Britney was the 3rd most streamed pre-2000 female artist in the US in 2020

12 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

In my city in particular, Britney's 2011 Femme Fatale album was HUGE, like everyone knew the tour was happening, the songs were always on the radio, I don't have much memories from Circus other than a few of the music videos and hearing Womanizer on the radio, but in my city, FF was easily the bigger era which is weird because The Circus Tour is the one that came here. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing: :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Okay u know I shouldn't say anything since I have never lived in Canada but boo you were 2-3 years old when the circus era started and ended, I don't think the FF era could have been bigger than Circus in Canada :roxxy:

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Bundy said:

But Dua was one of the strongest names last year, she had hits and many bops. Idk why people make such a big deal of Rihannas new album when Anti didnt even do as good as Lemonade. And let me say that I prefer Rihanna and I dont like Beyonce. I mean, 21 will be 6 years this year and sold over 20 million copies, and I still dont see people talking that much of Adeles New album as I see about Rihanna's. Is it bc she keeps shading people who ask her about it? Lol

ANTi didnt sell as much as Overratednade did in 2016 but in the long run, that album sold around 2.8 million copies whereas ANTi has already crossed 5 million so there is for sure demand for new music 

11 hours ago, Bundy said:

Idk whats up with ur generation listening to that trap garbage tho :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

I also wonder sometimes how they enjoy the new trap music :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: like dang it if rap was as good as it was in the 90s but no we are stuck with all these rappers and the trap music is horrible like whenever there is some nice pleasant music people take it and make trap remixes  :ehidk_britney_um_eek: 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Bundy said:

I think that her music wasnt never that impactful, even when she had hits and her albums sold well, she was never the one to beat or the one who changed the music scene and influenced a lot of people. Not that the grammys mean **** nowadays and even tho I hate Katy Perry, I think Katy was more deserving of a Grammy than J lo in 2011. Heck, there are others that I think deserved more and never got one anyway: Avril, Miley, even Kesha. Yeah, she launched perfumes even before Britney, but Britney still sold more than her. Tbh I think J lo is a little desperate and craves for attention, she can flop but she will never let people forget her no matter how bad her singles are doing. Avril talked **** about Britney when she was like 18 years old, I cant remember the last time she said one bad thing about Britney, she even went to her show, took a pic with her and follows Britney on instagram. I dont think Avril wants that kinda of attention that J lo is desperate is always about tbh, but thats my opinion of course. 

And my comparison was that J lo has many followers, shes always on the media and award shows, shes always releasing singles and videos, yet she still had less streams than Avril that doesnt promote her music that much, is almost never on the media unless she has an album out - the last one was released like 1 year and half ago. 

Your arguments are valid and I agree with almost everything you said, however I continue to insist that Jlo had an impact on pop culture no greater than Britney's, but it is greater than Katy Perry's (which I think has already he should have won at least one grammy, despite not following his career), that of Kesha and that of Avril, for example.

Unlike Britney who stopped being interested in showbiz and going to awards ceremonies, Jlo has always made a point of being present at everything, I don’t think that makes her look desperate, she loves being inside the fashion world and likes the Hollywood glow. I can't say much about Avril because I know little about her career, but in my opinion she had no more impact on music than Jlo.

By the way, Jlo has many more fans than Avril and even the vast majority of women in music, because she has a large music market, she does not limit herself to singing in English, she has always given importance since she was very young in her career to the Latin market and the Latin market is huge, so it is normal for it to reach many more people with her music.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, e-mailmyheart said:

Your arguments are valid and I agree with almost everything you said, however I continue to insist that Jlo had an impact on pop culture no greater than Britney's, but it is greater than Katy Perry's (which I think has already he should have won at least one grammy, despite not following his career), that of Kesha and that of Avril, for example.

Unlike Britney who stopped being interested in showbiz and going to awards ceremonies, Jlo has always made a point of being present at everything, I don’t think that makes her look desperate, she loves being inside the fashion world and likes the Hollywood glow. I can't say much about Avril because I know little about her career, but in my opinion she had no more impact on music than Jlo.

By the way, Jlo has many more fans than Avril and even the vast majority of women in music, because she has a large music market, she does not limit herself to singing in English, she has always given importance since she was very young in her career to the Latin market and the Latin market is huge, so it is normal for it to reach many more people with her music.

Preach. JLo is so underrated and on Exhale not a conversation about her goes by without bringing up the Ashanti controversy which IMO is blown out of proportion. I can name 10 other artists who have used other artists to do their background vocals or have used the demo vocals in their music. it’s a common practice at this rate.

No one can doubt JLo’s longevity. And I think the jealousy and hate springs from how successful she remained throughout the years. It’s as if what we, the Britney army, wished to see Britney grow into professionally; stay active in music, pull off advanced dancing moves , boast a killer body at age 50, strike partnerships left and right, be more involved in her fragrance line, explore opportunities outside music like Fashion, Make-Up , TV and Films, land a Super Bowl performance. Really just stay on top of her game like JLo has been the last decade. 

Her music might be flopping on the charts, but I sure as hell will have you know that she has been making up for it elsewhere. 

• Like 1

I find it laughable that Billboard made it sound like women in music were making a resurgence in 2020, but they’re barely in the top 20 

tell the truth GIF

These lists don’t matter to me though. I listen to what I like and thats what matters to me. If my favs (Shakira, Britney, Ariana, Billie, Dua) earn accolades I’ll celebrate that. Top 40 is over rated anyway.

And I’m gonna say something regarding Shakira/JLo. JLo did the same performance she always does on every award show. I love her but its boring at this point :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill: Shakira carried that show (dancing, playing instruments, diving into a crowd) JLo was the backup dancer :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

ANTi didnt sell as much as Overratednade did in 2016 but in the long run, that album sold around 2.8 million copies whereas ANTi has already crossed 5 million so there is for sure demand for new music 

What? I thought Lemonade had sold like 6m? Maybe her fans were lying and I believed it? Lol and I didnt know Anti sold that much, I thought it sold like 3m or smt like that.