Which Lady Gaga era had the best singles, and which era had the worst?

Which Lady Gaga era had the best singles, and which era had the worst?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• The Fame
    • Just Dance
    • Poker Face
    • Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
    • LoveGame
    • Paparazzi
  • The Fame Monster
    • Bad Romance
    • Telephone
    • Alejandro
    • Dance in the Dark
  • Born This Way
    • Born This Way
    • Judas
    • The Edge of Glory
    • You and I
    • Marry the Night
  • ARTPOP
    • Applause
    • Do What U Want
    • G.U.Y.
  • Joanne
    • Perfect Illusion
    • Million Reasons
    • Joanne
  • Chromatica
    • Stupid Love
    • Rain on Me

ESKPiUrXUAARmKX.jpg-large.jpg

• Love 1

BEST: The Fame Monster.

Bad Romance and Telephone speak for themselves t b h

WORST: Joanne.

Perfect Illusion... not a strong lead. Video was boring and first time we see stripped down Gaga. Boring.

Million Reasons music video is 2 thumbs and 2 big toes down.

Joanne... was released a year later. as a piano ballad. While Dancin’ In Circles remained as an album track.

• Content Curators

Her first three eras were perfect except for "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) and "You and I".

Even though her first two albums were iconic and full of hits I picked "Born This Way" because I just love that album. "Marry The Night" still remains one of my fave singles and songs ever.

The worst is Joanne but I still like those singles anyway their just not as interesting. 

• Love 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Best: The Fame- Single choices were MWAH. 10/10

Worst: Chromatica- Imagine putting Stupid Love as a lead single when you have Alice in the same record :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Not hard to imagine. All the songs sound the same and would have flopped just the same way had any of them been released as the lead single.

I was listening to gagas debut last night and it was a perfect debut albums. The Itunes here in Canada have the American version with some filler songs that the canadian release did not have. I did not enjoy those songs. 

I have not listened to full gaga album since the debut. And I had that one on replay like crazy when it first came out. I think all the gay fans and her music being associated with lgbtq community turned me off as being a fan of her. I think she exploited us as **** to become famous. 

Her singles run from TF-TFM was freakin awesome! BTW and onward was a mess! I don't understand how the biggest pop star at the time messed up so bad with her single choices for the "album of the decade". Judas released during Easter week while BTW was still charting? The rush release of TEOG and a bland excuse of a MV? YAI as a worldwide single AFTER the album's release? MTN, aka best song on the album, as a last single??? What happened? If I was her I would've gone like this and truly make the "album of the decade" come to life!

BTW (Lead single, perfect!)

YAI ( 2nd single, if she wanted to be edgy and risky release this, trust me, it would've done well!)

ALBUM RELEASE 

Judas (3rd single, bring back TFM-Ga after two very different releases from her)

MTN (4th single,after betrayal of Judas, release this melancholy but uplifting song during winter of 2011)

TEOG (Final single! Released in early 2012 and a perfect end to BTW era!) 

• Love 1

Best: The Fame Monster

Worst: Well I went with ARTPOP, but only cause the run isn't as strong as the others. Applause was a good lead single and Do What U Want was a good choice but it's been tainted because of R Kelly (and maybe the lack of video didn't help either).... I still enjoy the song though. I probably listen to the Xtina version more though. They should have really released that version instead and done a music video for it. G.U.Y. was okay as well with an amazing video but could have done so much better. The album could have had done with at least two more singles tbh. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Peanut said:

Her singles run from TF-TFM was freakin awesome! BTW and onward was a mess! I don't understand how the biggest pop star at the time messed up so bad with her single choices for the "album of the decade". Judas released during Easter week while BTW was still charting? The rush release of TEOG and a bland excuse of a MV? YAI as a worldwide single AFTER the album's release? MTN, aka best song on the album, as a last single??? What happened? If I was her I would've gone like this and truly make the "album of the decade" come to life!

BTW (Lead single, perfect!)

YAI ( 2nd single, if she wanted to be edgy and risky release this, trust me, it would've done well!)

ALBUM RELEASE 

Judas (3rd single, bring back TFM-Ga after two very different releases from her)

MTN (4th single,after betrayal of Judas, release this melancholy but uplifting song during winter of 2011)

TEOG (Final single! Released in early 2012 and a perfect end to BTW era!) 

The Edge of Glory's rush release didn't really stop the song from being a hit. It was originally a promo single but because it was doing so well on iTunes they decided to push it as a proper single instead. I do agree Judas could have been timed better but that song still did okay. You and I was the only song from the album I don't think should have been a single but it still went top 10 in the US so what do I know...

For me, the best is TFM (Bad Romance, Telephone with Beyoncé, Alejandro and DITD). It speaks for itself. Alternatively, TFM and The Fame are at the same level, kay. Both albums are masterpieces.

BTW, some good choices some were kind of off. MTN as a last single? What was that? I know there was a problem with her label forcing her to release particular songs. Sadly, the did not force her to release Scheisse or Americano too. The era would be longer or something, however, those songs are bops.

ARTPOP, Applause as a lead is a perfect choice. DWYW is great song, sadly she didn't have Xtina on it from the beginning. Or some rnb artist. Frank Ocean or Rihanna. Having G.U.Y. as an official single over Venus is something I don't get. Like Venus was promotional single. It has a lot exposure, it was fan favourite. Yet for some reason we got G.U.Y. over Venus. Also, leaving MANiCUE, Donatella, Artpop and Mary Jane Holland like that is almost a crime.

Joanne, well, it shows stripped Gaga. Best songs on that album (imo): Million Reasons, John Wayne, Perfect Illusion, Grigio Girls, Dancing In Circles, Angel Down (piano version/demo/whatever, basically that version without Mark Ronson). How many songs we got and in what order? I do get that having PI as a lead could be intended to have the GP shook, sadly it didn't worked well. 

Chromatica, Sour Candy as promotional single is crime. Abandoning Alice, Free Woman, Replay, Fun Tonight, Babylon and Sine From Above is even bigger crime. Anyone responsible should be held accountable. Although everything going on in the US and the whole world overall, she could have done more with the album. Like don't tell me that she could sing a single song from that album when promoting Joe Bi Den 

Cheek To Cheek and A Star Is Born soundtrack a left out on purpose. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block