Britney was the 3rd most streamed pre-2000 female artist in the US in 2020

2 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Maybe it's because I'm in North America but where I am in particular, Dua is a B-lister at best. Her songs overshadow her. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Like with Rihanna, sure she has hits but her entity as an artist overshadows that. People will know Don't Start Now or New Rules or maybe even Break My Heart but probably won't not know who "Dua Lipa" is. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Dua is on her second album, Rihanna has 8 of them, maybe that's why you see them that way. They're on very different points of their career.

• Love 1

Props to Mariah even if the bulk of her streams are from Christmas.  A stream is a stream and if people seek it out, it's because there is an interest in the song.  That is what artists want is for people to seek out their music, even if it is a Christmas song.

I don't really follow Dua Lipa and don't know her songs, besides Don't Start Now, so someone correct me if I am missing something.  I think the reason that Dua Lipa isn't bigger is because she hasn't created any cultural moments.  Britney's songs are known by just about everyone.  And people know Britney, because of her contributions to pop culture and the musical landscape.  Britney gave us her schoolgirl outfit, her red latex catsuit, her VMA performances, especially Slave and the snake, the Madonna kiss, her return to music with Circus.  She is known for not just her music, but her epic performances.  She gets people to talk about her.  She stays in the public consciousness.  As an average casual listener to Dua Lipa if she happens to play on the radio, I know nothing about her or find any interest in wanting to know about her (nothing against her though).  With Britney she has that charisma and charm that pulls people's interest in.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Some rapper who's popular amount younger people in the U.S. and Canada, he pretty much defines the mumble rap genre. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

This is so random but nearly two years ago, whenever me and my friend would be finished our schoolwork on the computers and would have free time, we would turn on the ...Baby One More Time music video and dance to it and my teacher didn't even care. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I wrote "It's Britney, B-" on my English notebook last year too. Seemed to be all well with the teacher because I didn't write the test of the second word beginning with a B. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I also did multiple analysis of her songs this year in class for assignments. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

So yeah, everyone knows not to insult her within a 3000 km radius of me. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Thats so cool! Is Britney ur favorite artist/popstar? I still cant believe ure Jayden's age when u seem so mature :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

I love that the kids respect her, at least in ur presence anyway :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Wait no, I accidentally fudged his name with another's because I was typing the other's but discarded the example and typed another. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

How did we go from 2Pac to now. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

So whats his name anyway? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

I wish I knew this tbh bc these rappers are so ******* trashy, I dont even bother to follow them. 

4 hours ago, Bundy said:

Thank u!!! Obviously half of her followers are fake and the other half are people who believe she doesnt photoshop her pics to death. She isnt relevant at all in music for over a decade, she isnt this icon or legend at all, but she is always on the news desperate for attention. 

Even Avril has more streams than JFlop.

Please, Jlo deserves all the recognition she has, even a Grammy she should have in her career for On the floor in 2011, for example. She is a fashion icon, she has already launched perfumes (she was one of the first women in music to do so), she is over 50 years old and she still advertises for Guess and other well-known brands, when Avril (the hypocrite who criticized the Britney for walking lightly and a few years later did the same)?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bundy said:

Thats so cool! Is Britney ur favorite artist/popstar? I still cant believe ure Jayden's age when u seem so mature :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

I love that the kids respect her, at least in ur presence anyway :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

She is. :)

I was a fan but I remember being so filled with anxiety back in late 2019 and listening to Lucky and sobbing to myself. I got professional help with my mental health after that so I'm all good now but that song still has a special place in my heart because of how many times I had listened to it and really sealed the deal for me as a stan. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

17 minutes ago, e-mailmyheart said:

Please, Jlo deserves all the recognition she has, even a Grammy she should have in her career for On the floor in 2011, for example. She is a fashion icon, she has already launched perfumes (she was one of the first women in music to do so), she is over 50 years old and she still advertises for Guess and other well-known brands, when Avril (the hypocrite who criticized the Britney for walking lightly and a few years later did the same)?

I think that her music wasnt never that impactful, even when she had hits and her albums sold well, she was never the one to beat or the one who changed the music scene and influenced a lot of people. Not that the grammys mean **** nowadays and even tho I hate Katy Perry, I think Katy was more deserving of a Grammy than J lo in 2011. Heck, there are others that I think deserved more and never got one anyway: Avril, Miley, even Kesha. Yeah, she launched perfumes even before Britney, but Britney still sold more than her. Tbh I think J lo is a little desperate and craves for attention, she can flop but she will never let people forget her no matter how bad her singles are doing. Avril talked **** about Britney when she was like 18 years old, I cant remember the last time she said one bad thing about Britney, she even went to her show, took a pic with her and follows Britney on instagram. I dont think Avril wants that kinda of attention that J lo is desperate is always about tbh, but thats my opinion of course. 

And my comparison was that J lo has many followers, shes always on the media and award shows, shes always releasing singles and videos, yet she still had less streams than Avril that doesnt promote her music that much, is almost never on the media unless she has an album out - the last one was released like 1 year and half ago. 

41 minutes ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

So basically, the media is slowly retiring Britney putting her on lists of the old pop era.

I think that list was created by the op. U can see that on the link he posted, its an overall list and Britney is #291. 

14 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

She is. :)

I was a fan but I remember being so filled with anxiety back in late 2019 and listening to Lucky and sobbing to myself. I got professional help with my mental health after that so I'm all good now but that song still has a special place in my heart because of how many times I had listened to it and really sealed the deal for me as a stan. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Thats great! I remember ure a hardcore oops fan. When I was a kid, I never cared that much about Lucky, it has been only a couple of years that I started loving that song. 

Im glad that song helped u somehow and that u got help and managed to get better, anxiety is such a ***** :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: U seem such a nice and empathetic kid :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: