Older Fans, what are some things that newer fans may not know about Britney back in the day?

1 hour ago, Bundy said:

Brits actually call beers Britney? Thats so cool, how that started? Lol

We just have a culture of making up phrases to replace words. We call it β€˜Cockney Rhyming Slang’ here in the UK

Britney is listed on cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk too

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

I thought you were a gay man but I just I should've just checked yr profile :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Yes I am lol

I dont think theres anything about my gender on my profile tho lolΒ 

4 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

Yeah I’ve definitely heard it at least 20 times in the pastΒ 

I want to go to London so I can say to random strangers that im getting some BritneysΒ :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Do u know other slangs like this one using others pop stars names?Β 

On 12/30/2020 at 6:05 PM, Alio said:

And just like every cancelled project in any form of art it became like a "sacred mysterious legend" that became way bigger than what it actually was.

I know right!Β :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

People (well stans) make it look like it was a huge project the world was waiting to be seen but we were all let down, IΒ mean we were sad by the fact she took "a break" but Mona Lisa was as big as Apple PieΒ :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Million Billion said:

I know right!Β :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

People (well stans) make it look like it was a huge project the world was waiting to be seen but we were all let down, IΒ mean we were sad by the fact she took "a break" but Mona Lisa was as big as Apple PieΒ :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

:yesokay_britney_blush_blink:Β well I guess the mystery around abandonned projects always seem to give them some importance.

Truth is..the next album was Blackout...so...Do people realize the difference of quality between a smash hit like a Gimme more and...a Mona Lisa or even a Rebellion (yes I said Rebellion, fight me) ?Β :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

I mean Mona Lisa lyrics ...:mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses::hideous_um_zoom_hide_what_confused_scared:

• Love 1
On 12/30/2020 at 1:37 PM, Danielle1987 said:

-She was voted β€œFirst Lady” of TRL & they also put her Barbie doll on top of the TRL Christmas tree as the angel.

-She and Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit dated a bit in 2003.Β Fred wrote on his website to his fans how much he was in love with her & his fan base met him with ridicule. Britney denied the relationship, hurting Fred’s feelings. He was probably supposed to keep it private.Β 
https://www.mtv.com/news/1459522/durst-furthers-britney-romance-rumors-with-online-post/

-Britney was a pioneer in low-rise, hip hugging jeans.Β 

-As another user posted, yes she had breast implants.

-She had a nipple piercing around 2002/2003

-I can account for at least 3 nose jobs in her career. Around late 1998/early 1999, late 2000/Early 2001, and 2013/2014. You never hear anyone talk about her nose job before the Britney era.Β 
britney-spears-1999.jpg

britrip2001.jpg

759a19fc0f2c2507f7cdd4555e0fbde0.jpg

& we all know how her nose looks now.Β 
Β 

Her nose has always been a mystery. Cause if you look at those pictures, her nose looks exactly the same. I never really believed she had a nose job before 2013/2014, i think its all about lightening.

Β 

1999-2003

Schermafbeelding-2020-12-30-om-17-02-39.

1998 - 2004

Schermafbeelding-2020-12-30-om-17-10-45.

Β 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Needleney said:

Iggy-Azalea-Recreates-Britney-Spears-Ico

Β 

:imhere_run_excited:

How did I never notice that before :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:Β 

Β are there other pics?Β 

Britney was so ******* **** there :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:Β So she got her nipple piercing when she still had her good girl image, thats interesting. It seems like she got it around the time Christina got hers too.

Β 

1 hour ago, Needleney said:

Her nose has always been a mystery. Cause if you look at those pictures, her nose looks exactly the same. I never really believed she had a nose job before 2013/2014, i think its all about lightening.

Β 

1999-2003

1998 - 2004

Β 

I agree that her nose has always been a mystery, just like her ******* after 2002 lol, but I still think she got a nose job in 2000. Thing is, it was a minimal one that didnt change her nose that much. Tbh I can see a difference in her nose in the first pic u posted. I think her nose got bigger in 2003 bc she gained weight, her face looked slimmer in 2002.Β 

1 hour ago, Needleney said:

Β 

1999-2003

1998 - 2004

Β 

its nor really a mystery, even in your pictures this right one looks different,but in your second row second picture is her pregnant and its a known fact your nose gets swollen and looks wider while you pregnant.

55 minutes ago, VeteranFan86 said:

Oh nice!

I could have swore the film/book update from β€œLynne” was before even Crossroads was a thing so I wasn’t sure if she was talking about The Notebook or not.Β 

If it was before Crossroads, it def couldnt be the notebook.

The NotebookΒ was filmed mostly on location inΒ South Carolina, in late 2002 and early 2003, as well as the wintery battlefield just outsideΒ Montreal, Quebec.

Β 

The casting probably happened in early or mid 2002.Β 

4 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

its nor really a mystery, even in your pictures this right one looks different,but in your second row second picture is her pregnant and its a known fact your nose gets swollen and looks wider while you pregnant.

I dont think she was pregnant yet.Β 

britney used to have her own charity, the britney spears foundation, which would run a performing arts camp for kids during the summer. at the end of the summer brit would go and watch their showcase showing what they'd learned

and taylor swift went to the camp one year lol

EdTsf9pUYAERD7K?format=jpg&name=small

the britney spears foundation went bankrupt after the c-ship was put in place, by the way...Β :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

The younger generation really needs to take a deep dive into her discography. Obviously they know the big hits like Baby, Oops and Toxic, but she has so much in her catalogue that was never mainstream single material that I really think the younger generation would love. My baby sister was born in 2000 so I always age her by Oops I Did It Again, and even though she grew up with a huge Britney fan for a brother, there’s songs she’ll hear all the time that are brand new to her. Most of the time I am so thankful I grew up in the age of Britney, but sometimes I am so envious of these younger generations just getting to discover her catalogue for the first time and learn so much about why Britney is such a superstar. Imagine being able to hear all of her music again for the first time? 😍

• Love 1