Taylor Swift's new album "evermore" debuts at #1 with 331K in sales

31 minutes ago, FRANCISCO said:

Billie Eilish :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

Billie is incredibly talented but shes also incredibly new, and her newer music hasnt made the same impact as her previous first album singles. Shes literally 18 and has so much growing to do, so potentially, yes but from one era alone, the numbers still dont prove that billie is better.

Billie sold 330k with her debut week, with 170k in physical sales. Taylor is practically match without physical sales.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, MonAmour said:

Taylor swift tries to force relatability by messing up her hair and going for a simple image. She owns dozens of mansions and has a person hired to wipe her *** every morning. I can see she’s a complete sociopath. I don’t know how nobody else sees this. It’s crazy to me. 

Fans relate to her music and lyrics, they appreciate the aesthetics. It also helps that she goes out of her way to involve fans in everything she does. That's why fans love her.

But fans alone didnt make her a record breaking country act, and fans alone didnt make her a record breaking pop artist with the most awarded pop album and highest grossing stadium tour.

If you cant see it, that's on you.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MonAmour said:

I don’t hate her, I just don’t understand why Americans highly praise someone with someone so mediocre in terms of talent and looks. and doesn’t even seem that nice of a person. She’s like the Jake Paul of the music industry.

Lol stop 

If you actually took the time to listen to her music and pay attention to the lyrics and the melodies, you would understand why she's so successful. She's an amazing lyricist and she's good at maintaining a relationship with her fans. Besides, you don't HAVE to like her, everyone has different tastes in music but to call her untalented and unattractive is just... false :gunriah_mariah_carey:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, KatyKatClub said:

Yikes. She is so desperate. Is she going to release 8 editions of Evermore too, and 8 vinyl editions? She is getting more and more desperate and it shows by how she keeps bringing up Scooter. She knows that she is flopping and that is the only reason why she is still relevant. She can't use being dumped by multiple boyfriends to play victim anymore. Scooter is her ticket. She is a flop and her stans should be on wattpad. They inflate her ego so much despite her charting and ranking says different. Not to mention she can't sing, dance or perform.

Not the Katy Perry stan calling Taylor desperate when Clowny flopped harder than Nemo on dry land even though she also released several album covers and had a million singles. Each time one would underperform she would again, unsuccessfully attempt to release another lead single. She had like what? 10 lead singles? :roxxy: I don’t like the Folklore and Evermore eras but to be so bold as to downplay Taylor’s sales regardless of what desperate tactics she uses when you stan the literal clown of the music industry is just :roxxy: 

• Haha 5
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, KatyKatClub said:

It actually isn't bigger. She just isn't as popular as you want to believe she is. Outside her fan base people don't like her. It showed with Folklore. She did everything she could to keep that #1. She released 8 editions of the album, gave CDs away for free, did a lot of promotion with high profile celebrities. Once her stans stopped buying all 8 editions of her music she dropped from the charts so quickly because the GP isn't buying her music. It is just her stans. People are brutal about her in the media. They are tired of her playing victim all the time. The same will happen to this album. If it does get #1, which it probably will, it will be there for a few days or even weeks and then will disappear and no one will remember it. She really isn't that popular and is flopping nowadays. She knows it too because the only thing that keeps her relevant is this Scooter drama.

You wrote the same thing like 4 times. Just agree to disagree. To quote Britney “it’s not that deep.” It’s pop music and a pop star, we’re in a pandemic. Just go stream Champagne Problems by Katy!

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Fans relate to her music and lyrics, they appreciate the aesthetics. It also helps that she goes out of her way to involve fans in everything she does. That's why fans love her.

But fans alone didnt make her a record breaking country act, and fans alone didnt make her a record breaking pop artist with the most awarded pop album and highest grossing stadium tour.

If you cant see it, that's on you.

“Fans”... obviously if you are a sociopathic narcissist you are going to rely on people inferior to you..

2 hours ago, MonAmour said:

“Fans”... obviously if you are a sociopathic narcissist you are going to rely on people inferior to you..

Then surely all artist/fan relationships are sociopathic or narcissistic, from Dolly Parton to Doja Cat. That's a stupid comment because you don't like an artist....

...it doesnt change the fact that shes universally loved and supported.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not the Katy Perry stan calling Taylor desperate when Clowny flopped harder than Nemo on dry land even though she also released several album covers and had a million singles. Each time one would underperform she would again, unsuccessfully attempt to release another lead single. She had like what? 10 lead singles? :roxxy: I don’t like the Folklore and Evermore eras but to be so bold as to downplay Taylor’s sales regardless of what desperate tactics she uses when you stan the literal clown of the music industry is just :roxxy: 

Omg I completely forgot Katy literally released just as many copies of Smile as folklore and still only sold a 20th of what Taylor did!

• Haha 2
On 12/12/2020 at 3:43 PM, Arcticlover said:

If thats tragic then idk what to call britneys sales.

On 12/12/2020 at 3:33 PM, Stefani said:

Taylor went from selling a million copies on most of her opening weeks to selling less than half. Tragic.

The Enduring Appeal of Pop Stars Who “Flop” | Pitchfork

you obviously don't know what you're talking about. This is a sister album, released 5 months after folklore. Physical copies are also not available so that's basically just digital and streams. These numbers are amazing considering the time and the circumstance.  

• Love 2

What is it with her? I find her to be extremely boring, she's just a pretty girl who does coffee house style music. Nothing special. Everything she put out on these last 2 albums literally sound like it was made in a coffee house. I like some of her stuff, but none of it is groundbreaking. I will never get the fascination with her.  Personality wise, she's not someone who draws me in either as she seems superficial and BORING lol

• Haha 1
On 12/14/2020 at 10:36 AM, MonAmour said:

I don’t hate her, I just don’t understand why Americans highly praise someone with someone so mediocre in terms of talent and looks. and doesn’t even seem that nice of a person. She’s like the Jake Paul of the music industry.

Jealously is a sickness and i hope you get well soon sweetie. :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, lappyhunt1024 said:

What is it with her? I find her to be extremely boring, she's just a pretty girl who does coffee house style music. Nothing special. Everything she put out on these last 2 albums literally sound like it was made in a coffee house. I like some of her stuff, but none of it is groundbreaking. I will never get the fascination with her.  Personality wise, she's not someone who draws me in either as she seems superficial and BORING lol

To say her music is boring i would say you don't have much taste in music outside of one genre maybe. Or at least hear how people can like it. It's immature taste to be frank. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, Kevney said:

Jealously is a sickness and i hope you get well soon sweetie. :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:

They're not wrong, she's EXTREMELY basic. She's  a pretty rich girl that magically got a record contract.  Probably the most overrated female singer. Let's be real, do y'all really listen to her albums several months or years after its release? Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

• Love 1
Just now, Kevney said:

To say her music is boring i would say you don't have much taste in music outside of one genre maybe. Or at least hear how people can like it. It's immature taste to be frank. 

I have a great taste in music. .. of all genre's. She literally makes coffee house music, I see a **** ton of people just like her, if not better, playing at coffee houses. "Immature taste" . .. honey that's the Taylor fans. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block