The Weeknd gets a facelift for new "Save Your Tears" music video

Luminous

6 hours ago, Army1 said:

Mmmmm but dont the female pop stars all just do the same thing anyways, also? Aside from Billie Eillish and Adele, all of our fav pop girls of the past twenty years just do the same recycled *** to sell music, looks, choreo, etc....it's not like every pop female artist is just so revolutionary either. 

What? All the female artist I know and stan, are never doing the same thing. Minus Ariana, every pop girl in this era is showing massive artistic growth because they know if they were too never do anything different for each year, people with this mindset and media will tear them apart. Its the disrespect for me :gunriah_mariah_carey:

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Urbanney said:

His best album and he’s served a creative storyline + aesthetic throughout the entire era. It’s an embarrassment to the Grammys that they snubbed such a modern artist. :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

Im glad to see Abel continuing to add to the era.

Truly a well defined era. He has released 7 videos from this album. Keeps promoting it as if it was just released. His Super Bowl will be epic.

• Love 1
On 1/5/2021 at 11:37 AM, Britney'sBish said:

Am I the only one who finds it really difficult to enjoy him?

I really like a couple of songs but his presentation just ruins it all for me.

It's the same issue I have with Bruno Mars, trying WAY TOO HARD to be like Michael Jackson instead of just using your talent to create something for yourself.

It's an issue I have with a lot of male performers, a lot of it just feels unoriginal.

Yes. You just read my mind LOL. Was watching the video thinking "there is so much Michael Jackson influence here. but he doesn't have the stage presence or dancing skills." Exactly the same with Bruno Mars. I enjoy both of them, but I cant look away from the fact that its all VERY Michael, and never actually as good :) 

• Love 2
On 1/5/2021 at 11:27 PM, Blackout2006 said:

What? All the female artist I know and stan, are never doing the same thing. Minus Ariana, every pop girl in this era is showing massive artistic growth because they know if they were too never do anything different for each year, people with this mindset and media will tear them apart. Its the disrespect for me :gunriah_mariah_carey:

But how is The Weeknd trying to be Michael Jackson? 

Michael was always built around choreo.... this Weeknd era is very much not MJ

I think because of a lot of our ***ualities, we love to stan the females, but also allow some of us to unfairly slam the male artists and paint them into this corner that none of them can be artistic or revolutionary. 

it’s a false premise. 

most current pop girls are ripoffs in someway of Britney and Beyonce and britney and Beyonce are rehashes of Janet essentially etc. etc....But we never want to hold that mirror up to our female pop stars, just the males. Its really not fair at the end of the day. 

1 hour ago, Army1 said:

But how is The Weeknd trying to be Michael Jackson? 

Michael was always built around choreo.... this Weeknd era is very much not MJ

We ever brought up MJ? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

But since you brought up that discussion, most of the male popstars we know are always trying to be MJ...

1 hour ago, Army1 said:

I think because of a lot of our , we love to stan the females, but also allow some of us to unfairly slam the male artists and paint them into this corner that none of them can be artistic or revolutionary. 

it’s a false premise. 

most current pop girls are ripoffs in someway of Britney and Beyonce and britney and Beyonce are rehashes of Janet essentially etc. etc....But we never want to hold that mirror up to our female pop stars, just the males. Its really not fair at the end of the day. 

First of all, i am straight and despite so i stan female artist and i still acknowledge that in this very competitive market, woman are the one always working hard, serving the most they can. 2nd of all, i never said ALL male artist are lazy and arent groundbreaking...i just pointed out how most male stars can perform in the stage with just a mic and some t-shirt and they can get massive critical acclaim, however if you are a female popstar the standards ARE mad high, and one thing goes wrong and theres serious backlash and this example is one example of how low standards are for men but how high it is for women. In the rap scene, you see rip-offs of Tupac, and Eminem and for female rappers, rip offs of Nicki Minaj. In the rock scene, you can count many rip-offs off Led Zeppedlin, or David Bowie. In the male pop scene, you see rip-offs of Michael Jackson. And vice versa, is for the female pop scene...its basically the same thing for all of music...

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block