Older Fans, what are some things that newer fans may not know about Britney back in the day?

4 hours ago, LordofTheMoodRing said:

McDonalds released Britney bonus tracks. Heart, Girl in My Mirror, One Kiss From You is a favorite.

I'm pretty sure that's how I heard Heart for the first time. I went on a class trip and someone had that CD and I was like "OMG I've never heard this Britney song!" Lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

The whole "Anit-Britney" moment. 

Many pop star like Avril, Jessica Simpson, Lead singer of Evanescence, Some what Christina Aguilera, Pink, etc. were a part of Anti-britney Moment. Paparazis were paid to write **** about her, Pop stars were finding ways to throw shades on britney. 

There is no Anti-TS or Anti-Beyonce Moment  

• Love 6

These are just my tidbits... very sporadic stuff lol

I remember whatever Britney was photographed in was the next "it" outfit.  She did so many magazine covers it bananas. Her TRL visits and how she was so sociable and answered any questions and she spit fire if needed!! She made Starbucks famous!! :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill: Also I remember the Britney alter ego who would talk in a British accent in the notorious pink wig! Not the best of her, and I'm definitely not making fun of her. Looking back on it, she was screaming for help. I feel terrible in my early 20s not realizing  how harassing the paps were and what was really going on. Everyone just wanted a piece of her...

britney-spears-body-transformation-26-14 94a15ee13fbe8194372a7f6cfbdf9a1c--britne  Britney-Spears-cohosted-MTV-TRL-Awards-2tumblr_p3c5xpiaxd1tavz3go1_1280.png Britney+Spears+Water+Bottles+2004+CqQRko

EYuGf7gXQAc_3NF.jpg

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Oxic said:

I have a question, how was the GP's reaction when britney cancelled her second show on Mexico and that same day left?:katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: What were the tabloids saying? Did their reaction changed over the years? 

EDIT: also I really believed (until a few weeks ago when I inquired about old news) the free show she gave on Mexico at her FFT was a "gift" or a "sorry" for having cancelled the DWAD show on 2002 :orangu_orangutan_ape: apparently it wasn't!

Didn't she release "Stages" to mend that, basically?

• Like 1
On 12/30/2020 at 3:52 AM, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Well the Mexican media treated it as if she was being racist and saying F.U. to Mexicans. It was so dumb. The saying is so true, "They build you up, to tear you down".

:icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

I'm sorry to all Mexicans but they seem to have an inferiority complex because they did the same with Tiziano Ferro. He was actually rude and out of place but they made a huge deal out of it and then they him PAY for it in an even more disrespectful way.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, U_WannaLiveFancy said:

This was legit one of the many things that made me stan her when looking back during the Femme Fatale era.

A childhood memory of mine, unsure which year but during the 00's before Blackout, is that she was quoted as saying that she can be lazy eating fried chicken/chicken wings for months and then get up on a threadmill and run like crazy once touring season starts. ICONIC. I need to find this quote...

Omg iconic. That's the kind of motivation and work ethic I need. Once I skip a workout, it's like game over for me...:clownery_makeup_meme:

The fact is her face was everywhere! How exciting was it every year to see a new Britney Pepsi commercial? How exciting was it to see that Britney Playstation 2 game, Britney's Dance Beat? How much fun was it to watch Britney at the Video Music Awards and get excited for her just appearing on the red carpet? Do you remember the doumentaries and the fun her and Felicia had in them?

The days of Britney on TRL was just iconic and that's something that was so much fun! 

Do younger fans know Britney sang live at Rockefeller Center? 

Her concerts for Dream Within a Dream and the Onyx Hotel was so far out there, I have never seen any other celebrity go to the depths of those shows. Britney out done herself that she could never bring that level again. 

That's only the start of what I had on my mind, too!

• Love 4

There was always out of proportion critisism.

first she was a one hit wonder

then she is stupid and a bad example and doesnt write her own music

then she is only relying on *** and her looks

then she is white trash and the whole 2007 topic

then she is over and will never be **** again

then she is getting old and out of touch/ has been

BUT: she was always proving everyone wrong. and she always not only survived but also came back an even bigger legend

boom GIF

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 12/30/2020 at 1:43 PM, Danielle1987 said:

No denying she had implants in 1999! They also make an appearance in “Born To Make You Happy” music video 

I'm not so sure about implants, her breast could easily just grow, she was a teenager, so no one would agree with that if there was a possibility that they grow naturally? 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

We were really introduced to Britney Spears on the Sabrina The Teenage Witch Soundtrack. Before the internet, I thought Soda Pop was Baby One More Time for the longest time lol. 

No??? I don't mean to be rude, but you should speak for yourself and only yourself when referring to when you were introduced to her.

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Alexanda said:

I'm not so sure about implants, her breast could easily just grow, she was a teenager, so no one would agree with that if there was a possibility that they grow naturally? 

I don’t think ***** can fluctuate that much without gaining significant weight overall. But I also don’t buy the implant story. Maybe they had her wear a filled bra did some editing for that video. I think her more natural athletic chest these days really suits her though. 

Talking about Justin Long dong made me remember this memory of seeing Crossroads opening night. I remember saving up all my allowance to see this in theaters. It was sold out and was such a fun experience waiting in line because everyone was a britney fan, it was like a celebration, cheering claps and woops 🤣🤣. There was a lot of Sax and The City fans too cause of Kim C.  And everyone cried at her sad scene and then laughed when we realized we were all choked up. And yelling at the blue bottle scene 🤣 They all did such a great job with this movie plus the car reminds me of  To Wung Foo With Love ❤️ 

• Love 3