Britney was the 3rd most streamed pre-2000 female artist in the US in 2020

13 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Dua has been in the game for three years and is just getting more and more popular. Rhiannon was just at the right place at the right time. Can’t even sing to save her life and owes her life to her songwriters :roxxy:

Not us talking about singing and Dua Lipa at the same time. :roxxy:

Rihanna has written more released songs than Dua. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Dua is a decent vocalist in terms of technique, I'll give her that. Her tonal quality is pretty much guaranteed to give her a hit because of how emotively passive aggressive she sounds in her songs. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I appreciate her more as a songwriter though because I can't deny she can make a hit song. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I just feel like her songs carry her more than herself, if that makes sense. :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

Anyways, let's let @Xtina2006 make the call when she wakes up. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Avatar said:

Wonder why Whitney was so high... no pun intended. 

Jlo should be higher, she did so much last year and released a few singles, and one was actually good. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

Her catalogue. It’s massive. She gets more streams then any other diva from the 80s and 90s.

also higher love was a monster hit world wide.

mariahs streams came from the Christmas song. Gotta respect that. She’s usually dead all year long until December comes.

whitney is the top streaming lady. Right up there with Michael. I think she eclipsed him few years ago if I’m correct.

13 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

As a gay, I love how the recognition of whether a main pop girl is a main pop girl is if she's loved by the gays. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I think she has a few bops but I do dislike how she gets passed off for certain things by pop music stans. (When that source claim she was using Payola, everyone defended the allegation)

I can't speak for all of Canada but she's seen as an icon here in the sense that no matter whether or not her song is a hit, it won't affect her. Some people hate her and others love her but she's well-known and no one can take that away. The only people I've ever met who called her "untalented" were the remaining 2 Christina Aguilera fans here. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

In my city in particular, Britney's 2011 Femme Fatale album was HUGE, like everyone knew the tour was happening, the songs were always on the radio, I don't have much memories from Circus other than a few of the music videos and hearing Womanizer on the radio, but in my city, FF was easily the bigger era which is weird because The Circus Tour is the one that came here. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing: :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I know that Brazil loves Britney, you're so lucky. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Haha And we know that a popstar is a main pop girl overall when straight dudes that listen to heavy metal know who they are lol 

I dont know much about Dua besides her songs. I think she has potential tbh. 

So basically in Canada is like in the USA for Britney lol I didnt know FFT didnt go to Canada, I wonder why. 

FF era was also big in Brazil. Britney is very loved here, but shes also very hated. But overall shes one of the most loved popstars here among Madonna, Beyonce and Lady Gaga. 

I love both Britney and Christina, I think the rivalry is just so 90s. They are very different artists and Christina left her shady remarks about Britney in 2004, idk why both fandoms act like this more than 15 years later :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

In ur city people still care about Avril, Alanis, Shania? 

50 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Maybe it's because I'm in North America but where I am in particular, Dua is a B-lister at best. Her songs overshadow her. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Like with Rihanna, sure she has hits but her entity as an artist overshadows that. People will know Don't Start Now or New Rules or maybe even Break My Heart but probably won't not know who "Dua Lipa" is. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

A very strong statement about Dua. I would have to agree with you.

She has stated that she wants to emulate her "hero Madonna by peaking in her 40s", before retiring in her 50's.

Dua clearly works hard, and has a lot of drive, but in my opinion despite her bops, she doesn't have a strong charisma or personality to make a huge impact on pop culture. 

She might want to be the next Madonna, but at 25 she isn't even at Britney's level of stardom at the same age.

The gays might stan her, but, her song "boys will be boys" tells me she is more of a girly-girl at heart, than a true LGBTQ+ ally, despite what she claims.

I say this because to really infiltrate pop culture, and transcend pop music in general, she needs ALL the LGBTQ+ kids on her side every step of the way.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Not us talking about singing and Dua Lipa at the same time. :roxxy:

Rihanna has written more released songs than Dua. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Dua is a decent vocalist in terms of technique, I'll give her that. Her tonal quality is pretty much guaranteed to give her a hit because of how emotively passive aggressive she sounds in her songs. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I appreciate her more as a songwriter though because I can't deny she can make a hit song. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I just feel like her songs carry her more than herself, if that makes sense. :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

Anyways, let's let @Xtina2006 make the call when she wakes up. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

"because of how emotively passive aggressive she sounds in her songs."

You are on a roll today!!!!

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Avril and Alanis, no.

Shania is considered a legend by most people who are middle aged or older, the name sounds familiar to most youth but most won't have heard a song by her. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Thats sad. 

Not even Man I feel like a woman?

Harry Styles sang youre still the one a couple of years ago and he nailed it. 

3 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Thats sad. 

Not even Man I feel like a woman?

Harry Styles sang youre still the one a couple of years ago and he nailed. 

I think Man! I Feel Like A Woman might be recognizable by young adults but sadly not anyone in my age group unless they were pop culture/Shania fans. :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

Most of the people in my class last year (this year is hard to tell since I don't know anyone in my online class) mostly listened to Japanese music, Korean music or trap music. There was like one girl who listened to country/pop. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I think Man! I Feel Like A Woman might be recognizable by young adults but sadly not anyone in my age group unless they were pop culture/Shania fans. :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

Most of the people in my class last year (this year is hard to tell since I don't know anyone in my online class) mostly listened to Japanese music, Korean music or trap music. There was like one girl who listened to country/pop. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Im surprised bc I thought Shania would be more cherished in her own country. Im glad Britney is still remembered then :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: 

Idk whats up with ur generation listening to that trap garbage tho :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

41 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Idk whats up with ur generation listening to that trap garbage tho :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

It's even worse for me because I listen to old-school hip-hop that's mostly fused with pop so everyone is like, "You listen to Lil' Tekashi and Juice WRLD? :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:"

and I'm like, "I listen to In The Zone by Britney Spears and The Emancipation of Mimi by Mariah Carey. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:". :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

It's even worse for me because I listen to old-school hip-hop that's mostly fused with pop so everyone is like, "You listen to Lil' Tekashi and Juice WRLD? :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:"

and I'm like, "I listen to In The Zone by Britney Spears and The Emancipation of Mimi by Mariah Carey. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:". :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Wtf is Lil Tekashi? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I hope ure showing those kids these good albums, Godney knows their ears need some time from all the bs they are being abused from :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

7 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Wtf is Lil Tekashi? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I hope ure showing those kids these good albums, Godney knows their ears need some time from all the bs they are being abused from :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Some rapper who's popular amount younger people in the U.S. and Canada, he pretty much defines the mumble rap genre. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

This is so random but nearly two years ago, whenever me and my friend would be finished our schoolwork on the computers and would have free time, we would turn on the ...Baby One More Time music video and dance to it and my teacher didn't even care. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I wrote "It's Britney, B-" on my English notebook last year too. Seemed to be all well with the teacher because I didn't write the test of the second word beginning with a B. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I also did multiple analysis of her songs this year in class for assignments. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

So yeah, everyone knows not to insult her within a 3000 km radius of me. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1