Jonas Akerlund talks about working with Britney for the 'Hold It Against Me Music' Video

Slayer

2 hours ago, jordeezy said:

The video is supposed to be commentary on her mental health but the small details mean "nothing". Okay sis. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Well he meant there is no deeper meaning other than to exemplify Britney's internal conflict on a metaphorical level and making her appear "over the top" was just to reiterate that (and the chaos etc...). It's not as deep as we speculated (e.g., Joker from the movie etc...). 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, anakinskywalker said:

I remember rumors that Britney had a meltdown because she didn't want to do the paint scene, so they had a body double to do it for her. It was before the music video launched, and it was clear that Britney did not do that scene. I wonder if it's true :typing_keyboard_computer:

It's weird there's not one single shot showing her face in the paint sequence. I don't believe it's her. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

I love how Britney always gives so much creative input in her music videos. That's why they always stand out among the others. :) 

I don't believe him when he says there's no deeper meaning lol. There clearly is, even if subconsciously from his own mind.

But can we talk about "we were supposed to shoot on location" ????  An actual location video for that song would have been EPIC!  I wasn't a huge fan of this video because she was obviously heavily medicated up, and I wasn't a fan of the aesthetic of the studio. But otherwise, the story was cool. Also, it's interesting how she came up with ideas from the meaning of the lyrics, yet many people on Exhale believe she hates that song, which I don't believe.

17 hours ago, anakinskywalker said:

I remember rumors that Britney had a meltdown because she didn't want to do the paint scene

I believe she didn’t want to do it but I doubt she had a meltdown about it. If anything, they probably upset her by trying to force her to do it. I was disappointed she didn’t do it either at the time but now I’m glad she put her foot down and didn’t do something she wasn’t into. Not surprised the rumor came out tho because of course they’d paint her out to be crazy the second she messes with other people’s plan for her career. 
I’m not mad about the concept or how they ended up executing it, but I can see why Brit wouldn’t be up for it. There was a ton of pressure on her to look good and dance well yet they’re asking her to get all messy and aimlessly flail around in what’s supposed to be the climax of an a very choreo heavy mv. Also, when people are framing you for being crazy, it could feel like a set up to be asked to completely destroy a beautiful gown and thrash around like a lunatic. Last thing she needs is pics of her looking a wild hot mess to end up in front of judge penny. It’s also just not her vibe, she likes to look glam and move with grace when the cameras are rolling, understandable imo

• Love 1