In 2000 Britney Was Offered 7.5M For Her V-Card

ColdAsFire88

The year was 2000 and a young pop star turned phenomenon was barely 18. All eyes were on her and every young teen wanted to be like her. People across the world tuned into her every move and were eager for what she would do next.

Before infamous downfall and before the snake performance along with her mega famous relationship with Justin Timberlake there was the question of her virginity. How can someone who exemplifies being an angelic virgin also radiate ***? Shes an angel one minute and a lolita the next. Is she or is she not a virgin? 

Back then people were so obsessed with this that someone offered Britney Spears 7.5 Million in exchange for her virginity. The kicker? Her then label Jive Records made her aware of this offer. Why? To help stir controversy? Move records? See if they could get a higher bidder? 

After Jive brought the offer to Britney this was her reaction:

"It's a disgusting offer," she told one newspaper. "He should go and have a cold shower and leave me alone. It's outrageous how a man like that can offer something which is totally unacceptable."

Before Britney and Justin broke up there were signs that Britneys carefully created image was beginning to crack under pressure. Once their relationship was over and Justin stated he “hit” that the world seemed to turn on Britney. At that time it seemed like the public took out the trash (Britney) and left her on the side of the road to be taken to the recycling plant so we could consume someone else until we were ready to spit them out. 

So much has happened in showbiz since this article was published in 2000 (metoo movement, Taylor Swift, womens rights) but so much more is still left on the table. Men still run the world and women in music are pushed to “bare all” or expect to fizzle out.

My question is this. Did the world find Britney expendable once they found out she wasn’t a virgin? 

Check out the full Guardian article here:

Where was Lynda Lee-Potter when her readers needed her? Yesterday may not have been her allotted day to spout bile from the bowels of the Daily Mail, but how else were her legion fans to make it through without her pronouncement on the Britney Spears virginity bid farrago?

For those among you who weren't entirely wrapped up in yesterday's showbiz news, the story goes something like this. Late last week, a mystery businessman contacted Britney's record company and offered £7.5m to relieve the pneumatic teen of her virginity. Gossip suggests adenoidal radio anarchist Howard Stern was involved.

Britney has reacted with predictable crossness. "It's a disgusting offer," she told one newspaper. "He should go and have a cold shower and leave me alone. It's outrageous how a man like that can offer something which is totally unacceptable."

Now, as odd as the very format of the request is (why did the man approach her record company? Is that etiquette for this type of thing? And why did the record company tell Britney? Did they think she might say yes? And how did the story leak out? Surely it wasn't a cynical marketing ploy?), it does, for once, say as much about the unwitting object of the offer as it does about the strange condition of the male psyche. Britney Spears swirls her virginity about like a tasselled nipple. She doesn't believe in *** before marriage. She goes out with boys, but they only kiss. She fully intends to Wait. Her ***ual inexperience is infinitely more titillating than the manicured, PR-generated excuse for sluttiness that she totes about in her videos. Or rather, it's the clash between her protested ***ual inexperience, her God-fearing, clean-livin', ex-Disney Club-presenting public persona and the other, school uniform-wearing, Rolling Stone cover-posing pop persona that teases, inflames, thrills.

"I'm not that innocent," sings a pink rubber catsuited Britney in her latest video. Yet real-life Britney distances herself from this manipulating minx in assorted interviews. Can you adopt an entirely different ***ual MO in a pop song? Is that pop protocol? Maybe not, but Britney does it anyway.

Which explains why so many are having problems forming a line on Britney. Is she a surgically enhanced, ****-teasing hussy? Or is she a solid, moral, Christian role model, a vast improvement on the Spice Girls, the anti-Madonna, if you like? The Daily Mail is at a loss.

Of course, the truly vile part of Britney's uniquely confused and confusing ***uality is that men find it so utterly intoxicating. For Britney's reconstructed virginity is indeed pressing men's buttons. More so than her just-above-average prettiness and her fresh-faced, collagen plump youth might lead you to expect. Why else offer £7.5m to take it?

Is a woman's virginity still so prized - in these most modern of modern times? Even now, days after the nation's most notorious fictional 13-year-old, Coronation Street's Sarah Louise Platt, gave birth to a girl and named her, most inappropriately, after Britney herself? Didn't we move on from this? Or was ***ual liberation merely, as a French (male) friend once informed me, a phase women went through in the 60s?

Never mind last decade's sad little flirtation with female ***ual bravado. Never mind the proverbial ladettes parading round Ibiza's most debauched nooks and crannies, steeped in distinctly non-virginal ***ual promise, downing pints before roughly pleasuring pretty groupies against the side of their rented white-washed fincas . That's over now. What a 21st-century boy wants, apparently, is an old-fashioned gal. He wants the eternal prom queen who will never quite put out.

The infinite marketability of Britney Spears' virginity is what elevates her above teen queen sensation pretenders Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson and Billie Piper. It's what makes her videos so exciting - she doesn't really know what she's doing, or singing, or how she's thrilling her boy fans with her customised school uniform. She is that innocent.

All of which might explain why Britney really rebuffed this most ungallant of businessmen. Intact, her virginity is worth millions more than the paltry seven and a half on offer, both to her and to her record company. It's her USP. Without it, she's just another blonde piece. Although there's an outside possibility she's serious about marrying Prince William.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Easy There said:

I think that quote was fake. Idt she ever wrote that in her book.

Yeah I haven’t read the book but multiple media outlets have reported the quote from Lynnes’ book. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

I don’t care either. The point of this thread is how obsessed the world was regarding a teenage girls virginity :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

Do we know who the sicko that made the offer was?

According to the Guardian

...a mystery businessman contacted Britney's record company and offered £7.5m to relieve the pneumatic teen of her virginity. Gossip suggests adenoidal radio anarchist Howard Stern was involved.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/jun/06/gender.uk1

I might be inclined to think that it was either a publicity stunt, or just a joke. Or both, and Jive ran with it. 

I bet it was Larry who made her say she was a virgin.

At that point in time Britney (if we are to believe Lynne) had already lost her virginity to Reg Jones, a former high school star football player when he was 17, and Britney was 14. Louisiana's age of consent is 17 btw. I still don't understand why Lynne choose to tell the world that information. And it was during a time Britney needed her most.

Weirdly, in Japan, in the distant past (vefore the outlawing of *** work), young apprentice Geisha's (Maikos) would undergo a process known as Mizuage. Shroud in secrecy (and now denied by many), it involved auctioning off the "virginity" of the apprentice Geisha to the highest bidder.

The Maiko who underwent Mizuage would see male patrons and benefactors bid very large sums of money for the prestige and privilege of taking their virginity. Interestingly, the sum of money went entirely to the Okiya (the geisha house an apprentice was affiliated to). The Maiko did not see a penny.

It was considered an important initiation into womanhood and the geisha world, giving way to the next stage of "training". The Mizuage patron would often have no further relations with the young woman in question. 

The higher the bid, the more famous and in demand the Maiko would eventually become. 

The book/film Memories of a Geisha kind of details it.

If Britney had been a Geisha (which in a way she kind of was one, functioning just for the pleasure of others), she would have been the most famous of all of them.

26b0fb11305ce2c86fcddbc362015a0d.jpg

cbf99c7bc138aec4eef5d2b11f3fc31b.jpg

Oops-I-did-it-again-Press-Conference-in-

6 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Do we know who the sicko that made the offer was?

According to the Guardian

...a mystery businessman contacted Britney's record company and offered £7.5m to relieve the pneumatic teen of her virginity. Gossip suggests adenoidal radio anarchist Howard Stern was involved.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/jun/06/gender.uk1

I might be inclined to think that it was either a publicity stunt, or just a joke. Or both, and Jive run with it. 

I bet it was Larry who made her say she was a Virgin.

At that point in time Britney (if we are to believe Lynne) had already lost her virginity to Reg Jones, a former high school star football player when he was 17, and Britney was 14. Louisiana's age of consent is 17 btw. I still don't understand why Lynne choose to tell the world that information. And it was during a time Britney needed her most.

Weirdly, in Japan, in the distant past (Before the outlawing of *** work), young apprentice Geisha's (Maikos) would undergo a process known as Mizuage. Shroud in secrecy (and now denied by many), it involved auctioning off the "virginity" of the apprentice to the highest bidder.

The Maiko who underwent Mizuage would see patrons and benefactors bid very large sums of money for the prestige and privilege of taking their virginity. Interestingly, the sum of money went entirely to the Okiya (the geisha house an apprentice was affiliated to). The Maiko did not see a penny.

It was considered an important initiation into womanhood and the geisha world, giving way to the next stage of "training". The Mizuage patron would often have no further relations with the young woman in question. 

The higher the bid, the more famous and in demand the Maiko would eventually become. 

The book/film Memories of a Geisha kind of details it.

If Britney had been a Geisha (which in a way she kind of was one, functioning just for the pleasure of others), she would have been the most famous of all of them.

26b0fb11305ce2c86fcddbc362015a0d.jpg

cbf99c7bc138aec4eef5d2b11f3fc31b.jpg

Oops-I-did-it-again-Press-Conference-in-

Donald Trump no doubt :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

I would say that times have changed, but I don’t think it’s necessarily true in Britney’s case. There’s always been a double standard when it comes to Britney.

Adele was loved and respected FOR having a “plus” figure. Britney was criticized in 2007 for being “fat” even though her body looked great.

Everyone’s so dramatic about #metoo and so sensitive about women’s rights, yet no one really gives a **** a famous woman like Britney has NO rights. The cship is way more ***ist and abusive than MANY #metoo scandals. 

Archived