In 2000 Britney Was Offered 7.5M For Her V-Card

ColdAsFire88

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Yeah I haven’t read the book but multiple media outlets have reported the quote from Lynnes’ book. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

I don’t care either. The point of this thread is how obsessed the world was regarding a teenage girls virginity :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

1 hour ago, Justin Woodpond said:

This is the guy Lynne said took Britney's virginity

She never said that she lost her virginity with him. Someone who read the book can confirm this.

I think fake quote from Lynn's book went "Viral" few years ago but that's it.

Lynn however did mention Reggie but she never said Britney had *** with him.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Is that why there is a flower on the BOMT cd? :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:

TBH i think Larry had something to do with it and then Jive found it marketable 

This.

Jive was going to give her a mature image and utilize her deeper vocals with an adult contemporary sound. 

He kept pushing pop on her and it was like he was trying to recreate Tiffany or Debbie Gibson of his youth since he’s so hellbent on portraying her as this clean cut barbie. Larry is always inches away from her at all times. 

59 minutes ago, Easy There said:

She never said that she lost her virginity with him. Someone who read the book can confirm this.

I think fake quote from Lynn's book when "Viral" few years ago but that's it.

Lynn however did mention Reggie but she never said Britney had *** with him.

I think you might be right.

Apparently, before the book was released there was pre-publicity rumours that it was going to be a shocking "tell all" detailing the loss of her virginity and more.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/publisher-denies-that-lynne-spears-dishes-on-britneys-virginity-in-new-book

But, you are correct in saying that she doesn't specifically say this in the "book that was actually released".

So all these years those quotes were not published (or fake)! Thanks, I didn't know that.

1 hour ago, FreeLou said:

I would say that times have changed, but I don’t think it’s necessarily true in Britney’s case. There’s always been a double standard when it comes to Britney.

Adele was loved and respected FOR having a “plus” figure. Britney was criticized in 2007 for being “fat” even though her body looked great.

Everyone’s so dramatic about #metoo and so sensitive about women’s rights, yet no one really gives a **** a famous woman like Britney has NO rights. The cship is way more ***ist and abusive than MANY #metoo scandals. 

So true regarding the double standards.

The fact that Britney stood for this perfect "Miss American dream" figure is probably the reason why. Adele doesn't represent the UK in the same way Britney was the face of American music, especially pop in the 2000's. Plus, as we've seen from the recent Cosmo cover controversy, America appears to be very insecure about "weight" in general or what constitutes as "healthy and successful". It's very much about surfaces.

1 hour ago, Easy There said:

Who cares.

There was a million stories regarding her virginity which is nasty. She said it was with JT and that's what I am gonna believe 

Agreed.

Virginity is such a personal thing, even if she did announce it to the world that she was one, whatever she says goes.

Like many have suggested, it was probably a marketing ploy. It made her more acceptable for a younger market to enjoy her music, even if she was selling *** or giving off *** kitten vibes (for the time particularly.) Kind of like a 'oh it's ok though, she's a good role model because she IS waiting until she is married to have ***.'

It's absolutely up to her what she tells anyone. If she or ANYONE says 'I lost my virginity at this age to this person', then you should just accept that and let that be their final answer. People should be allowed to keep personal facts like this to themselves.

47 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

So true regarding the double standards.

The fact that Britney stood for this perfect "Miss American dream" figure is probably the reason why. Adele doesn't represent the UK in the same way Britney was the face of American music, especially pop in the 2000's. Plus, as we've seen from the recent Cosmo cover controversy, America is very insecure about "weight" in general or what constitutes health and success. It's very much about surfaces.

What happened with Cosmo?

Archived