Older Fans, what are some things that newer fans may not know about Britney back in the day?

15 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

I Can't with the fact that there was huge backlash about her showing middle finger to papz. Oh wow if there's something I don't miss from past decades, it's the hypocrisy about such a small things like they would have been the most vulgar offenses person can do :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

thing is Britney was so important at the time, that of course it became a huge event :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

and this is considering she was not even 4 years since the release of BOMT and she was already THAT important internationally 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, NewDisplayName said:

She was communicating with fans through letters.. it’s a true gold.. I don’t know how to find that thread there was a lot of letters.. there was some fan site too where all her letters to the fans were collected. I think every fan should read them to understand her persona. Most of them was of 2004-2007 period if I remember correctly.. later I will try to search and post here

omg thanks

12 minutes ago, BryanJames said:

I'll remember in 1999 and early 2000, a lot of people in Germany have laughed about Britney fans because they thought that she'll be a one hit wonder.

Then she came back with OOPS, sold one million copies, and snatched some wigs. :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

This! I think everyone thought she was gonna be a one hit wonder. I once saw a video of Melissa Joan hart saying she fought against Britney to be the lead soundtrack song for you drive me crazy because no one was gonna remember who she was :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: little did they know

• Love 5

At the height of her fame in the early 2000's, despite the fact that she was a huge superstar, it became uncool to like her (especially if you were a guy). Despite that, nearly everyone was secretly listening to her singles at the very least. But publicly, any boy that listened to her was 'gay', which is incredibly weird looking back because other people were concerned about my ***uality before I had ever even really thought about it. But, the pride I felt when supporting Britney became the norm again was great. And also seeing how many people switched up from their earlier years in life and claimed to always be a fan was very interesting.

41 minutes ago, Britney2001 said:

As a new fan asking to older fans, what was it like hearing about the Mona Lisa surprise radio debut, and then Original Doll eventually fading away? (As a Little Monster I know a little bit about this with ARTPOP Act II, and the original LG5, especially the latter.)

That was such a wild time! I remember the first recordings of it coming out on here (I wish I remembered my old account so I could go back and reminisce) and people were scrambling to get the best quality recordings possible. There were fans all over the internet sending requests and emails to KISS-FM asking them to play it again or try to trick them into sending the file out (which obviously didn't work), but Britney took the CD with her that had it on it as she left or something like that. And the swiftness with which her label shot down everything she said in her interview that day was really angering. They completely denied that Original Doll was a project that she was working on because it wasn't something that they believed in as a project or supported at all. And after that, everything just seemed to kind of fade out and Original Doll stopped being referenced as if she had never even done all that work for it on her own.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, joe sp said:

she was insanely popular but also very hated as well

Exactly, she has never been completely loved or hated. Even in her gold days, she was still criticized for everything. The gp has been on her side only a very few times. Here is what she had to say about that:

She was criticized for wearing **** small clothes (Rolling Stones 1999 magazine) for dancing **** (vmas 00) changing her image (Slave 4U), for being too ***ual (Madonna kiss and In The Zone). She never pleased anyone, she was just doing her thing and ofc haters jumped out. 

• Love 5
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Britney2001 said:

As a new fan asking to older fans, what was it like hearing about the Mona Lisa surprise radio debut, and then Original Doll eventually fading away? (As a Little Monster I know a little bit about this with ARTPOP Act II, and the original LG5, especially the latter.)

I think it depends on where you lived and how old you were back then. I was around 12-13 living in México and from what I remember it was just a very overall news about her with not too many details. I remember reading about it on a random website and listening to the leaked track. It took years to gather all of the information to know the whole context of the situation. That's my experience. I repeat, maybe older fans (17-18 or +) living in other countries (the US for example) had better access to the information. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Britney2001 said:

Oh that iconic Mona Lisa moment ...well it wasn't really iconic :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: The song was :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:..but that cheap announcement :kfed_kevin_federline_popozao_jamming_dancing::haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:...let me try to explain, ok, with Britney things were always huge, big productions, albums were announced in advance and there were documentaries about the upcoming albums so back when it happened it was pretty shocking that she just bring a cd to a radio and pop this track outta nowhere. I think the most important thing to remember was that it was during a moment where she was getting a little independant and more involved. Like she directed the Do something music video (with another guy she had a big argument with). She was releasing a reality tv series she filmed herself (Chaotic) and she was in a "serious" relationship with Kevin...so basically she was not a kid anymore, she was doing her thing, pretty much on her own, so it was confusing but also understandable that she would just chose to announce herself she will have a new song out. it's just that we were not used to that type of announcement from her.

Mona Lisa was written in Do something video so everybody thought that all the other words in the video were song titles. :fran_frog_meme_green:

The Original Doll was just a name she gave to her upcoming project on her website. Then for the last episode of Chaotic Someday was released and she was pregnant. And just like every cancelled project in any form of art it became like a "sacred mysterious legend" that became way bigger than what it actually was. (Shelved or cancelled Disney movies are also adored for some reasons). Hope that gave you an answer, at least it's how I experienced it. :)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

thing is Britney was so important at the time, that of course it became a huge event :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

and this is considering she was not even 4 years since the release of BOMT and she was already THAT important internationally 

I have a question, how was the GP's reaction when britney cancelled her second show on Mexico and that same day left?:katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: What were the tabloids saying? Did their reaction changed over the years? 

EDIT: also I really believed (until a few weeks ago when I inquired about old news) the free show she gave on Mexico at her FFT was a "gift" or a "sorry" for having cancelled the DWAD show on 2002 :orangu_orangutan_ape: apparently it wasn't!

1 hour ago, Obscene said:

At the height of her fame in the early 2000's, despite the fact that she was a huge superstar, it became uncool to like her (especially if you were a guy). Despite that, nearly everyone was secretly listening to her singles at the very least. But publicly, any boy that listened to her was 'gay', which is incredibly weird looking back because other people were concerned about my ***uality before I had ever even really thought about it. But, the pride I felt when supporting Britney became the norm again was great. And also seeing how many people switched up from their earlier years in life and claimed to always be a fan was very interesting.

That was such a wild time! I remember the first recordings of it coming out on here (I wish I remembered my old account so I could go back and reminisce) and people were scrambling to get the best quality recordings possible. There were fans all over the internet sending requests and emails to KISS-FM asking them to play it again or try to trick them into sending the file out (which obviously didn't work), but Britney took the CD with her that had it on it as she left or something like that. And the swiftness with which her label shot down everything she said in her interview that day was really angering. They completely denied that Original Doll was a project that she was working on because it wasn't something that they believed in as a project or supported at all. And after that, everything just seemed to kind of fade out and Original Doll stopped being referenced as if she had never even done all that work for it on her own.

She actually left the cd at the station ;) 

• Love 1