documentary/?utm_content=telegraph&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1614271172

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most interesting part:

Since the US premier of the show on February 5th, online retailer Fragrance Direct has seen a notable increase of sales from the Britney line with an average year on year uplift of 155 percent for the five best selling Britney fragrances.

Created in partnership with Revlon-owned Elizabeth Arden, the perfumes have always proved popular. Fantasy, Curious and Believe are among consistent best-sellers for celebrity perfumes - especially as most of them sit under the £20 price bracket - but the sales have been unexpectedly high so far this year. 

“We’ve definitely had a surge of interest in Britney Spears fragrances this month, with five of her most iconic scents peaking in sales,” says Mia Gardner from Fragrance Direct. “Scents from the Fantasy collection have been amongst our best sellers, seeing an uplift of up to 335 percent in comparison to February 2019.

“We have also seen a 48 percent sales increase for the fragrance, Believe, which could be a sign that fans are showing their support to Britney, after watching the new documentary.”

4 minutes ago, Martian_M00d said:

Straight to Jamie's pocket :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

With Bessemer involved I feel more comfortable with everything being overseen and i'd rather hear she's making money than her money only just being drained.

I doubt Jamie & Co will be stupid enough to do anything with Bessemer involved after stealing hundreds of millions already! 

5 minutes ago, Slayer said:

With Bessemer involved I feel more comfortable with everything being overseen and i'd rather hear she's making money than her money only just being drained.

I doubt Jamie & Co will be stupid enough to do anything with Bessemer involved after stealing hundreds of millions already! 

Agree. But he still is getting his cut. Ughhh. So complicated. 

Can Sam petition for his removal ffs. Britney has that right,and we have no use of his "hints" at court.

Archived