Once Britney's father is eventually removed, DON'T FALL FOR IT...

feo

We will probably hear from 'lawyers' and other people who may seem qualified that Britney would benefit from a conservatorship of the estate under a professional conservator like Bessemer.

I am an attorney too.  I think that a conservatorship should be the ABSOLUTE last resort, and considering it is a system that has abused Britney for 13 years now I completely disagree that it should even be considered.  It would only serve to traumatize her and infantilize her further.  A judge or lawyer that actually cares for Britney's emotional/psychological well-being would strongly encourage her to look at other options.

Britney needs to be empowered to be able to make her own decisions and control her own estate as much as possible.  It doesn't mean she can't have trusts, accountants, managers etc.  But SHE needs to have the final say.  In a conservatorship Britney would still be virtually powerless because that is how that works. 

Conservatorships (even just of the estate) are clearly not made for capable people like Britney.  There are far less potentially abusive options out there to teach her and help her manage her estate.

Once James is gone I predict that we will see 'lawyers' and the like pushing for a conservatorship of the estate because it benefits the many parties that can continue to make money off of Britney (like Ingham and Bessmer, for example) and some that even want to potentially avoid liability for putting her in this thing to begin with (like Ingham).  Leaving a conservatorship of the estate because that is what Britney allegedly 'wants' would legitimize how it was forced on Britney to begin with because they will try to say it helped her in the beginning, and it is still helping her today in a more limited capacity.  Ingham himself talked about how the conservatorship was useful to Britney in the beginning in the famous 'welcomes and appreciates the informed support of her many fans' document.

Just look at all of the social media posts/videos/interviews from 2008 to even the present.  All of us, myself included, were fed this lie that Britney had a relatively normal life.  We saw her with her kids, laughing, painting, travelling etc.  She looked happy, even in the videos where she spoke herself.  Now we are learning how much control her conservators had over her.  Controlled who she talked to, when she went out, what she ate.  HORRIBLE.

Bottom line, don't believe everything you see or hear.  We may even see a video of Britney saying she 'wants' to stay in a conservatorship, even just of the estate.  But the fact is that while she is in a conservatorship (even of the estate) someone has full control of her money.  Imagine somebody had full control of all of your properties, allowances, cars, bank accounts, credit cards etc.  They could make you do and say anything. 

While Britney remains in a conservatorship we will never really be sure of what she 'wants'.  Because of that, and as Britney clearly has far too much capacity to ever legally qualify for a conservatorship, we must never stop asking questions and should keep pushing for it to end.

Don't fall for it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh they can and they will start a smear campaign against her once she's freed. I can already see the tabloids calling her crazy with all the wild stories from "insiders" and some "professionals" telling their view about her mental health (even if they have never even met her) as soon as she's free. :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

She's gonna go through it all and it's gonna be hard BUT fans needs to be very careful what to believe when she's freed. I'm pretty sure some things won't change even if she's freed. Some people just have too much power :nervousney_thinking_britney_looking_up_hands_face_clasp_ftr_for_the_record:

I've always believed Diana and Britney had parallel lives, 2 pricess wronged. And I love what she says here in this small clip, where she talks about how strong women are seen as threat. "Why is she strong" "Where does she get that strength?" "Where is she taking it?" "Where is she going to use it?"

Yes, but that is up to her. What are going to do if she says she's fine with the arrangement? I'm gonna support her in any decision she makes. I'm here for Britney and for shining light on the probate issues.

Now, requesting her father out is the simplest thing she could request; ask the court to not be tied down to her abuser. We absolutely know that this is her wish. But not the rest. The rest is up to her.

58 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Yes, but that is up to her. What are going to do if she says she's fine with the arrangement? I'm gonna support her in any decision she makes. I'm here for Britney and for shining light on the probate issues.

Now, requesting her father out is the simplest thing she could request; ask the court to not be tied down to her abuser. We absolutely know that this is her wish. But not the rest. The rest is up to her.

THIS.

Not a single one of us know how she feels about any of this.

I truly hope the fanbase does not pressure her to make quick decisions. 

The fans certainly likes to pressure her over other things. For example, the fanbase pressured her to pursue fillers and plastic surgery in 2012...and look how that turned out. 

:nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew:

I want to see the conservatorship gone as much as everyone else...But it needs to be on her schedule, not ours.

She needs agency...and she needs support...But that is all.

1 hour ago, Applejack said:

:britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh: I mean, if she comes out and explains to people that she needs this, and wants it, then I'll support it. But like OP said, conservatorship truly is the last resort when NOTHING else works. There's so much alternatives for it and most of them doesn't allow this type of abuse and none of them were even tried when this whole arrangement was first thought about. Not once has SHE publicly stated that she wants to be in conservatorship and not once I have felt like it was truly necessary but some media keep continuously convicting people that she's crazy bEcAuSe ShE ShAvEd HeR HeAd aNd SmAsHeD PapArAzZi's CaR and needs to be in conservatorship instead of like you know, going to therapy for example :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

2 hours ago, Applejack said:

How would we know what her true wishes are?

"It's up to her", "her decisions", "her wish"... You make it sound so easy. If it were that easy, her father would have never become her conservator in the first place. 

37 minutes ago, Catalin said:

"It's up to her", "her decisions", "her wish"... You make it sound so easy. If it were that easy, her father would have never become her conservator in the first place. 

Because "up to her", "decisions", "wishes" really are the things the probate court should have considered since February 1st 2008 but it's only starting to hear them now. Those things should have been happening already. She needs to break down Jamie's legal resources so she gets a chance to be heard at court. Her dad would have never become her conservator if her case wasn't rigged against her -- that's starting to fade away now.

The wishes of the conservatee must be heard -- I've read this over and over again when reading probate lawyers' texts.

And, in the end, we're fighting for her decision power and for disabled people's decision power.

Of course this arragement is a sham, of course she doesn't belong in a conservatorship meant for people with Alzheimer's, but anything else other than taking out her abuser is just thinking too ahead. We do not have resources to think ahead of us. Are we even sure she'll be able to get rid of her dad? Are we sure of how she feels about the rest of her family (Lynne, Jamie Lynn, Bryan)?

We just need to be sharp to not fall into a trap.

1 hour ago, Stannedforever said:

:britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh: I mean, if she comes out and explains to people that she needs this, and wants it, then I'll support it. But like OP said, conservatorship truly is the last resort when NOTHING else works. There's so much alternatives for it and most of them doesn't allow this type of abuse and none of them were even tried when this whole arrangement was first thought about. Not once has SHE publicly stated that she wants to be in conservatorship and not once I have felt like it was truly necessary but some media keep continuously convicting people that she's crazy bEcAuSe ShE ShAvEd HeR HeAd aNd SmAsHeD PapArAzZi's CaR and needs to be in conservatorship instead of like you know, going to therapy for example :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Right. I just personally want her away from her father's control as soon as possible. I don't know y'all.

47 minutes ago, Catalin said:

Exactly what @Catalin says is true.  I completely see where @Applejack and @steelmagnolia are coming from.

In a perfect world I would love to believe that everything we are told Britney 'wants' is what she actually wants.  And I would love to be able to see or hear her say it in a video and take it as fact.  Unfortunately that is not how things are or how simple life is. 

The fact of the matter is that while Britney is in a conservatorship we will NEVER be able to trust that the things she is saying (even in a video) are an expression of her true desires. 

Some examples off the top of my head:

-I think we all remember her 'all is well' video telling fans not to worry (when later we found out she was institutionalized against her will).  Britney reportedly later confirmed that to the judge in person.  As we all know, Ingham also later filed a document confirming Britney wanted her father out and invited public scrutiny.  Therefore the 'all is well' video where she seemed to tell fans that nothing was wrong and asked for privacy privacy was seemingly not at all what she really wanted.

-All the "In the Zone" debacle videos and posts.  In her instagram videos and posts Britney promoted the garbage "In the Zone" Lou Taylor cash grab, and if I remember correctly told us in a video that she was 'excited' about it .  In a later video she told us she could not attend because she had hurt her foot.  We later learned through court filings that she actually refused to attend or participate in that project at all in protest.

-All the social media posts/videos from 2008 to even the present.  All of us, myself included, were fed this lie that Britney had a pretty normal life.  We saw her with her kids, laughing, painting, travelling etc.  She looked happy.  Now we are learning how much control her conservators had over her.  Controlled who she spoke to, when she went out, what she ate.  HORRIBLE.

Bottom line, don't believe everything you see or hear.  We may even see a video of Britney saying she 'wants' to stay in a conservatorship, even just of the estate.  But the fact is that while she is in a conservatorship (even of the estate) someone has full control of her money.  Imagine somebody had full control of all of your properties, allowances, cars, bank accounts, credit cards etc.  They could make you do and say anything. 

While Britney remains in a conservatorship we will never really be sure of what she 'wants'.  Because of that, and as Britney clearly has far too much capacity to ever legally qualify for a conservatorship, we must never stop asking questions and should keep pushing for it to end.

15 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Because "up to her", "decisions", "wishes" really are the things the probate court should have considered since February 1st 2008 but it's only starting to hear them now. Those things should have been happening already. She needs to break down Jamie's legal resources so she gets a chance to be heard at court. Her dad would have never become her conservator if her case wasn't rigged against her -- that's starting to fade away now.

The wishes of the conservatee must be heard -- I've read this over and over again when reading probate lawyers' texts.

And, in the end, we're fighting for her decision power and for disabled people's decision power.

Of course this arragement is a sham, of course she doesn't belong in a conservatorship meant for people with Alzheimer's, but anything else other than taking out her abuser is just thinking too ahead. We do not have resources to think ahead of us. Are we even sure she'll be able to get rid of her dad? Are we sure of how she feels about the rest of her family (Lynne, Jamie Lynn, Bryan)?

We just need to be sharp to not fall into a trap.

We don't need resources to think ahead.  We just need to use our brains.  Think of all the people here trying to avoid liability: James Spears, Andrew Wallet, Lou Taylor, Sam Ingham, Reva Goetz, the doctors etc. You just need to put yourself in their shoes and think what plans or story would one or more of them will try to cook up to avoid jail time / lawsuits. 

One of those is the idea of Britney staying in a conservatorship (even just for the estate), which is something we already see some accounts and other people strangely bringing up.  We have to wonder why and anticipate these things so that we are prepared for them and not surprised.  That is how we can be best prepared for the battles ahead and avoid falling into traps.

1 minute ago, feo said:

Exactly what @Catalin says is true.  I completely see where @Applejack and @steelmagnolia are coming from.

In a perfect world I would love to believe that everything we are told Britney 'wants' is what she actually wants.  And I would love to be able to see or hear her say it in a video and take it as fact.  Unfortunately that is not how things are or how simple life is. 

The fact of the matter is that while Britney is in a conservatorship we will NEVER be able to trust that the things she is saying (even in a video) are an expression of her true desires. 

Some examples off the top of my head:

-I think we all remember her 'all is well' video telling fans not to worry (when later we found out she was institutionalized against her will).  Britney reportedly later confirmed that to the judge in person.  As we all know, Ingham also later filed a document confirming Britney wanted her father out and invited public scrutiny.  Therefore the 'all is well' video where she seemed to tell fans that nothing was wrong and asked for privacy privacy was seemingly not at all what she really wanted.

-All the "In the Zone" debacle videos and posts.  In her instagram videos and posts Britney promoted the garbage "In the Zone" Lou Taylor cash grab, and if I remember correctly told us in a video that she was 'excited' about it .  In a later video she told us she could not attend because she had hurt her foot.  We later learned through court filings that she actually refused to attend or participate in that project at all in protest.

-All the social posts/videos from 2008 to even the present.  All of us, myself included, were fed this lie that Britney had a normal life.  We saw her with kids, laughing, painting, travelling etc.  She looked happy.  Now we are learning how much control her conservators had over her.  Controlled who she spoke to, when she went out, what she ate.  HORRIBLE.

There's no reason to still be taking cues from curated social media posts.

They're curated by her teams. Never take those seriously, at least in a legal manner. 

Legal statements are not curated by a third party (other than your lawyer). And they're directly contradicting Jamie's team now. "Britney appreciates the informed support of her fans," Lynne's lawyers are backing up Britney's lawyer and saying **** about Jamie. I don't know what else that would be other than Britney's actual desires poking through the cracks.

Just now, Applejack said:

There's no reason to still be taking cues from curated social media posts.

They're curated by her teams. Never take those seriously, at least in a legal manner. 

Legal statements are not curated by a third party (other than your lawyer). And they're directly contradicting Jamie's team now. "Britney appreciates the informed support of her fans," Lynne's lawyers are backing up Britney's lawyer and saying **** about Jamie. I don't know what else that would be other than Britney's actual desires poking through the cracks.

I agree that some of those statements 'likely' align with what Britney would want, but in that same document you mentioned Ingham also pretty much justified the conservatorship by essentially saying it helped Britney get back on track.  That implies it was a good thing and was necessary.  I very much doubt that Britney would agree with that now, and even back in 2008 (as 'For the Record' revealed). 

You have to remember that Britney right now is even under the full control of Sam Ingham as he is the only lawyer that can represent her.  Don't take what Ingham says as equivalent to what Britney would want.  Sometimes it will be, but NOT always and we have to remain skeptical if we want to protect her.  I know, it sucks to have your guard up constantly but that is litigation for ya.

5 minutes ago, feo said:

We don't need resources to think ahead.  We just need to use our brains.  Think of all the people here trying to avoid liability: James Spears, Andrew Wallet, Lou Taylor, Sam Ingham, Reva Goetz, the doctors etc. You just need to put yourself in their shoes and think what plans or story would one or more of them will try to cook up to avoid jail time / lawsuits. 

One of those is the idea of Britney staying in a conservatorship (even just for the estate), which is something we already see some accounts and other people strangely bringing up.  We have to wonder why and anticipate these things so that we are prepared for them and not surprised.  That is how we can be best prepared for the battles ahead.

They can't really avoid jail time/lawsuits (IF a wrong was done). The keyword again is Britney's wishes, once Jamie is out and a full audit is done.

Really, anticipating that it's gonna take a lot of time to do away with the cship (not really anticipating, because it is so), with the possibility of the estate cship being on, is not an inside job or something. It's just pondering reality. It's like Vivian said, she has never seen someone terminate a cship. What makes you think it's gonna be this easy for Britney?

Archived