Older Fans, what are some things that newer fans may not know about Britney back in the day?

How much she actually communicated with her fans in the days before social media post knee injury. She would make posts on her website telling us how she was and what she was doing. About her dogs and renovations to her house. What she was working on. Her hopes for the future. Her poems. There was a real connection.Her side if the story when it came to scandals in 2007. Her sarcasm. This was at a time when this was not normal for nay celebrity. She has been ahead of the trends in many ways.

• Love 6

How much she actually communicated with her fans in the days before social media post knee injury. She would make posts on her website telling us how she was and what she was doing. About her dogs and renovations to her house. What she was working on. Her hopes for the future. Her poems. There was a real connection.Her side if the story when it came to scandals in 2007. Her sarcasm. This was at a time when this was not normal for nay celebrity. She has been ahead of the trends in many ways.

On 12/30/2020 at 5:13 PM, Britney2001 said:

As a new fan asking to older fans, what was it like hearing about the Mona Lisa surprise radio debut, and then Original Doll eventually fading away? (As a Little Monster I know a little bit about this with ARTPOP Act II, and the original LG5, especially the latter.)

I feel like around this time a lot was going on. Her and Kevin released chaotic after she found out she was pregnant, Original Doll was scraped for a more ballad and melodic Britney project. Someday song was the lead single but that project got shelved when she was pregnant again. It was a surprise I think. She was getting in shape and making buzz. Then I think on her website that she wrote on she was excited to be pregnant and taking a break.  I could have that wrong but I remember downloading leaked Chaotic from bearshare lol

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
On 12/30/2020 at 9:12 AM, runpiggierun said:

During the Britney era (precisely during album photoshoots), she got botched botox, which made one of her eyebrow higher than the other.

XRAY_Bshoot_003.jpg

002.jpg

003.png

UGH god she looks SO creepy in the last pic! 

Now thats what nightmares are made of! (and bad photoshop)

• Love 1

Sometimes I wonder if you guys lived in the same world I did.

Yes Britney was hugely popular, like MJ popular, she was everywhere, but she was NOT universally beloved. In fact it was very common for people, people you meet and celebrities to bash her and made fun of her, her looks, her lipsynching, how she was "manufactured", many of you stan Avril now but she was vicious towards Britney. As many Britney wannabes there were, there were also a ton of Anti-Britney stars.  And no one said anything to defend her, not until around the Blackout era did it become popular to say nice things about her.

Yeah we spoke of the ITZ era like it was Primeney, actually I remember that was the time she was most criticized for lipsynching, and bubblegum pop was hugely despised, every pop star wanted to blend R&B, or singer-songwriter elements.

Even her fans back then weren't as nice, I remember there being a meltdown on the forums after 2001 VMA, yes, THAT now legendary performance. Again it was the lipsynching, and how there was suppose to be done technical difficulties hence the U2 performance had audio issues as well.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Alexanda said:

I'm not so sure about implants, her breast could easily just grow, she was a teenager, so no one would agree with that if there was a possibility that they grow naturally? 

Well, they definitely weren’t shaped naturally. & then they disappeared. You also don’t gain over two cups sizes in such a short amount of time. Take it from a woman. 

On 12/30/2020 at 10:39 AM, Cinderella85 said:

Britney is a real badass who speaks her mind. She can be really sarcastic and even mean sometimes. But never without a reason. She has a great sense of humor and doesn't take herself so seriously. She is very strong and independent. She cares for everyone around her: give them gifts, jobs, supported them in things that are important to them, like Introducing her grandfather to Aretha Franklin and get  Kevin a record deal and appearances  in front of thousands of people
.I think she is the friend you can call at 3 am and she is just there. She is very caring and loving. She was the bridesmaid for Brett for example. She knows exactly what she wants, not just when it comes to her job, but also in her private life. She has a grip on everything. when she needs help, she takes it. Like when she needs a Psychologist during the Britney era or a babysitter when she split up with Kevin. So her baby's were always supplied. Brit is not afraid to try new things, she is very open to other people, cultures, music sounds, etc.(but not food). She is one of the bravest people I ever saw in my whole life.

Let´s never forget the "Real Britney".That is for what we´re  fighting. That she can be herself again.

I Speak The Truth GIFs | Tenorit's so beautiful crying gif – Happy Endings | Tell-Tale TV

When she said she was a virgin while dating JT;

And then later saying that chocolat is good as an *******.

Caught drinking coke while being a sponsor for Pepsi.

Media destroyed Britney back in the day.

Today, I laugh when media and press say they’re being attacked when they are the ones who destroy people’s live.

Media and paparazzi weren’t good towards Britney and I believed that’s why 2007 happened and how led to cship and where she is been now.

• Love 3

This is obv well known but something that bothers me to this day is how the paps today wouldn’t get away with what they did to her. I know that change is technically a good thing but if I was her it would be hard not to be bitter. 

Britney would be crying asking to be left alone and paps would just swarm her taking pics. They would swarm her everywhere. The media shamed her for everything - looking sloppy, going out partying, not wearing shoes, and then the baby in the lap or the carseat the wrong way, or her tripping on the street while holding her baby. it was an absolute feeding frenzy. I remember reading that she stimulated the economy by like millions of dollars just through magazines, paparazzi etc alone. 

I feel like now people stick up for celebs private life more, and celebs in turn are more candid about struggling with mental health. But Britney HAD to be perfect and everytime she wasnt, it was a feeding frenzy.. Even in some of those interviews between 04-07 the interviewers would ask really ****ed up questions about her virginity and her abilities as a mom - I can think of TWO very public interviews where she cried - it’s heartbreaking. And NO ONE in mainstream media criticized it. Even the vma performance where she isn’t even fat, they called her fat. That NEVER would fly today.

Also something that wouldn’t happen today: the upskirt photo. That was a disgusting violation, a paparazzi getting down on his knees while Britney was stepping out of a car in a dress. The photos were online and people were shaming... guess who: BRITNEY. This was ***ual assault and probably would be taken to court today if it happened to say, Taylor swift etc. But nope - Britney was shamed for going partying and basically **** shamed. No one even thought anything of the paparazzi taking that photo. Absolutely disgusting. 

As much as the industry needed to change, and it’s good that it did, I feel like Britney was like sacraficed for the cruelty of the media / tabloids and the public. It makes me sick. Even when tabloids now refer to her “public meltdown” I get angry cause it’s like YOU relished it and kept it going for the world to see. YOU played a very vital part in Britney’s “downfall” and they just sum it up with those words “public struggles of 07” or whatever. It sickens me. 

• Love 6

What younger fans might not know is that she was allowed to talk and do interviews much more and was totally comfortable and competent during those interviews. As she has got older she has less and less control and hence there is this believe she doesn’t know what she is doing or is not involved in her career or does not care but this is really the conservativeship controlling her narrative. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Obscene said:

No??? I don't mean to be rude, but you should speak for yourself and only yourself when referring to when you were introduced to her.

He's not wrong though, ...Baby One More Time was released after Sabrina The Teenage Witch soundtrack so that was the first "Introduction" to her to the public in the music industry.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

He's not wrong though, ...Baby One More Time was released after Sabrina The Teenage Witch soundtrack so that was the first "Introduction" to her to the public in the music industry.

He is wrong because he’s assuming that every long-time fan was introduced to her that way, when that’s not the case.

• Like 1