"Oops!...I Did It Again" Is Britney's Peak & Here's Why...- A Thread

3 hours ago, mercenary said:

Actually IMO, the Britney era was her peak as the worldwide superstar and a pop artist in general...... In The Zone era was Britney's peak as an artist.... 

3 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

It’s definitely the Britney era - let it go.

I mean if we are internationally speaking, wouldn't it still be OIDIA since it sold more than Britney and bagged more hits than the Britney era? :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad: The Britney era however is a very close 2nd.

2 hours ago, filmandstage13 said:

britney spears snake GIF by emibob
If what you’re saying is true and this is the type of performance an artist delivers “after her peak” then, well, that’s quite something.

Yes :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
  • 8 months later...

As much as I LOVE the Oops era and album, 2002ney and the latter end of the Britney era was her peak. She was literally everywhere and talked about on every TV station and media outlet. Her Super Bowl /Pepsi commercials, DWAD Tour, Crossroads, her music videos were in the Top 10 on TRL for months straight. She was at every major award show and on every magazine serving us new looks. Not to mention her break up with Justin was global news and only heightened her megastardom. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

As much as I LOVE the Oops era and album, 2002ney and the latter end of the Britney era was her peak. She was literally everywhere and talked about on every TV station and media outlet. Her Super Bowl /Pepsi commercials, DWAD Tour, Crossroads, her music videos were in the Top 10 on TRL for months straight. She was at every major award show and on every magazine serving us new looks. Not to mention her break up with Justin was global news and only heightened her megastardom. 

Vice Tv Truth GIF by STICK TO SPORTS

• Love 1
  • Like 2
23 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

For any other artists, an era like 'Britney' would be considered their peak, but none of thaT comes close to the magnitude of success OIDIA received :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on: In the OIDIA, her success in music and celebrity factor was both equal and made her very powerful. She outsold many albums of today within a WEEK internationally. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: So I don't see how this can't be concluded as the peak of Britneys.

• Haha 1

To me I see it as the GP would probably say In The Zone was her peak, seems like everyone loves Toxic regardless of their opinions of Britney for example. True Britney fans would probably say Blackout was her “peak” artistically. However - I like to think of it as her overall peak years were from her debut all the way through 2011/2012.  Femme Fatale had a major chart impact as well as the singles being played in clubs at the time and she was still very much huge during FF era. Then Scream & Shout the following year in 2012 extended that and she was still huge. I see 2013-present as her career lull or drop-off in huge popularity and chart success. Pretty damn good for any artist especially a pop artist. Most of them burn out after their second album it seems but not our queen ❤️

• Love 1

No disrespect.

Team Con did everything in their power to hold our QueenB back and keep her contained.

The weird IG posts I think B may see them as practical, finding her ceiling and learning to move under the new medication.

Letting us see how she blooms and learns to walk in ways she may only recently be learning thanks to Team Con.

It could very well be those first few fans to see and reach out, that showed her there was some way out in the first place.

B's quest was for the truth and given the scope of the cship, she may not understand much that its easy to believe she's aware of thanks to her IG.

We could be putting things on her shoulders, that she doesn't even understand. QueenB's been locked away and nearly isolated most if not all her life, there's tons she could be unaware of and that inexperience could make her seem mentally unstable or even brain dead.

Originally she wasn't aware she could petition out of the cship. What other basics did she not get exposed to?

3 hours ago, Mr. AmericanDream said:

I'd say Oops era is the moment we got BRITNEY. Like she finally became the total package and got the formula right on the mark and kept growing from there. I dont think its her peak at all. That's btwn Britney era & ITZ era

Exactly. Her peak was ITZ. Oops she was the biggest pop star on earth, ITZ she was the biggest celebrity on earth. Big difference 

On 2/21/2022 at 3:48 AM, Blackout2006 said:

For any other artists, an era like 'Britney' would be considered their peak, but none of thaT comes close to the magnitude of success OIDIA received :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on: In the OIDIA, her success in music and celebrity factor was both equal and made her very powerful. She outsold many albums of today within a WEEK internationally. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: So I don't see how this can't be concluded as the peak of Britneys.

OIDIA as an album was a bigger success, sure but the Britney era is where she excelled beyond pop stardom and into a bonafide superstar. I mean, to be named Forbes’ most powerful celebrity in the world basically just seals the deal. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

OIDIA as an album was a bigger success, sure but the Britney era is where she excelled beyond pop stardom and into a bonafide superstar. I mean, to be named Forbes’ most powerful celebrity in the world basically just seals the deal. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Britney's superstardom was at the peak of OIDIA-ITZ with OIDIA being a slight hairline bigger :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: