"Oops!...I Did It Again" Is Britney's Peak & Here's Why...- A Thread

5 hours ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

Peak single sales is circus. Look at the numbers.

Womanizer and circus sold more than TTWE+HIAM+IWG in numbers worldwide

HIAM her biggest opener in first week! Debye at no.1

FF her first album to have 3 top 10 hit

during FF era she had 2 number one and one after S&S.

Womanizer is biggest, but TTWE sold almost same number of copies as Circus

plus I wanna go, HISM, criminal ..all are eligible for platinum 

for the sake for arguing you can argue, but she was ruling charts during FF era. I did my research

2 hours ago, Sourab Patodi said:

HIAM her biggest opener in first week! Debye at no.1

FF her first album to have 3 top 10 hit

during FF era she had 2 number one and one after S&S.

Womanizer is biggest, but TTWE sold almost same number of copies as Circus

plus I wanna go, HISM, criminal ..all are eligible for platinum 

for the sake for arguing you can argue, but she was ruling charts during FF era. I did my research

She was for sure the queen of 2011 Billboard Hot 100 but that was only for the US right? Because lets be honest, HIAM was a #1 hit only in 5 countries, and TTWE and IWG went #1 in just 2 countries and not only that, but Femme Fatale was itself a local hit. It didn't make a splash in most regions  Criminal even though a underwhelming-song at the time was the only international hit from the era along with TTWE.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

As much as i love OIDA i think her peak was Britney.

There are 2 iconic images in pop culture from her that every person in the world knows of, one 4 the good reasons: Britney with the snake, and the other one 4... I dont know if bad but questionable reasons: bald britney.

Yes the red catsuit and bomt outfits are also well known (as many more cause she is britney *****) but britney with the snake is just a reminiscense of her dominating the world at the time. Literally having it in her hands without fear

Dream within a dream tour featured everything u think of when y think of britney. Youth, beauty, hits, full out complex choreography, ***uality and yet some innocence remained, theatrics.

She released a movie for a reason that era.

She recorded 2 videos for one song.

She was featured in austin powers.

Justin was still a thing and u know this adds to her (and their) peak

Pepsi anyone??

Oops was as the song states, she doing it again and proving she was not a one hit wonder but the THIRD time is the ream deal, its were she became an icon and the definitive princess of pop

• Love 3
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, BritneyLover said:

As much as i love OIDA i think her peak was Britney.

There are 2 iconic images in pop culture from her that every person in the world knows of, one 4 the good reasons: Britney with the snake, and the other one 4... I dont know if bad but questionable reasons: bald britney.

Yes the red catsuit and bomt outfits are also well known (as many more cause she is britney *****) but britney with the snake is just a reminiscense of her dominating the world at the time. Literally having it in her hands without fear

Dream within a dream tour featured everything u think of when y think of britney. Youth, beauty, hits, full out complex choreography, ***uality and yet some innocence remained, theatrics.

She released a movie for a reason that era.

She recorded 2 videos for one song.

She was featured in austin powers.

Justin was still a thing and u know this adds to her (and their) peak

Pepsi anyone??

Oops was as the song states, she doing it again and proving she was not a one hit wonder but the THIRD time is the ream deal, its were she became an icon and the definitive princess of pop

10 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Britney era was her peak... or 1st peak

We all know this.🙄🙄🙄🙄

Simple..She even had her movie/video game/ vma snake/super bowl appearance/ cable televised tour episode/ Pepsi/snake/ jt media frenzy -relationship 

everything else was the coming before the storm.  

200.gif?cid=31ad6aa7tmdhsy8zrh6hfers6nd3

She was more of a celebrity in the Britney era. She was crazy huge during the Britney era, but music wise, the album was pretty much not as successful as the OIDIA record, but it still was a very successful album by its own. However, it became her first album not to include a "mega-hit". S4U was a huge hit but it was far from being a mega-hit. She overall had 1 huge hit (S4U) and 1 hit (Overprotected) during this time. Nothing like the OIDIA era which had 1 mega-hit and 2 huge hits :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

She was more of a celebrity in the Britney era. She was crazy huge during the Britney era, but music wise, the album was pretty much as successful as the OIDIA record, but it became her first album not to include a "mega-hit". S4U was a huge hit but it was far from being a mega-hit. She overall had 1 huge hit (S4U) and 1 hit (Overprotected) during this time. Nothing like the OIDIA era which had 1 mega-hit and 2 huge hits :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Lololol We did this already last week Lmaooo 

She was bigger in everythinggggg but let’s not forget that radio ban isn’t the reason those singles nvr charted!

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Lololol We did this already last week Lmaooo 

She was bigger in everythinggggg but let’s not forget that radio ban isn’t the reason those singles nvr charted!

The radio ban applied only for the US. Internationally, IS4U went #1 nowhere but was a top 10 hit in 24 countries which is good! Thats why I said it was a huge hit. However, it was her first lead single not to go #1 anywhere it charted. OIDIA (single) went #1 in 22 countries! See the difference?

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

The radio ban applied only for the US. Internationally, IS4U went #1 nowhere but was a top 10 hit in 24 countries which is good! Thats why I said it was a huge hit. However, it was her first lead single not to go #1 anywhere it charted. OIDIA (single) went #1 in 22 countries! See the difference?

No Bc the Britney gave us overprotected which gave us splits n this is a sole reason why Britney is her peak 🤣

something that would become a staple in drag race performances Season 12 Dance GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

season 10 split GIF by RuPaul's Drag Raceepisode 1 split GIF by RuPaul's Drag Raceseason 10 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

this is “Britneys” influence ..a split followed by Provocative hair flip. 

Barack Obama Reaction GIF

Well someone agrees with me lol

I get what u say about the MUSIC and u may be right but that is only because britney lost many fans when her image started being more clearly ***ualized. And i say clearly because it was ***ualized from day 0 lol, but in a more kinky yet naive way, playing with the lolita image and her virginity but when you heard her and saw her she was this sweet next door girl up until britney era started.

Then many friends if mine started looking somwere else. My cousin did too. So i get what u r saying OIDA was more appealing and accepted by a wider audience. Then parents started censoring, changing channel, etc lol. And all that reflected kn the charts.

The thing is charts r not a reflection of someones status and reach in the business. Britney era as a whole was a higher peak. Maybe not music wise

• Like 2
On 19. 01. 2021. at 7:48 AM, Blackout2006 said:

She overall had 1 huge hit (S4U) and 1 hit (Overprotected) during this time. Nothing like the OIDIA era which had 1 mega-hit and 2 huge hits :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Dissagre, INAGNYAW was on the same level as Overprotected (therefore also a hit), #6 on Global Chart as well as Overprotected, #2 in Europe...in my country it was more played on radio than Slave tbh

So I would say one huge hit and 2 hits in Britney era. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lil-Jay said:

Dissagre, INAGNYAW was on the same level as Overprotected (therefore also a hit), #6 on Global Chart as well as Overprotected, #2 in Europe...in my country it was more played on radio than Slave tbh

So I would say one huge hit and 2 hits in Britney era. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Honestly, I think you're right :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: INAGNYAW was for sure quite big as well

• Love 1
  • 4 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 9:34 AM, ColdAsFire89 said:

I think there are different peaks in Britneys timeline..

Peak in popularity/sales: I agree with you is 2000

peak in beauty: probably 2001

Peak in artistry and dance is: 2003

Peak in media interest: 2000 or 2007

Peak in tour gross: 2009

sadly all her peaks are pre-2010... :( 

Little did u know that 2021 would be yet another peak bye ***** :leaving_tiffany_pollard_walk_away_leaving_bye_walking_out_pink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_bag:

btw bump 

• Haha 1
On 1/18/2021 at 3:40 PM, Cinderella85 said:

Oops era had the third-best photo-shoots of her career after Blackout and In The Zone. And two of my all-time favorite pictures of her. I can´t find them. She is laying on a couch with red boots on.And on the other one  she wears a black dress and hold something in her hands.

990c8525002d25c99f7b1adabc65074e.jpg

• Love 1