Britney Spears' cousin Alli Sims says in 2009 interview Britney was afraid of losing control of her life

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It looks like Access Hollywood just uploaded this in the past 24 hours. Wow.

I bet they had no idea when they recorded it in 2009 that the situation would still be continuing 12 years later.

I wonder what other similar interviews are floating around out there?

Someone posted a few interviews with Leah Frand from years ago (Britney's nanny for part of '07). She also debunked a few misconceptions about Britney's behaviour etc. I had never seen these interviews before. 

• Like 4

She does come across super sincere in this interview, but I have such a hard time separating her from Sam Lufti. Maybe she was good for Britney, but if she was, why don't we ever see her with Lynn or Jamie Lynn?

Also, one of the comments from 11 years ago on her Driving Blind video (which I had never heard until now) said the following which makes me think this interview must have been released in at least some capacity back in the day:

Alli sim's said it was a song for britney in an interview about her and her friendship and how she misses it since jaime kicked her out of britney's life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGTbtWx2vW8&lc=UgwZPCRVabp1WX5apsh4AaABAg&ab_channel=FernandoAbdíasDurán

4 hours ago, jj_boha said:

We need to stop giving her and Sam attention

Agree. I don't think people remember how toxic Alli was for Britney. IMO she was just as bad as Sam (Lutfi). Alli seemed to LOVE the attention that came with being Britney's "cousin", even though she had never been seen publicly with Britney until her meltdown. Alli seemed like nothing more than a hanger-on who used Britney to get her name out there and start a music career (how'd that work out for ya Alli?) 

Alli, Sam, Adnan - these were the vultures that contributed to Britney being placed in the conservatorship. The media definitely went after Britney back then, but the people surrounding her didn't help either. The only people Britney felt she could trust were the ones who shamelessly put her in harmful situations to their own fame-w*orish benefit because everybody else who actually cared about her probably were pushed away when they tried to help her.

If Alli truly cared about Britney, I really think Britney would have cut her out when she was going through everything, because it seemed like Britney was so burnt out that she only wanted people around her who would cater to what she wanted and enable any behavior that could have gotten her in trouble. Did Alli try to get Britney to stay home when she knew the media would have a free-for-all every time Britney stepped out to a paparazzi hotspot? I highly doubt it, especially since in every picture of the two of them out on the town, Alli had the most gleeful smile on her face despite knowing Britney was in pain and looking for any way to make herself feel better, whether it was healthy/beneficial for Britney or not.

What's next, an interview with Lutfi about how he fed her medications because it was in her best interest? Alli's not as naive as people think, especially the younger Britney fans who were too young to witness the 2007 disaster as it was happening in real time. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, britneyluv said:

Agree. I don't think people remember how toxic Alli was for Britney. IMO she was just as bad as Sam (Lutfi). Alli seemed to LOVE the attention that came with being Britney's "cousin", even though she had never been seen publicly with Britney until her meltdown. Alli seemed like nothing more than a hanger-on who used Britney to get her name out there and start a music career (how'd that work out for ya Alli?) 

Alli, Sam, Adnan - these were the vultures that contributed to Britney being placed in the conservatorship. The media definitely went after Britney back then, but the people surrounding her didn't help either. The only people Britney felt she could trust were the ones who shamelessly put her in harmful situations to their own fame-w*orish benefit because everybody else who actually cared about her probably were pushed away when they tried to help her.

If Alli truly cared about Britney, I really think Britney would have cut her out when she was going through everything, because it seemed like Britney was so burnt out that she only wanted people around her who would cater to what she wanted and enable any behavior that could have gotten her in trouble. Did Alli try to get Britney to stay home when she knew the media would have a free-for-all every time Britney stepped out to a paparazzi hotspot? I highly doubt it, especially since in every picture of the two of them out on the town, Alli had the most gleeful smile on her face despite knowing Britney was in pain and looking for any way to make herself feel better, whether it was healthy/beneficial for Britney or not.

What's next, an interview with Lutfi about how he fed her medications because it was in her best interest? Alli's not as naive as people think, especially the younger Britney fans who were too young to witness the 2007 disaster as it was happening in real time. 

And after Ali´s and Britney´s friendship,Ali attend a TV show were another young,rich women was looking for a friend.But there are some people who say that Ali is not gold digger,she had her own job and money.I don´t know what to belive.:4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

1 hour ago, britneyluv said:

I complete disagree with the part of her making sure Britney didn't get out of home, come on! She was 25, that's what young people do, and it wasn't even anything bad, it's what she says, the mayhem of the paparazzi played a big issue in making thing chaotic, at 25, I would die if I couldn't even get out to get a coffee or sit for dinner, or have lunch outside on a beautiful day. It comes back to what FBS discussed, the media has been too hard on her

• Like 3
3 hours ago, iluvaussies said:

In case anyone is actually curious - I read about 2 dozen different obituaries and genealogy sites to find the exact link between Britney and Alli...

They are related through Jamie's side of the family actually.  Jamie's dad June (yes June) was married a total of 3 times to women named Emma, Ruth and Joann.  Jamie is the son of Emma.  Alli is related to both Ruth and Joann.  She is the granddaughter of Ruth's sister Margaret who was later married to Joann's brother Arlen.  

Anyway... That's an hour of my life I will never get back.

:nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired: