Taylor Swift's new album "evermore" debuts at #1 with 331K in sales

4 hours ago, KatyKatClub said:

Did they? The moment her stans stopped buying all 8 editions of her album Folklore free fell from the charts. Her fans couldn't keep it there because they gp wasn't buying. No the gp didn't like Folklore. It made no noise outside stan twitter. The only people who listen to it are her stans hence why the youtube views are so low. It flopped and only got to #1 because of stans mass buying.

Congrats you won the grammy for the dumbest comments 👏🏻👏🏻

• Love 6
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, KatyKatClub said:

She is flopping so bad now but her fans continue to inflate her huge ego and refuse to admit it. The GP doesn't like her anymore. It showed when Folklore was #1 for few weeks due to her stans mass buying all 8 editions of her album on CD and vinyl (she was desperate lol). Then it dropped from the charts real quick. It virtually vanished. That doesn't happen with most artists. She has to rely on her fans. Now Scooter has sold her masters to an investment company founded by Walt Disney's nephew. Disney destroys careers so... can't wait to see what happens to hers. She'll wish she was still with Scooter.

How long did Smile stay at the #1 spot?

• Haha 4
On 12/13/2020 at 12:33 AM, Stefani said:

Taylor went from selling a million copies on most of her opening weeks to selling less than half. Tragic.

The Enduring Appeal of Pop Stars Who “Flop” | Pitchfork

You have to take in account that physical CDs aren't available in stores yet which is a strong indicator for Taylor. Most of her fans buy the physical CD.

It also had no different editions like with Folklore and she only released an album 5 months ago.

I mean you have to take that in credit. Ofcourse Evermore won't sell as much as Folklore but selling 300 to 350K with this in mind still is good.

I mean Ariana, who many consider the princess of pop now, had around the half of this with Positions which shows to me Taylor is anything but flopping.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, KatyKatClub said:

You're totally right. She isn't as popular or successful as she is made out to be. The problem is that her stans spend so much time on stan twitter or tumblr or places like this or whatever, which is full of Taylor stans who inflate her ego, and they get a false sense of superiority. They lose touch with the world outside, which is far bigger than stan twitter. Folklore really flopped. It did well in the charts because of her stans mass buying all 8 editions of it, and vinyls and etc but when they were done it disappeared off the charts so quickly. It wasn't a gradual decline. It literally disappeared. Same will happen with Evermore. She has a loyal fanbase who can put her in the charts but they can't keep her there because the GP just doesn't like her. They're tired of her playing victim mentality. Look at any tabloid media. They hate her. She is like rank 30 spotify most streamed artist. Most popular artist lists she isn't even top 5 but her stans apparently think she is #1 despite prove otherwise.

She was the most streamed female artist in the US in 2020. Get ur facts straight :)

• Love 4
On 12/13/2020 at 2:02 AM, Stefani said:

The excuses! Next I suppose y'all will use the pandemic as the next justification for why her opening numbers are so mediocre for her standards even though every Swiftie is still buying/streaming her music [and some will probably go hungry for a week after buying multiple copies].

But I forgot, we're on TaylorHeavy. :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

Excuses? Its fact. 

Name another artist getting 325k on digital releases alone, with physical releases out next week for their second critically acclaimed surprise album of the year.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, KatyKatClub said:

It actually isn't bigger. She just isn't as popular as you want to believe she is. Outside her fan base people don't like her. It showed with Folklore. She did everything she could to keep that #1. She released 8 editions of the album, gave CDs away for free, did a lot of promotion with high profile celebrities. Once her stans stopped buying all 8 editions of her music she dropped from the charts so quickly because the GP isn't buying her music. It is just her stans. People are brutal about her in the media. They are tired of her playing victim all the time. The same will happen to this album. If it does get #1, which it probably will, it will be there for a few days or even weeks and then will disappear and no one will remember it. She really isn't that popular and is flopping nowadays. She knows it too because the only thing that keeps her relevant is this Scooter drama.

Flopping? 

833k in her first week with folklore. 8 weeks at number?

Now, her second surprise album is doing 325k with digital sales alone.

Both albums critically acclaimed.

Both surprise albums.

Compare that to Ms. Perry selling 45k, and going to number 5 that had a full promotional campaign, even during the pandemic, and mediocre at best reviews.

Flopping? Katy fans know all about

• Love 6
  • Haha 2
On 12/13/2020 at 11:23 AM, Arcticlover said:

Youre just pressed shes doing well. Taylor isnt going anywhere and shes got nothing to prove anymore. Her sales are impressive, just compare them to every single other artist minus Adele. No one is doing it like her. 

Since when are over 300k mediocre ? its over 3 times more than what shawn did, and 2 times more than what ariana did, with a surprise drop that came a couple months after an album (that broke every record this year). Every single person here would k!ll for Britney to open with such numbers. 

Worth adding, the only person selling as much as Taylor Swift is Taylor Swift.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, MonAmour said:

Her success proves the stupidity and basicness of middle America 

No, it shows that people still care about artistry and poeticism. You can say that you dislike Taylor and her music, but you can't say that it is objectively bad / basic / whatever else. Her music has always been critically acclaimed, and her last two albums were pretty much universally acclaimed. Clearly, you hate her so much that you can't even rationally think about the garbage that comes out of your mouth. If anything, you're the basic one because you seemingly only enjoy overproduced radio bops with a 2-week shelf life instead of music that had actual thought, heart, and soul put into it. This might be a baseless assumption on my part, but that's how you come across when you label Taylor Swift fans as stupid and basic. I'm not saying this to put down pop music - half the music I listen to is overproduced corporate garbage. However, calling Taylor Swift basic WHILE listening to overproduced corporate garbage would be disingenuous and dumb. :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

Times have changed, and people are attracted to stars that are relatable, and Taylor is the embodiment of that shift in pop culture. Therefore, I'll never understand why people are so surprised by her success. :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

• Love 8
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

No, it shows that people still care about artistry and poeticism. You can say that you dislike Taylor and her music, but you can't say that it is objectively bad / basic / whatever else. Her music has always been critically acclaimed, and her last two albums were pretty much universally acclaimed. Clearly, you hate her so much that you can't even rationally think about the garbage that comes out of your mouth. If anything, you're the basic one because you seemingly only enjoy overproduced radio bops with a 2-week shelf life instead of music that had actual thought, heart, and soul put into it. This might be a baseless assumption on my part, but that's how you come across when you label Taylor Swift fans as stupid and basic. I'm not saying this to put down pop music - half the music I listen to is overproduced corporate garbage. However, calling Taylor Swift basic WHILE listening to overproduced corporate garbage would be disingenuous and dumb. :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

Times have changed, and people are attracted to stars that are relatable, and Taylor is the embodiment of that shift in pop culture. Therefore, I'll never understand why people are so surprised by her success. :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

Taylor swift tries to force relatability by messing up her hair and going for a simple image. She owns dozens of mansions and has a person hired to wipe her *** every morning. I can see she’s a complete sociopath. I don’t know how nobody else sees this. It’s crazy to me. 

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I-

You really hate her, don’t you :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

I don’t hate her, I just don’t understand why Americans highly praise someone with someone so mediocre in terms of talent and looks. and doesn’t even seem that nice of a person. She’s like the Jake Paul of the music industry.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block