Sarah Silverman blames MTV and refuses to apologize for making jokes about Britney's kids and her lady parts right after her 2007 VMAs performance

I remember this so vividly. It was right after Britney’s performance and I agree with what most are saying.

I understand that it was a different time but all Sarah Silverman needs to say is “it was a different time. MTV asked me to do it. I’m sorry”

Don’t even get me started with MTV though. They ROYALLY ****ed Britney over that year and they loved it. Such trash.

I love ruthless comedy and roasts. But from my understanding, roasts are done in front of the person and with their authorization to go beyond limits. The point is to laugh at yourself too. 

MTV hired her, but SHE wrote it and it was disgusting. And I'm glad we know where she stands. Time has changed, but she has not.  :trash_throw_away_recycle:

• Like 1
On 2/8/2021 at 1:04 PM, Hypnotherapy said:

Agree.

Also this Twitter think is literally just looking for some clout. I haven’t even seen that clip before, so no need to resurface it. 
Yes it was personally jokes and crappy jokes but she was paid to do a roast. She knows her kids aren’t mistakes- that’s literally the point of a roast. MTV should not have scheduled a roast of someone who was so clearly on a downward spiral- that’s how it becomes more bullying than roast. 

I don’t think if you get payed to roast you have the right of insulting and humiliating a young woman to be funny. And she cannot blame on mtv for what she said. She could do her sketck, provoking a bit but that was way too much

2 hours ago, Rcity said:

I don’t think if you get payed to roast you have the right of insulting and humiliating a young woman to be funny. And she cannot blame on mtv for what she said. She could do her sketck, provoking a bit but that was way too much

I know, you’re totally right, she was horrible. And definitely think she should acknowledge retrospectively it was wrong.

But I do think she had a job and did it- and like all roasts it was meant to be funny- people now only see just how lost and troubled Britney was unfortunately.

On 2/8/2021 at 11:23 AM, Frankie8 said:

MTV really did Britney dirty, too. They knew she wasn't ready, they changed the show sign outside to VMA Starring Britney Spears to really put the focus on her, and now they actually tell someone to roast Britney.

Guess the skit and opening their 2008 VMA show was their "apology"

Lol everything is someone elses fault when it comes to her

9 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Of course Sarah is at fault for the horrible things she said off Britney. I dont think you would like being called what she called Britney and her children...

yes but it was so long ago omg, are yall going to come for every person who roasted her?

Just now, exposingmediocrity said:

yes but it was so long ago omg, are yall going to come for every person who roasted her?

Obviously no, but some things cannot be left stagnant. Sarah was being offensive to the point where she was not even being funny, it was just a state of awkward-ness when she cracked those "jokes". She needs to apologize.

• Like 3

She spoke about this YEARS AGO in her book. She was prepared for Britney to come out and do amazing, as everyone did. She had never given a bad performance at that point. Her story even back when nobody cared about FreeBritney has been the same, which leads me to believe her. She made some jokes, and later found out she flopped and felt really bad about it. The jokes she made are no worse than the stuff you hear at a Comedy Central roast. People seriously need to chill. The world is seeing how ****ty things were, stop being greedy and demanding literally anyone and everyone apologize. 

4 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Karma is a beyotch. Just ask Sarah Silvermans career :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Don’t really believe in karma. If karma is a thing then Britney must have done something REALLY bad to have the best years of her life stripped away. Sarah might not be as famous, but that sounds a whole lot better than having no freedom. 

2 hours ago, MikeSim said:

She spoke about this YEARS AGO in her book. She was prepared for Britney to come out and do amazing, as everyone did. She had never given a bad performance at that point. Her story even back when nobody cared about FreeBritney has been the same, which leads me to believe her. She made some jokes, and later found out she flopped and felt really bad about it. The jokes she made are no worse than the stuff you hear at a Comedy Central roast. People seriously need to chill. The world is seeing how ****ty things were, stop being greedy and demanding literally anyone and everyone apologize. 

This :well_cookie_monster_point_blue_black: Comics are there to push the boundaries of what is okay to say and they make fun of everyone. Im freaked out what this fanbase is becoming since the doc... very nasty, salty, and vicious with victim mentalities :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

• Like 1