The Weeknd gets a facelift for new "Save Your Tears" music video

Luminous

The singer’s latest visual, directed by Cliqua, continues the storyline from previous "After Hours" videos. In the “Heartless” video, the Weeknd trips and parties in Vegas. He then gets bloodied-up in the “Blinding Lights” visual. By “In Your Eyes”, he’s decapitated. But in “Too Late”, his head gets attached to another guy’s body, and he’s reanimated. And in recent public performances, the Weeknd’s face was covered in bandages. Now, the “Save Your Tears” video reveals the results of some reconstructive surgery. :clownery_makeup_meme:

When Grammy nominations were announced in November, it was revealed that the Weeknd wasn’t nominated for any awards. The singer called the Grammys “corrupt” and claimed that he was offered the opportunity to perform at the show, so... this video could be making a reference to that. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

tears.jpg.eda8820e67f3565e4caa5b1ffe13a25c.jpg

• Love 6

He's defiantly sending a message to the Grammy association.

In his recent American Music Awards performance, he wore bandages. Covering up his wounds? Now the bandages are off!!!

As the masked elite (mainly older and white) watch him baring inner demons - unmasked & on show - his exaggerated and deformed face mirroring their despicable behavior, which they hide behind a disguise, a "mask" of glitz and glamour, while he "shows" his proudly.

It's all fake.

He wants to make a mocerky out of the fact that anyone can win a Grammy; before he takes the large "empty" (likely faux) gold ice bucket up to the stage symbolising perfectly the emptiness of the award itself, he "pisses" all over the audiences. Kicking it away he saying it's expendable: if you want one just go to the right table, drink from the right cup, play the right game. It's that easy.

The maskless woman in the audience bathed in light represents his soul, his inner beauty - honest and pure -  contrasting his darkness. He's too caught up in the drama of deception, to see he's better than all of this. Better than all of them.

He take her up to the stage to show the audience what he is capable of. He has a gun. He too can "sell" his soul and become one of them -  just kill the light - he's torn. He soon realises to destroy her is to destroy himself. He cannot do that. He jokingly shoots himself. His darkness does not die. He's integrated his shadow.

Save your tears. He doesn't need a Grammy. He's whole. He soul intact. He's darkness perfectly on show.

They Grammys are officially over..

• Love 5
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

Am I the only one who finds it really difficult to enjoy him?

I really like a couple of songs but his presentation just ruins it all for me.

It's the same issue I have with Bruno Mars, trying WAY TOO HARD to be like Michael Jackson instead of just using your talent to create something for yourself.

It's an issue I have with a lot of male performers, a lot of it just feels unoriginal.

Mmmmm but dont the female pop stars all just do the same thing anyways, also? Aside from Billie Eillish and Adele, all of our fav pop girls of the past twenty years just do the same recycled *** to sell music, looks, choreo, etc....it's not like every pop female artist is just so revolutionary either. 

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, Army1 said:

Mmmmm but dont the female pop stars all just do the same thing anyways, also? Aside from Billie Eillish and Adele, all of our fav pop girls of the past twenty years just do the same recycled *** to sell music, looks, choreo, etc....it's not like every pop female artist is just so revolutionary either. 

Sorry you cannot tell me that...

Madonna, Kylie, Britney, Pink, Britney, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Cher, Christina Aguilera, Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Dua Lipa, or even Selena Gomez

...have served you just one basic look and have shown zero growth as an artist because they're trying to just be one thing.

That's not even remotely accurate.

Visually Bruno and The Weeknd clearly have this weird desperate Michael Jackson complex going on and it's boring.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block