Older Fans, what are some things that newer fans may not know about Britney back in the day?

11 hours ago, Inkou said:

I remember there being a meltdown on the forums after 2001 VMA, yes, THAT now legendary performance. Again it was the lipsynching, and how there was suppose to be done technical difficulties hence the U2 performance had audio issues as well.

That's fair. She definitely always had her fair share of criticism and she's spoken about it in interviews, too.

Also, I wasn't on the forums at that time but damn. I guess some things never change. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

On 12/30/2020 at 1:14 AM, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Let’s try and keep this more specific rather than ‘y’all have no clue as to how huge Britney really was’. Let’s do more of tiny news articles or interesting interviews or records she’d broken then. Information that isn’t really discussed today! old-brit-fans.jpg.3509f7febab9f0221eb013e5ec912e00.jpg

She used to be on EVERY magazine cover. And not as candids in the tabloids. She used to do photoshoot after photoshoot, constant articles and interviews. Literally every magazine would want her to model for their cover, they would sell so many more copies if they featured Britney.

Breatheheavy.com used to be just for Britney, you could log in 6 times a day and see constant updates on her. Britney's own mom used to read the site to get updates on her. She also had many other fansites and forums that were extremely active.  

• Love 5

I feel bad that young fans weren’t able to experience her early album releases first hand. They were EVENTS. Prior to the era of major internet leaks, you only heard what Britney and the label teased. The Making the Video Oops episode was the first time I ever heard the song, and it was a family event in my house.

The only thing I can think of that really captures a fraction of the excitement is the Total Britney Live special they did during the Britney album rollout. They did not do this type of program for just anyone. And the audience is going nuts!

• Love 4
On 12/30/2020 at 10:23 AM, Pinky98 said:

I did the same lol. I’m in the uk and we make sayings for everything.

Britney Spears - Beers

Apples and Pears - Stairs

Dog and Bone - Phone

Brits actually call beers Britney? Thats so cool, how that started? Lol

On 12/30/2020 at 9:37 AM, Danielle1987 said:

-She was voted “First Lady” of TRL & they also put her Barbie doll on top of the TRL Christmas tree as the angel.

-She and Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit dated a bit in 2003. Fred wrote on his website to his fans how much he was in love with her & his fan base met him with ridicule. Britney denied the relationship, hurting Fred’s feelings. He was probably supposed to keep it private. 
https://www.mtv.com/news/1459522/durst-furthers-britney-romance-rumors-with-online-post/

-Britney was a pioneer in low-rise, hip hugging jeans. 

-As another user posted, yes she had breast implants.

-She had a nipple piercing around 2002/2003

-I can account for at least 3 nose jobs in her career. Around late 1998/early 1999, late 2000/Early 2001, and 2013/2014. You never hear anyone talk about her nose job before the Britney era. 
britney-spears-1999.jpg

britrip2001.jpg

759a19fc0f2c2507f7cdd4555e0fbde0.jpg

& we all know how her nose looks now. 

That nipple piercing rumour, how that started? Is there a pic that it can be seen? 

Tbh I dont see any difference of her nose from 1998 until early 2000.

I think she got the first nose job in 2000. It looked thinner in 2001/2002, but then in 2003 it looked bigger for some reason lol 

On 12/30/2020 at 9:12 PM, anakinskywalker said:

Britney was the IT girl from 1999 to 2005. It was INSANE. It's weird and difficult to understand this looking at her now, since she is so disconnected from her peers and is living in her own bubble pretty much since 2008. But back then, she was literally everywhere, everyone talked about her, everyone had an opinion about her, she was a household name in the entire world. No Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift can be compared to the level of fame that Britney achieved.

I think a lot of new fans don't really understand the magnitude of her fame, and how that impacted her whole life and the conservatorship is one of the consequences that she still is facing.

14:17 - 15:27

There was also a video of celebs (Mark Hoppus, Matt Damon and others) talking about her 2000 vma performance, but I cant remember which video that was.

On 12/31/2020 at 12:22 AM, VeteranFan86 said:

She was supposedly going to have a guest starring role/story arc on Dawson’s Creek. I also remember before she did Crossroads, Lynne had written on “Lynne’s Corner” (a blog on Britney’s website written by, well, Lynne...) that there was a movie that Britney was trying to get a role in and that the movie was based on a book that Britney loved. My guess was a Nicholas Sparks book...just because those books were becoming extremely popular at the time and the film adaptations were starting up around that time.

1:09

On 12/31/2020 at 11:02 PM, Alexanda said:

I'm not so sure about implants, her breast could easily just grow, she was a teenager, so no one would agree with that if there was a possibility that they grow naturally? 

On 1/1/2021 at 12:45 AM, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I don’t think ***** can fluctuate that much without gaining significant weight overall. But I also don’t buy the implant story. Maybe they had her wear a filled bra did some editing for that video. I think her more natural athletic chest these days really suits her though. 

Im a girl and those def looked implants. Didnt Lynne actually confirm on her book? They tried to deny back then bc Britney was only 17 years old, it wasnt a good look for Lynne letting her underage daughter get her ******* done.

On 12/30/2020 at 1:35 PM, Blackout2006 said:

I’m a newer fan lol (been one since 2018 :typing_keyboard_computer:) but back in her time and prime, it was very hard and out of the blue for a western artist to have over 1.5 million sales of their album in Asia but Britney managed to sell around 2.1 million copies of her ...Baby One More Time and Oops!...I Did It Again sold 2.3 million copies in Asia alone :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on: 

Also even though remix albums by artist aren’t very successful, Britney’s first remix album B In The Mix Volume I went on to become the 6th best-selling remix album of all time :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

Also, I will just bring up the fact of how she is the most photographed and searched female celebrity alive :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

Also i wanted to add that when Britney was receiving the 2003 Walk Of Fame, the host said that Britney was the most voted star around the globe people and even the milllitary wanted to see live!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Robbyyyy said:

She used to be on EVERY magazine cover. And not as candids in the tabloids. She used to do photoshoot after photoshoot, constant articles and interviews. Literally every magazine would want her to model for their cover, they would sell so many more copies if they featured Britney.

Breatheheavy.com used to be just for Britney, you could log in 6 times a day and see constant updates on her. Britney's own mom used to read the site to get updates on her. She also had many other fansites and forums that were extremely active.  

At the time Britney did the W cover in 2003, it was the best selling edition of the magazine. The guy who interviewed her kinda praised her saying she was really real.