In 2000 Britney Was Offered 7.5M For Her V-Card

ColdAsFire88

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cinderella85 said:

This is insane. Is this only in America. I almost feel sick just reading it :hideous_um_zoom_hide_what_confused_scared:

Gladly that CD cover was an obscure fan made one, and not an official one. It might have been done innocently or not. So no cause for concern there.

Thanks for the info.

12 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Isn’t feminism about equality for all (regardless of ***, gender, ***uality or identity) in a patriarchal system? Isn’t it about your rights as a person to do and live according to what’s true to you and not according to the social conditions set down by men, our forefathers or a male god?

Britney is the perfect feminist role model, but I guess too many seasoned feminists think (in their mind) that she doesn’t exactly fit the usual stereotypical feminist trope-mould...an angry, intellectual, scary bra-burning woman with a short hair and vague declarations of "Girl Power".

Which, even in a way sounds a lot like Brit in 2007-2008, trying to do it for herself against the riles of her handlers, record label, management, and family. Perhaps, Brit was doing what any woman with a brain and some guts would have done in the same situation.  

She took control, even if she lost her way, by god she tried. If only other believed in her, supported her, guided her, instead of trying to control, suppress or use her she might have succeeded.

There needs to be a post about Britney the feminist! There are so many reason why she was, is and succeeds at being one today, simply because she’s fighting against a system not of her own making but one that takes advantage of her, manipulates her, and repressed her. Any modern feminist would see that’s worthy of supporting and getting behind.

The guardian did a piece on Britney as a feminist role model a few years ago. It’s more from the angle of her as a powerhouse female superstar and businesswoman doing it her way despite the odds...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jul/13/britney-spears-feminist-role-model

A longer version of the article was printed here

https://medium.com/matter/miss-american-dream-31c823ad0e5a

I feel like people are really hypocrites when it comes to Britney, including many feminists. Ive seen so many people that are all about human rights, women's rights, mental health awareness, etc, but Britney doesnt matter to them. They still make fun of her instagram or call her crazy. They dont even bother reading about FreeBritney. Take Fiona Apple as an example. She talked about Kesha's and Taylor's problems but when she was asked about Britney, she only said she didnt know much about her situation, just like that, and continued talking about other women. Its almost like Britney isnt a human being, isnt a woman. I understand if she didnt know much about her situation and didnt want to get sued, but its the lack of interest that called my attention. And she could have said smt like Miley did, that she didnt know much but thought Britney should have her freedom since she can work. Is that so hard? I feel like many people see Britney as this privilged white person that no one should feel sorry for. As if shes Ivanka Trump or smt. Its like "Britney is a white rich person, who USED to be beautiful, young, successful, skinny and fit.", so she doesnt deserve empathy, not for being ***ualized since she was 16 years old, not for being harassed like crazy especially from 2006-2008 and not for being in such an unfair situation where she cant even speak about. Its almost like she isnt even seen as a woman by the majority of feminists. 

Just look how Beyonce was praised by writing an album about a man who cheated on her. A man she chose to stay with even tho she doesnt need him financially. Britney was 24 years old with two babies when she filed for divorce. She was never praised bc of thet, on contrary, she was called crazy, even tho Kevin is a pile of ****. Then when she started partying - smt Kevin did before she filed for divorce - everyone was questioning her as a mom yet again. She could never win. 

Just bc she doesnt say shes a feminist or cant speak about her situation, people dont even care about her situation or everything she had to deal with in her entire career. 

When Beyonce was asked about Britneys problems, she said she surrounded herself with good people. And ure completely right... Britney has been neglected and sabotaged her whole life. By her family, record label, people who work for her, etc etc. Her life and career would be really different if she had good people around her, If they didnt try to manipulate her in every single way, If she did therapy, If she wasnt overworked, If she was treated like a person instead of an ATM machine, If she could have lived the life she wanted, If she could have been the mother she wanted to be. If she was supported instead of controlled. 

Britney should have done therapy and put RO on her whole family in 2007. 

I think I read this article in the past when I searched for feminist Views about her. I think fake people will only pretend to care about her situation only If shes free someday and exposes everyone, or when she is no longer here. She is so misunderstood. 

6 hours ago, e-mailmyheart said:

Yes, this was the first time she spoke publicly about being a virgin, but I couldn't find the video.

Do u remember if it was in 99 or 2000? I dont remember when was the first time she said it. I know she said on a press conference in German in late 2000, but I think that wasnt the first time. 

6 hours ago, famemonster123 said:

ugh so gross... she was ***ualized so much back then, she was JUST 18.

I'm so glad society has changed over the years because the way they treated Britney was SICK.

it goes to show how britney really changed the music industry for women..they said 'your too ****, look at the clothes you wear' ..her response was always "I do what feels comfortable, I think its important for women to feel comfortable, why is it wrong when I do it?" 

Nowadays no one would dare ask someone like ariana when she lost her virginity because the world has grown since then.. 

Britney was a trendsetter, and the problem with being a trendsetter is you are always the one who gets the most flack.. she was and still is one of the most famous people alive,  if reporter's can get a article about you they will.. I remember in 2007-2009 every day britney on the front cover every single day on every magazine. They must of made so much money from britney.

Realistically to some degree..the media owe her a BIG apology , this is why celebrities especially singers praise and adore britney because they know what she's put up with.. the cship ..I don't know how she's put up with that for so long.. shes one strong woman...she deserves the world 

On 1/10/2021 at 12:17 PM, kleinbritney said:

Everyone knew that Britney was no longer a virgin. I actually found the picture very cute. Better than a vampire who ******* people.
I think the whole MeeToo debate is ridiculous. Women are much worse than men in positions of power. Who robbed Britney of her rights ... Lou and Reva Goetz that is,women.

And why, they seem to have more sympathy for r*** victims and are more likely to feel compassion for victims of bullying and other crimes. Women could be freezing cold.Although you think it should be different

15 hours ago, Bundy said:

Do u remember if it was in 99 or 2000? I dont remember when was the first time she said it. I know she said on a press conference in German in late 2000, but I think that wasnt the first time. 

The video I speak was in 2000, and I remember some years ago that they said it was the first time she had spoken and publicly admitted that she was a virgin, and many said she only said it because her label asked for it to do.

1 minute ago, e-mailmyheart said:

No, the video I mentioned in another comment is a video in which she was promoting the album Oops in 2000.

okey.

Seeing as Oops was released in the summer of 2000. The 1st video from Aug 2000 might have been around that time. I looked at videos from her European press tour (for Oops) around that time and I din't find any mention of her virginity. Just her relationship with Justin and marriage. 

Could it have been a magazine interview. Or you are sure it was a video?

10 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

okey.

Seeing as Oops was released in the summer of 2000. The 1st video from Aug 2000 might have been around that time. I looked at videos from her European press tour (for Oops) around that time and I din't find any mention of her virginity. Just her relationship with Justin and marriage. 

Could it have been a magazine interview. Or you are sure it was a video?

It was a video, but i can't find it. But i remenber that many people and the media said that it was in 2000 that she spoked for the first time about that.

But forget it, it is not important, her virginity is only her concern and we criticized the media so much that we fans ended up doing the same.:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

28 minutes ago, e-mailmyheart said:

It was a video, but i can't find it. But i remenber that many people and the media said that it was in 2000 that she spoked for the first time about that.

but forget it, it is not important, her virginity is only her concern and we criticized the media so much that we fans ended up doing the same.:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Which fans criticised her virginity? I've never come across one, here or else where. Why would they do that? That isn't a fan.

The reason to find the video is to know when it first happened (questions about her virginity), and who (which media org) was involved. Not to criticise her.

I guess the Access Hollywood vid from Aug 2000, and the promotion of Oops in Norway in mid 2000 is the only evidence we have for now.

1 hour ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Which fans criticised her virginity? I've never come across one, here or else where. Why would they do that? That isn't a fan.

The reason to find the video is to know when it first happened (questions about her virginity), and who (which media org) was involved. Not to criticise her.

I guess the Access Hollywood vid from Aug 2000, and the promotion of Oops in Norway in mid 2000 is the only evidence we have for now.

Sorry if I seemed arrogant, that was not my intention :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: what I meant is that we are here to discuss when exactly was the first time she spoke publicly on the subject, but even though she was forced to have to talk about the matter for the record company I think that nowadays this is irrelevant and I haven't seen this specific video for years, I know it was in 2000.

49 minutes ago, e-mailmyheart said:

Sorry if I seemed arrogant, that was not my intention :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: what I meant is that we are here to discuss when exactly was the first time she spoke publicly on the subject, but even though she was forced to have to talk about the matter for the record company I think that nowadays this is irrelevant and I haven't seen this specific video for years, I know it was in 2000.

No problem. I assumed you were fed up with my replies (in fairness there are many) :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

It is absolutely irrelevant today.

Anyway, I have given up, someone else may take up the task of locating the video, if they wish. :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

On 1/9/2021 at 4:40 PM, Justin Woodpond said:

Do we know who the sicko that made the offer was?

According to the Guardian

...a mystery businessman contacted Britney's record company and offered £7.5m to relieve the pneumatic teen of her virginity. Gossip suggests adenoidal radio anarchist Howard Stern was involved.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/jun/06/gender.uk1

I might be inclined to think that it was either a publicity stunt, or just a joke. Or both, and Jive ran with it. 

I bet it was Larry who made her say she was a virgin.

At that point in time Britney (if we are to believe Lynne) had already lost her virginity to Reg Jones, a former high school star football player when he was 17, and Britney was 14. Louisiana's age of consent is 17 btw. I still don't understand why Lynne choose to tell the world that information. And it was during a time Britney needed her most.

Weirdly, in Japan, in the distant past (vefore the outlawing of *** work), young apprentice Geisha's (Maikos) would undergo a process known as Mizuage. Shroud in secrecy (and now denied by many), it involved auctioning off the "virginity" of the apprentice Geisha to the highest bidder.

The Maiko who underwent Mizuage would see male patrons and benefactors bid very large sums of money for the prestige and privilege of taking their virginity. Interestingly, the sum of money went entirely to the Okiya (the geisha house an apprentice was affiliated to). The Maiko did not see a penny.

It was considered an important initiation into womanhood and the geisha world, giving way to the next stage of "training". The Mizuage patron would often have no further relations with the young woman in question. 

The higher the bid, the more famous and in demand the Maiko would eventually become. 

The book/film Memories of a Geisha kind of details it.

If Britney had been a Geisha (which in a way she kind of was one, functioning just for the pleasure of others), she would have been the most famous of all of them.

26b0fb11305ce2c86fcddbc362015a0d.jpg

cbf99c7bc138aec4eef5d2b11f3fc31b.jpg

Oops-I-did-it-again-Press-Conference-in-

that is a perfect metaphor for her life and the constant grooming she was under from the right age. Madonna in HB in Feb '99 said that she felt like a modern day Geisha. She was forty and had come in full circle in the system. Little Brit was in the beggining of this way of life entertaing ..men..us..

Archived