Taylor Swift's new album "evermore" debuts at #1 with 331K in sales

35 minutes ago, Minatozaki Sana said:

Female albums with the biggest US on-demand streaming debuts
#1 thank u, next - Ariana Grande
#2 folklore - Taylor Swift
#3 Lover - Taylor Swift
#4 evermore - Taylor Swift

so she isn't "all that" without physicals eventhough she destroyed every other female in streaming except for Ariana at her peak? 

y'all are so delusional it hurts :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Shut up. I have all her vinyls, had tickets to Lover Fest. Don’t educate me troll. She isn’t all that without the physical albums meaning she doesn’t sell as much as it appears. Keep your condescending attitude to yourself cause idk who you’re educating :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

• Haha 1

Ya’ll need to realize that it’s not just about pop stars. There’s artists who are popular that aren’t making dance pop. These last two albums were not pop like 1989 and reputation. Get over it . Does not mean she flopped or is boring it just means she’s not dancing to beats with dancers.

this is giving me ally a star is born vibes. Like this forum thinks there’s only one type of successful artist. She’s not a pop star right now so call it what you want 

11 hours ago, Arcticlover said:

Did that with NO physical copies + folklore sold over 100k pure sales this week, whos doing it like her ?

Her power :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

11 hours ago, Tprez said:

You go record breaker! She did that WITHOUT physical sales and yet some people call her a flop 😂 at this point I really don’t know if those folks are jealous or just dumb.

Exactly, it’s crazy...her sales standards are so high that even selling 330k sounds like a flop for them. She really has done something :surprisedney_britney_wow_shocked_surprised:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Shut up. I have all her vinyls, had tickets to Lover Fest. Don’t educate me troll. She isn’t all that without the physical albums meaning she doesn’t sell as much as it appears. Keep your condescending attitude to yourself cause idk who you’re educating :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

The amount of fans that LEVITATE to her defense when someone says one word against her lmbo :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

How are you a moderator? Honestly, every response I read from you is so bitter.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

How are you a moderator? Honestly, every response I read from you is so bitter.

How are you a member? Every response I see from you is always so bitter. Don’t make me pull up receipts because you’re not positive at all. That user quoted me being all sassy so you can take a seat next to them. Every time you quote me I cringe because I already know it’s going to be some bs. If you don’t like me stop quoting me. It’s starting to become an obsession :roxxy:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

The amount of fans that LEVITATE to her defense when someone says one word against her lmbo :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

I love it because they don’t realize they look foolish arguing with me considering I have followed her career since the beginning. Just because I don’t like these new eras and her desperate bundle attempts for number ones doesn’t mean that I hate her. These obsessed swifties are starting to be the new Beyhive and it’s not a good look 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Most streamed artists in the US in 2020 so far:

1. Drake - 5.22B 
2. Juice WRLD - 5.15B 
3. Taylor Swift - 4.1B 
4. Youngboy NBA - 4B
5.  Lil Uzi Vert - 3.94B 

Again, she’s the third most streamed artist overall this year, and the ONLY female artist in the top 10, so how can you say she isn’t all that without sales?

The only difference is that sales tends to be frontloaded while streaming takes time to accumulate units. So there’s literally no way to make up for the 600k she lost from having no physicals through streaming alone in one week.

The biggest streaming week ever is Drake’s Scorpion which still only did 540k and that was with almost 30 songs, 3 massive smashes and the biggest promotional push ever on streaming services. So how do you expect Taylor to do 800k with just streaming, it’s just not realistic :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: 

She will get those units across time though, because that’s how streaming works, by consistently accumulating those units little by little. Unlike sales which tend to be huge first week and nosedives afterwards.

For example: Lover is 3x platinum but only 30% of it’s total is from physical sales, and most of those physical sales were from the first week.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Saying her peak is over because the record industry has changer is shady af.

She still outsold and out streamed every other artist.

Well, what’s a peak? A peak is an era of ones career, where they have not only massive album sales, but the era on its own right should be huge as well and basically everywhere. That type of stardom, she hasn’t had since the end of Reputation, since that was the last era you could call of hers “memorable”.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block