"Oops!...I Did It Again" Is Britney's Peak & Here's Why...- A Thread

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Exactly. The album is light-years ahead BOMT, since it is more mature, better-produced, composed, and a well done album and it doesnt sound weird to listen to in 2021. 

Oh nothing! I just said infamous as in like "oh did u hear that britney performed last night for the VMAs?" like that

Ah oki well infamous means that it's well-known for being bad / always has a negative connotation to it

• Love 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

This came to my mind and is really hard to beat.. this is a goddess walking on Earth.

it's 02 though. but I see 01-02 as the same era.

you mean to say beauty peak was in 00?

her ******* *** ******

edit: she has an enviable derriere

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wow, Its so fun as a young person to read stories like this of how times were before i was born, soo fascinating :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I remember seeing a comment in a youtube video talking about how they went to target in 2000 and the shelves holding the OIDIA copies were sold out, except for 1 which that commentor got. Her power back then was clearly no joke

Going to the record store and spending 30 minutes just browsing through different CD’s and being in a store dedicated to music (I remember Britney merch - calendars and posters being easy to find) was such a magical feeling. I really miss it. There are still record stores around but not as easy to find anymore.

Back then, there was no way to hear the album tracks if you didn’t own the album so choosing singles was very important.

My grandma got me ITZ in summer 2004 like almost a year after its release and I remember hearing Touch of my Hand and being so shocked that I had missed out on that song for so long. Literally did not get that it was about self pleasure until YEARS later hahaha

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

LMBOOO! :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: I always try to limit myself when writing threads like telling myself to come my self down and get my **** together and write a concise and short post, and then voila! I end up writing over 1,500 words in my post :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

i envy u:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

in school we always have word/page requirements but i end up explaining my point in like two lines lmao

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I always feel like Britney doesn’t like Oops that much. She always favours BOMT. Probably only because it was her first but she’s missed it from a few tours too. 

I’d say Britney era and OIDIA were defiantly her peak.

4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Nah. Britney herself said that she felt personally that the OIDIA album was better than the BOMT record, i think she likes this album more since it isnt so dreamy and cheesy like her debut record but yeah i agree on that last sentence

Britney allegedly didn't like Oops!...I Did It Again because she allegedly didn't get much say in what tracks were picked for the album. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:.

Let's not forget that Britney allegedly dislikes pure dance-pop music. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: