Britney Spears' cousin Alli Sims says in 2009 interview Britney was afraid of losing control of her life

1 hour ago, britneyluv said:

Agree. I don't think people remember how toxic Alli was for Britney. IMO she was just as bad as Sam (Lutfi). Alli seemed to LOVE the attention that came with being Britney's "cousin", even though she had never been seen publicly with Britney until her meltdown. Alli seemed like nothing more than a hanger-on who used Britney to get her name out there and start a music career (how'd that work out for ya Alli?) 

Alli, Sam, Adnan - these were the vultures that contributed to Britney being placed in the conservatorship. The media definitely went after Britney back then, but the people surrounding her didn't help either. The only people Britney felt she could trust were the ones who shamelessly put her in harmful situations to their own fame-w*orish benefit because everybody else who actually cared about her probably were pushed away when they tried to help her.

If Alli truly cared about Britney, I really think Britney would have cut her out when she was going through everything, because it seemed like Britney was so burnt out that she only wanted people around her who would cater to what she wanted and enable any behavior that could have gotten her in trouble. Did Alli try to get Britney to stay home when she knew the media would have a free-for-all every time Britney stepped out to a paparazzi hotspot? I highly doubt it, especially since in every picture of the two of them out on the town, Alli had the most gleeful smile on her face despite knowing Britney was in pain and looking for any way to make herself feel better, whether it was healthy/beneficial for Britney or not.

What's next, an interview with Lutfi about how he fed her medications because it was in her best interest? Alli's not as naive as people think, especially the younger Britney fans who were too young to witness the 2007 disaster as it was happening in real time. 

It’s so frustrating to read how many people are painting alli as a good guy because of what she said about Jamie recently. This girl did just as much for Britney as Sam and Adnan. Enabling her and being a fake ****ty friend. I wish I could rmeneber all of 2007 but unfortunately I can’t, but these people contribute to the reason why so many of us were concerned that we’d find Britney dead  during those times.

• Like 2

Its so weird because i really remember how we all felt that alli was a user and enabler. Now i wonder if it was that way because its what media wanted us to belive? I mean, is not like i saw her doing any harm to britney, in fact this is the very first time i hear her talking. 

Yes, we thought she was using britney to start her own career but she never really talked tl cameras or did anything 4 her career?

Everything is so sketchy. She defends britney a lot here and thats cool but clme on britney was talking in BRITISH ACCENT randomly, the fact that she needed help is undeniable. Everyone took advantage of a vulnerable situation britney was goong through weather it was ***** or mental health

• Love 1
On 2/20/2021 at 11:25 AM, BritneyLover said:

Everything is so sketchy. She defends britney a lot here and thats cool but clme on britney was talking in BRITISH ACCENT randomly, the fact that she needed help is undeniable. Everyone took advantage of a vulnerable situation britney was goong through weather it was ***** or mental health

i would go crazy too, without any security and body guards and this leech controlling me...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, britneyluv said:

Alli, Sam, Adnan - these were the vultures that contributed to Britney being placed in the conservatorship. The media definitely went after Britney back then, but the people surrounding her didn't help either. The only people Britney felt she could trust were the ones who shamelessly put her in harmful situations to their own fame-w*orish benefit because everybody else who actually cared about her probably were pushed away when they tried to help her.

If Alli truly cared about Britney, I really think Britney would have cut her out when she was going through everything, because it seemed like Britney was so burnt out that she only wanted people around her who would cater to what she wanted and enable any behavior that could have gotten her in trouble. Did Alli try to get Britney to stay home when she knew the media would have a free-for-all every time Britney stepped out to a paparazzi hotspot? I highly doubt it, especially since in every picture of the two of them out on the town, Alli had the most gleeful smile on her face despite knowing Britney was in pain and looking for any way to make herself feel better, whether it was healthy/beneficial for Britney or not.

I think it's not fair to put Alli on a par with Sam and Adnan, she never threw Britney under the bus, unlike these two "gentlemen ".

And being locked up, even if in a luxury home, is still torture, they were young...

Also, the media at that time deliberately greatly exaggerated everything about Britney, so now I doubt that Alli was as bad as she was portrayed in the media.

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Oops2000 said:

we need to sgare this interview with britneys former nanny (2007)...needs to be incuded in the documentary. also sam lufti called himself a "life coach" ??? makes me think he has indeed connections to the "go to the light and see jesus" lady ;)

spread the video!

Wow this is scary and telling. 

T4p

• Love 2
12 hours ago, reVolution said:

I complete disagree with the part of her making sure Britney didn't get out of home, come on! She was 25, that's what young people do, and it wasn't even anything bad, it's what she says, the mayhem of the paparazzi played a big issue in making thing chaotic, at 25, I would die if I couldn't even get out to get a coffee or sit for dinner, or have lunch outside on a beautiful day. It comes back to what FBS discussed, the media has been too hard on her

True, but at the same time I'm not convinced that she and Sam weren't calling the paps to create a frenzy wherever Britney went. It's one thing for her to grab coffee or go to dinner, but she and Alli were going out every night to all the clubs and hotspots where paparazzi were waiting to inevitably catch Britney in some kind of compromising position.

I'm also not saying she didn't have the right to go out if she wanted, especially since nobody called out K-Fed for doing it while Britney sat at home for 2 years being pregnant and raising her kids, but Alli was well aware of the lion's den Britney was walking into when she went out night after night after night to all the places where she knew paparazzi would be. 

Wait, so WHY has Ali received so much flack on here over the years?

She was very supportive and concise, speaking from the heart in this interview. She didn’t skirt around anything and was truly so down to earth with her responses.

I agree with others saying that it really felt like how Britney would have calmly answered those questions too - very For The Record, but expanded. 

17 hours ago, iluvaussies said:

In case anyone is actually curious - I read about 2 dozen different obituaries and genealogy sites to find the exact link between Britney and Alli...

They are related through Jamie's side of the family actually.  Jamie's dad June (yes June) was married a total of 3 times to women named Emma, Ruth and Joann.  Jamie is the son of Emma.  Alli is related to both Ruth and Joann.  She is the granddaughter of Ruth's sister Margaret who was later married to Joann's brother Arlen.  

Anyway... That's an hour of my life I will never get back.

Thanks for looking into it! 

I'm so confused haha - is she actually related to Jamie's side by blood? 

On 2/19/2021 at 3:35 PM, rancey said:

I always got a weird vibe...living off her, getting to buy clothes with her & not working to get rid of these awful people in her life at the time. Seems off...then immediately after trying to take off with a solo music career seemed opportunistic.

She also mentioned being in New York doing something with Us Weekly while Britney was going to the hospital...like, why would she be talking to Us Weekly? Was she making a buck off Britney when she needed her most? 

Idk, just my perception.

She seems like a air head and she keeps talking about herself in this interview! She’s older than Britney! She did not help Britney! I remember her when they went to the courthouse to have a custody hearing about the boys with kfed! They had a lot of paps & they drove off! Any normal person would had got a bodyguard and went in! But they just drove off! All she was there for was partying, *****, and making her a celebrity! She was there at the vmas could told her not to wear that outfit but no! She was always dressed up and Brit looked half assed! If she was her assistant, cousin, or friend she sucked! They wasn’t that young! She was the problem Brit. She didn’t say we need to stay home to get custody of the kids! I blame Alli