Britney's total assets were worth $2.8 million in 2008 but she also paid millions in 2008 legal fees???

zxcvb

This seems contradictory...

Before her Circus Tour ever started in 2009, she was already paying millions of dollars in legal fees...

Britney Spears’ Legal Fees: $2.7 Million and Counting Since Father Seized Control

"According to the Los Angeles Times, since Jamie Spears’ seized control of his daughter’s affairs with a legal conservatorship last year, the family has spent roughly $2.7 million in legal fees. In the months since she was deemed unfit to run her own finances, Spears and her father have rifled through 17 lawyers and law firms while racking up a sizable tab."

"The $2.7 million in fees was just from the first 11 months of the conservatorship, so that tally doesn’t even include the time spent in a courtroom banning those three men from Britney’s life. Spears also spent cash on her divorce and custody settlement, a trial for her driving-without-a-license charge and a handful of civil suits."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/britney-spears-legal-fees-2-7-million-and-counting-since-father-seized-control-247487/

We obviously know what Adam Streisand has said about her finances in 2008...

"Streisand, who said he was referred to the singer by her custody lawyers at Trope and Trope, had also questioned the expertise of court-appointed co-conservator Andrew Wallet, claiming that he didn't have the expertise to handle the estate or the trust, given that Britney's estate is worth $40 million, encompasses 15 separate entities and is in the middle of a $17 million audit."

https://www.mtv.com/news/1580917/britney-spears-lawyer-ejected-from-courtroom-after-judge-doesnt-recognize-him-as-her-counsel/

And this other article from that period seems relevant...

"BRITNEY SPEARS HAS BEEN ROBBED, HER SELF-PROCLAIMED LAWYER INSISTS"

https://www.mtv.com/news/1582277/britney-spears-has-been-robbed-her-self-proclaimed-lawyer-insists/

Does anyone have an explanation for such divergent numbers???

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't she own a house in 2008 that was worth way more then 2.8 millions ? Didn't she have few more properties as well ?

As well as multiple vehicles etc. And wasn't it reported she was earning up to 800k a month without even working in 2006/07 from royalties alone ?

And couldn't that great conservatorship team trace whoever was burning her money. Because all Britney did was wonder around LA,showing in Target and gas stations.

Because it’s all ******* lies it make no sense! 

During this time Britney was not broke at all, she was still receiving tons of royalties andddddd she received checks for all the gossip tabloids too!

also

if Britney ******* Spears wants to spend all her money she ******* even if her net worth was 2 million it still doesn’t mean she needs a conservatorship. That’s actually pretty well for the Average American lol. I doubt I will ever see 2 million....

I hate how when it comes to Britney everyone views her like she isn’t a normal person, they just see her as a machine, race horse, and that she can’t be treated like the average person simply because she’s been famous/ performing her entire life, so they act like that’s all she knows how to do

Ugh

2 million dollars is not a small amount of money!

37 minutes ago, phareezy said:

Is it bad that I have seriously considered it thanks to Britney's case? :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad: seeing Vivian on tv this morning made me realize any old idiot can do it so I'm certainly qualified.

Hey hey, we're not all idiots! (Lawyers that is :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:) Vivian is definitely the type that makes the profession look bad though. Most attorneys I work with realize they have a job to do but are able to do so with civility and respect. Then there are others who make life difficult for no other reason than they can, which seems to be the category Vivian falls into.

If she answered a judge's questions the way she answered them in the interview today, she would get the kind of verbal beatdown that is so satisfying to watch when someone is clearly full of it. She was evasive, repeated her talking points without actually answering the questions asked, and skirted over explaining any relevant issue that conflicted with the narrative she is trying to push. She's a clown.

24 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Hey hey, we're not all idiots! (Lawyers that is :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:) Vivian is definitely the type that makes the profession look bad though. Most attorneys I work with realize they have a job to do but are able to do so with civility and respect. Then there are others who make life difficult for no other reason than they can, which seems to be the category Vivian falls into.

If she answered a judge's questions the way she answered them in the interview today, she would get the kind of verbal beatdown that is so satisfying to watch when someone is clearly full of it. She was evasive, repeated her talking points without actually answering the questions asked, and skirted over explaining any relevant issue that conflicted with the narrative she is trying to push. She's a clown.

Present parties excluded of course. People like Vivian make me sick. She just seems like scum.

So basically, Vivian just confirmed exactly what Michael Sands — the PR guy for Sam Lutfi and lawyer Jon Eardley — have said since the beginning. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

The plot thickens. 

So here's a question...

Who hired Britney's former business manager Howard Grossman? And on what date did they hire him? 

Was he a Britney hire, or a Bryan hire?

This is information I need to know. :sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:

12 minutes ago, FraFromThe90's said:

Come on, the numbers they are giving about 2008 are totally false, even if she bought an island she would have been still rich

Even Lindsay's net worth was 1.2 mlion in 2012 and she was broke back then. She only owned her mums house in New York and that's it. 

So its impossible for Britney net worth to be that little. Despite everything that happened in 2007. Lindsay had 10x more legal problems than Britney did. And had way less money to begin with.

35 minutes ago, Easy There said:

Even Lindsay's net worth was 1.2 mlion in 2012 and she was broke back then. She only owned her mums house in New York and that's it. 

So its impossible for Britney net worth to be that little. Despite everything that happened in 2007. Lindsay had 10x more legal problems than Britney did. And had way less money to begin with.

Lindsay never owned Dinas home in Merrick. Dina owned it until the bank finally repossessed it this year. She’s been in foreclosure on it for a decade. I live a few blocks away and went to school with Michael. Lindsay helped bail her out of foreclosure 2 times by paying the minimum legally allowed to keep Dina in the home. From what I was also told Lindsay finally put her foot down and stopped paying her moms debt. 

16 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

Lindsay never owned Dinas home in Merrick. Dina owned it until the bank finally repossessed it this year. She’s been in foreclosure on it for a decade. I live a few blocks away and went to school with Michael. Lindsay helped bail her out of foreclosure 2 times by paying the minimum legally allowed to keep Dina in the home. From what I was also told Lindsay finally put her foot down and stopped paying her moms debt. 

Ok cool. I always assumed she bought/paid her mums house. But I might have confused that with bail out informations.

Archived