Sarah Silverman blames MTV and refuses to apologize for making jokes about Britney's kids and her lady parts right after her 2007 VMAs performance

9 hours ago, ela89 said:

Ok guys, this is my first time posting on the forum and english isn’t my first language so please excuse my mistakes :(

But i have an idea. Can we do a different hasthag every person seperately so it could be more effective? Like for example tonight we could try and tt #sarahsilvermanapologizetobritney or something like that. So everyone would see it and she would have to adress it again.  What do you guys think?

She HAS seen it. And she does not want to address it. Is not about forcing someone to apologise. IF she is scum and does not feel remorse, there is nothing we can do about it.

3 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

MTV really did Britney dirty, too. They knew she wasn't ready, they changed the show sign outside to VMA Starring Britney Spears to really put the focus on her, and now they actually tell someone to roast Britney.

Guess the skit and opening their 2008 VMA show was their "apology"

then maybe the producers, Jesse Ignjatovic and Chris Choun should give some sort of statement too, but at least the former was also the producer of the 08 VMA's, so maybe as you said, that was their apology

• Like 2

Gross... blaming MTV and diarrhea for her tasteless 'roast'? 

Britney's situation happened before that performance, doesn't matter how it went. She was still in a sensitive situation.  The fact she didn't even apologize and shifts the blame to the tweeter shows that she hasn't changed.  She wouldn't be where she is today without using Britney's situation for her personal gain. 

• Like 1

I forgot she talked about the ***** shot. Yeah this was pretty low, even for a roast. A roast is fine when all the parties accept the rules of a roast... This was right after a performance and when Britney was going through an obvious public struggle -- no wonder her team became so crazed about having authority over everything on live shows after this period -- doubt something like this would be OKd 

• Like 1

Roasts can be viscous, fair enough. However, was this a roast? People who attend their own roasts generally know about it in advance. They agree to go. Did Britney agree to be roasted that night? Cause I don’t think she did. And since the show wasn’t called “Comedy Central Presents the Roast of Britney Spears” I think Sarah was well aware of that fact. 

• Like 3
On 2/8/2021 at 11:04 AM, _genic said:

Is she joking? Did MTV write a script that Sarah must read? That jokes were from her and she had a choice not to shame Britney. 

What ****s me off most with this excuse is that I always thought that MTV booked britney to get NEGATIVE press for the show as a whole ‘bad press is better then none’ and her now saying MTV told her to roast britney is just further proof I was right in my gut instinct. Either way cancel both mtv has been living off britneys performances for too long and Silverman is a cnut so they can all **** off.

Free britney.