Taylor Swift's new album "evermore" debuts at #1 with 331K in sales

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Dua Lipa is a British artist and you would have to be Adele to shift such numbers in first week even as a Britisher :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: Just one to say that Future Nostalgia in its first week sold internationally as much as Folklore with pure sales did in the US :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Not you trying to brag about the fact it took all of her sales worldwide added up to compare to Taylor first week sales in the U.S. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

That would be like me claiming that Liberation's sales worldwide are added up to Glory's U.S. sales and then passing it off as a defense. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Is it because no one actually knows who Dua Lipa is outside of these pop culture forums and petty downvoting sprees? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I love it because they don’t realize they look foolish arguing with me considering I have followed her career since the beginning. Just because I don’t like these new eras and her desperate bundle attempts for number ones doesn’t mean that I hate her. These obsessed swifties are starting to be the new Beyhive and it’s not a good look 

That’s the problem with those TayStans. You can be Taylor’s biggest stan but still not be delusional or over-the-top defensive. I literally had people here call me ***IST when I told them to get real to the fact that Folklore wouldn’t sell 1 million copies in the US. In the words of my sister “Taylor could literally sing Sugar Honey Iced Tea, and have her fans die at it” :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Not you trying to brag about the fact it took all of her sales worldwide added up to compare to Taylor first week sales in the U.S. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

That would be like me claiming that Liberation's sales worldwide are added up to Glory's U.S. sales and then passing it off as a defense. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Is it because no one actually knows who Dua Lipa is outside of these pop culture forums and petty downvoting sprees? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Lol, internationally she is pretty big and this wouldn’t be my first time sending u receipts of that fact :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Minatozaki Sana said:

Female albums with the biggest US on-demand streaming debuts
#1 thank u, next - Ariana Grande
#2 folklore - Taylor Swift
#3 Lover - Taylor Swift
#4 evermore - Taylor Swift

so she isn't "all that" without physicals eventhough she destroyed every other female in streaming except for Ariana at her peak? 

y'all are so delusional it hurts :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

She is really powerful right now. The best thing about TS is experimenting and constantly changing, evolving, and keeping up with competition. But her albums are not impactful or set any trends. She will be remembered for her album sales and Grammys, but I doubt she leave any impact on industry. 

Britney, Beyoncé, and Gaga, were huge because they shape the industry. 

Rihanna, TS, Katy Perry are bigger commercial success. As Beyoncé said "Its not about the album sales. its about the impact". Also her streaming numbers on spotify is around ~5billions with 2 Album release. 

Most streamed female artists of 2020 on Spotify so far:
@billieeilish
 5B
@taylorswift13
 4.9B
@ArianaGrande
 4.76B
@DUALIPA
 4.2B
@ladygaga
 3.05B

So she isn't destroying anyone, she is just leading right now. Its like enjoying sometime after peak 1989. Its just a matter of time. Everyone expected Katy Perry's witness era will be huge after delivering Roar and Dark Horse. But She flopped so bad. TS is not close to destroying anyone.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, SS91 said:

Why did billboard change the bundles rule? Albums still get sold that way. Anyways good for her. This isn’t bad considering there were no physicals. Watch next week be high again because of physicals. Evermore is just as good as folklore. Well deserved 

Its just another cheap way to get a sale. Many singers like Taylor being the leader of the pack have used the bundle sales to upmost advantage, to even selling a CD with a jockstrap of the album name on it :matches:

Soooo my physical copy arrived today!! I wasn't expecting it after the UK store claimed it wouldn't arrive in time for Christmas dd. Part of me thought about waiting until Friday to open it but I caved in. Anyway, here's my thoughts on the bonus tracks: (also I've put in spoilers for the sake of those who want to hear the songs without knowing what they sound like)

Spoiler

Right Where You Left Me: Okay I wasn't expecting this to be a country song, it's quite laidback and I like the meaning of the lyrics too. 

It's Time To Go: Oh wow, this one is so MELODIC and LUSH sounding, I love it! Taylor also takes a dig at Scoter Braun/Scott Borchetta on this track. I love the story of this one, and the outro when it turns country with that plucky guitar is so beautiful!!! A pretty fitting closing track to the album, as lyrically its outro is similiar to Daylight's.

So overall, both are great songs, but I prefer It's Time To Go. Fans of country Taylor will be pleased with the sound of both. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block