"Oops!...I Did It Again" Is Britney's Peak & Here's Why...- A Thread

1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Let's not forget that Britney allegedly dislikes pure dance-pop music. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

If that was true, then Britney wouldn’t have said that Heaven on earth which is a 70s Donna-influenced disco is her most fave track from the blackout album and wouldn’t say that Toxic (Bhangra dance-pop) is her fave song from her entire career and legacy :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

also OIDIA is dance-element teen-pop, not entirely dance-pop :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

If that was true, then Britney wouldn’t have said that Heaven on earth which is a 70s Donna-influenced disco is her most fave track from the blackout album and wouldn’t say that Toxic (Bhangra dance-pop) is her fave song from her entire career and legacy :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

also OIDIA is dance-element teen-pop, not entirely dance-pop :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Yes but whenever Britney writes a song, it's nearly always R&B, Rock, or Hip-Hop. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Plus her shelved material is usually R&B or Ballads. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Blackout is basically a modern '80s pop album, we been knew she loves '80s music. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:
Does Britney love her Femme Fatale (2011) album too? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Like where? Mars? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

South Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, The Gulf, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Ireland, Austria, Norway, Finland, Hungary, Czech Republic, and Turkey. In fact, in half of Asia and all of Europe, the OIDIA record was more successful than BOMT :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

However she isn’t composing the beats or behind the production of it :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

19 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

But the songs are written by her. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Funny because she doesn't have a single production credit on Blackout. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Also I'm pretty sure it was actually ...Baby One More Time where she selected the beats? Why would the article make mention of it right after mentioning Britney's "Oh baby, baby" adlibs. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

2 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I dont even think RS has such a list, this is a Forbes thing. She was named the most powerful celeb in the world by forbes in 2002, she made 39.2 million in 2001 alone. 

https://ew.com/article/2002/06/21/britney-named-most-powerful-celeb/ 

@Blackout2006 is kind but girl needs to attend my L.A. class about citing and finding reliable sources this afternoon. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

I think there are different peaks in Britneys timeline..

Peak in popularity/sales: I agree with you is 2000

peak in beauty: probably 2001

Peak in artistry and dance is: 2003

Peak in media interest: 2000 or 2007

Peak in tour gross: 2009

sadly all her peaks are pre-2010... :( 

Agreed.

although for beauty id say 2001, 2008 and 2016 were all peaks.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

I think there are different peaks in Britneys timeline..

Peak in popularity/sales: I agree with you is 2000

peak in beauty: probably 2001

Peak in artistry and dance is: 2003

Peak in media interest: 2000 or 2007

Peak in tour gross: 2009

sadly all her peaks are pre-2010... :( 

Her chart success peak was Femme Fatale

• Love 1